Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

34 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

In a sick sort of way, I'd like Woodson to get his 4th year just to see what he comes up with, no matter how bad it gets. The problem with that thinking is ... four more B1G teams next year and that would put them near 17th or 18th in the conference. I think I'm joking about this ...or am I?

Your masochism is showing...

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

How do you create a poll? I ask because I’m dying to poll the question:

“What is the grossest, most soul-sucking thread in BTB history?”

The nominees:

A) Fire Coach Woodson 

B) There is no B

B) the thread when Woodson was hired

4 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

I haven't read through all this thread recently so I'm not sure where the rumors are coming from.  I'm being told there could be a small shakeup with the coaching staff, but Woodson isn't going anywhere after this season unless he decides to step down which would be a surprise.  His plan was always 4-5 years and then retirement and his buyout makes it unlikely he is removed as coach after this season.

Maybe he sees the writing on the wall and decides to step down early but he is pretty oblivious to just how much people want him out at this time.

I say this is more likely.  I can see Dolson and company will keep Woodson but they will make changes to the coaching staff.  They will try to get a more X’s/O’s and skills coach as well as possibly getting a coach that is a good recruiter for shooters, if there is such a thing

4 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I say this is more likely.  I can see Dolson and company will keep Woodson but they will make changes to the coaching staff.  They will try to get a more X’s/O’s and skills coach as well as possibly getting a coach that is a good recruiter for shooters, if there is such a thing

If that is what needs to happen to prop up this bum then just cut the f’ng losses. 

18 hours ago, cleeter said:

Let me get back to the “Fire Woodson” category….

Trilly dropped another positive note for us. I shall leave it at that.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I don't follow him like some do, so a question - 

How much has he actually gotten right, at least in recent years, where IU is concerned?

2 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

That might be a reasonable plan for any other coach besides Woodson. He managed to ignore and/or remove the helps that Dolson gave him at the start (Fife and Matta) ... and refuses to change his style and approach ... I can see him continuing to be stubborn and ignoring any assistants/assistance provided, because, well, he's Mike Woodson - the smartest man in the room... and we all know the only real issue is "the hump".

Seriously, I don't see that approach ending well for him or us.

Not sure if changes to the staff means much of anything. Woodson would have to be willing to change his whole philosophy and system and I don't see that happening. That would mean he would have to admit what he is doing does not work.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Yes, maybe we could get a former successful head coach to come in and mentor him and a long time assistant to sit with him on the bench........oh wait....we already did this. And how long did that last?

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

That might be a reasonable plan for any other coach besides Woodson. He managed to ignore and/or remove the helps that Dolson gave him at the start (Fife and Matta) ... and refuses to change his style and approach ... I can see him continuing to be stubborn and ignoring any assistants/assistance provided, because, well, he's Mike Woodson - the smartest man in the room... and we all know the only real issue is "the hump".

Seriously, I don't see that approach ending well for him or us.

Won’t be watching next year and quit this year.  Worst school ever.  

5 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

That's a fart in a stiff wind but you're probably right. 

Lets just fire people Woody doesn't listen to anyway, replace them with more people he won't listen to just to please people. 

We are a joke. 

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Heck no there is no agreement with another coach right now. Who said there was? That is crazy.

Post I replied to

There is zero reason for Woodson to get his 4th year if there is a verbal agreement with another coach

Just now, Scotty R said:

Post I replied to

There is zero reason for Woodson to get his 4th year if there is a verbal agreement with another coach

Well, I don't think there is a verbal agreement with any coach. Do I think IU has asked agents if this job opened up would your client be interested? If they say yes then maybe something like what kind of money are they looking for. But I don't think anything has gone further than that. But I don't know any of the for sure. JMO

9 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

And Woody won't listen to them so just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

But if we have already heard that he doesn't listen to his current assistants, then why do we think he would listen to some new guys? I know he is going to try to bring in Kenny Payne as an assistant. There has also been talk of a GM for next year. Let's just save all that money and walk away. No reason to do all that one year 
Kenny Payne
Armond Hill
Randy Wittman
A collection of bad coaches. Why not bring in kent benson while we are at it.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk