Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, jbeaman9 said:

Woodson's quotes just now in his presser were absolutely pathetic. This one especially:

“It would have been nice to have Xavier Johnson. … Every year I’ve coached, when things don’t go well, I point the finger at me.”

Woodson says he doesn’t blame the players and adds, “but I don’t miss wide open shots. I don’t miss free throws.”

Sometimes you have a team that doesn't shoot well.  It happens to coaches.  You compensate by playing great defense, but we haven't even played defense well.  No offense and no defense is on the coach, plain and simple.  Currently in Kenpom we have the 113 ranked offense and the 109th ranked defense.  There is no foundation and no identity established.  We need a real college coach. 

3 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

Screenshot_2024-02-26-11-55-27-47_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Boilerplate response... mine was word-for-word, save the Huber's reference... but hopefully it's another "tick mark" on the side of moving on from Woodson...

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

Boilerplate response... mine was word-for-word, save the Huber's reference... but hopefully it's another "tick mark" on the side of moving on from Woodson...

I was wondering if it was a generic Auto response.  But Im glad he atleast had to read it because of the Huber thing, yeah.   Just ready for a change, this sucks.

Just now, hper50 said:

Quote from Dolson in a new article about Curt Cignetti:

“The decision for us [to fire Allen and hire Cignetti] was really looking at, ‘What’s the trajectory of our program right now and where’s the trajectory of football in the Big Ten?’” Dolson said. “With expansion and all that is happening in terms of football in the Big Ten, it became not ‘What is the cost of making the change?’; it was, ‘What is it going to cost us if we don’t make the change?’”

https://t.co/BAUJCfvLfg

Sure as hell seems like a change would come here in 3-4 weeks after reading those quotes ..

4 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

Sure as hell seems like a change would come here in 3-4 weeks after reading those quotes ..

It's not just about dollars, Woodson obviously is an IU bball legend and part of the family and he is coming off 2 NCAA tourney seasons. It doesn't sure as Hell seem like change is coming to me. I'd bet on another season.

It's not just about dollars, Woodson obviously is an IU bball legend and part of the family and he is coming off 2 NCAA tourney seasons. It doesn't sure as Hell seem like change is coming to me. I'd bet on another season.
100% and it's going to be ugly one. Next year will be woodsons legacy.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

100% and it's going to be ugly one. Next year will be woodsons legacy.

At this point I'd like to be surprised and see a change, as I don't see reason to expect anything different next season, but yeah, that would be a surprise.

1 minute ago, JimmerNoe said:

I totally get the frustration of our team being bad and having a coaching dilemma, but just continually spouting variations of the same sentence all day every day must be exhausting. It doesn’t matter what is being discussed you can just bank on “oh yeah we are horrible, Quinn is doing this to us, woody will be back and it’ll be ugly” under each new message lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem like this is going to stop anytime soon. 

If it's true , like I read a prior poster say...that 10% drop in attendance in around 3-4 million for IU basketball.  That to me definitely has to get Dolson thinking about not just... trajectory but also it financially not making sense to keeping on to Woody.  I definitely see a 10% drop next year as there's no "hope".

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The past 3 games, I have found it more mentally comforting to not watch the game, but check the score about every 5 or 10 mins. My Apple watch tends to alert me often when I have a high heart rate. This is most common while watching full games of late.....lol

32 minutes ago, hper50 said:

Quote from Dolson in a new article about Curt Cignetti:

“The decision for us [to fire Allen and hire Cignetti] was really looking at, ‘What’s the trajectory of our program right now and where’s the trajectory of football in the Big Ten?’” Dolson said. “With expansion and all that is happening in terms of football in the Big Ten, it became not ‘What is the cost of making the change?’; it was, ‘What is it going to cost us if we don’t make the change?’”

https://t.co/BAUJCfvLfg

Gold. It can also, for the most part, be applied to IU basketball. I think the Woodson supporters don't understand...we don't have a top recruiting class coming in. Who know who we will lose. Nobody is confident he can land the talent needed in the portal. Next year could be worse than this year. Ex: Michigan. 

Going into next season will probably be the lowest expectations and of us have had in a very long
time. There is zero excitement with this program going into year four

3 hours ago, JF87 said:

I think Dusty would be a great fit.  However, the more I think about May, the more I realize that the administration is not going to push out a former IU player to hire a former IU manager even if he would be a better coach. Call it what you want, internal politics or pride.  The May hiring can only happen if and when Woodson would voluntarily retire imo. 

Quinn loves Woody, but he also wants an IU guy. For them, someone who has a connection to our past and an understanding of RMK is really important. Hence Woody always saying "Bob Knight is Indiana Basketball."  For that reason I actually think it makes May a little more likely. For Dolson, May is the compromise candidate, he is still an IU guy which the old guard/Quinn really values but he's young and trending and there are a ton of jobs open right now so Dolson can say we need to move now to secure our guy for the next 20 years. Plus its easily the most cost effective option. It's harder to go to Quinn and say this isn't working we need to move to get Pearl or anyone else because they will likely be in the same exact spot next year, except probably with a reduced buyout on their and IU's end, so why not give one of your own the benefit of the doubt and let Woody try and turn it around.