Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

12 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Great point! If Woodson loves IU like I suspect, is there a chance his buyout/retirement package is lower? I'm probably being naïve, but he's made millions at IU and has lifechanging money. Will he give an IU discount? Is the buyout even a big deal? Someone mentioned TV money of 100 million.

Or could be money spread out over several years instead of all at once.

1 minute ago, IU_FanClub said:

It is honestly just crazy to me that there is anyone in any sort of position of power that thinks this should carry on. We really think after this year that Woodson can hang on to the good pieces of this roster AND build around them? We really think the 2025 class is going to be lining up to join the party? It's time to rip the bandaid off and if people in charge are purposely turning a blind eye to this just because of relationships then I have no idea what to say

Yep, like others have said, I could see some of the in-state 25s being committed to us already if it weren’t for Woodson being coach. He plays a style they don’t want to be a part of. Get the right guy in here and there should be no reason we lose all hope on missing out on any of them…would probably help. I’m sure they’re well aware, especially now, that Woodson return is in limbo and are probably in wait and see mode.  If announced that he’ll for sure be back, then we’ll prob see them pop for a different school. I think Sisley wants to be here big time but is afraid to play in the system we’re playing now. Get a new exciting coach in here, keep Liam on the train, get some of the 25s to climb aboard, and start rolling. 

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

You don't have to understand my opinion. It's a fan board -- I'm allowed to have one. 

I don't think people understand SEPs*.  I'll watch IU games for the rest of the  year and hope they win.  Just my nature.  Doesn't mean I don't want a change at the top.  SEPs, by their nature, I'm not going to worry about.  The board of trustees has to make a decision and how I root from my couch has no bearing on that.

* -- Somebody Else's Problem

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think that is where the standstill is. Woodson and Buckner have a couple of these big donors with blank checks on their side. So Dolson either needs to flip one which I think is tough, or find another one. Then you have to weigh the consequences of making a couple of your biggest donors upset. 

I would have to think that a donor on the side of Woodson and Buckner would be....let's say....in the early bird dinner crowd.  Going to have to seek donors who still chew food with their own teeth in order to counteract them.

37 minutes ago, iu-dl said:

I'd take you over Woodson, Chris.

And this is a big problem for Woodson and Buckner...the majority sans a small fraction of the fan base/alum, is over the Woodson experiment. One could argue that there's greater unity for change than previous regimes.

I wonder how much losing out moves the needle. 0-5 to end this season.. I think that would be 13/15 with the two wins coming in the final seconds. 

Maybe I missed this being discussed, but let’s say they know 100% for sure they are going to move on from Woodson. Will they let him know before the season ends and discuss a plan on how they can make it be announced, or will they not let him know until the season is finished? 

Maybe I missed this being discussed, but let’s say they know 100% for sure they are going to move on from Woodson. Will they let him know before the season ends and discuss a plan on how they can make it be announced, or will they not let him know until the season is finished? 

In a perfect world, or at least in my head, Dolson would pass along the info to Woody that he won’t be returning next year. Then in return, Woody would be able to announce his “retirement” at the Michigan State game. He saves face by “retiring” and not fired per se, and we would be able to get a new coach. Seems like the only win-win I can imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think that is where the standstill is. Woodson and Buckner have a couple of these big donors with blank checks on their side. So Dolson either needs to flip one which I think is tough, or find another one. Then you have to weigh the consequences of making a couple of your biggest donors upset. 

But would winning with a new coach cure that problem?

I am new to the board. Would anyone be able to explain how you reply to a specific post?

bd3c9a70f5342ddb19ab7c6ad28ba919.jpg
Click this here quote button circled in red and then reply on the next screen.

Welcome to this crazy place lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, IU22 said:

But would winning with a new coach cure that problem?

I would hope so but who knows when people get their feelings hurt. All of this is above my pay grade :-)

So, I really don’t understand this opinion that I see people have, assuming you want Woodson fired, especially at this point in the season where tournament aspirations are gone. Losing is the only way that Mike Woodson can lose his job. Every win increases the likelihood he’s back next year because the BOT and donors already want to keep him. 
At this point any win helps woodson. Remember quinn and Woodson think this year is a fluke and are desperate to keep him.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Like I said yesterday why do we even need an AD? It's clear quinn is 100% running the show. Dolson is sadly not even needed.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Woodson's quotes just now in his presser were absolutely pathetic. This one especially:

“It would have been nice to have Xavier Johnson. … Every year I’ve coached, when things don’t go well, I point the finger at me.”

Woodson says he doesn’t blame the players and adds, “but I don’t miss wide open shots. I don’t miss free throws.”

22 minutes ago, Jwalk83 said:

I am new to the board. Would anyone be able to explain how you reply to a specific post?

Hit the quote button for the post you want to reply to.  A new dialog box will open with the quoted post at the top and you type your reply in the bottom section.  That's a freebie.  Next tip will cost you!