Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

The thing is that there are probably no agreement with another coach. It was probably just a rumor that isn't true.

Our fan base has to be the most gullible fan base our there

We take every word as gospel from people that probably don't really know that much. Why take Trilly word as being correct. These people know our fan base and are playing us as fools and want click baits.

If I were to guess I say the chances of Woodson being our coach next year is 98%

Jesus Scott, Trilly not once ever said IU had an agreement with Bruce Pearl. He simply relayed that his sources have said representatives from IU have reached out to Pearl's camp to gauge potential interest. If you took that to mean a deal was in place....that's on you.

59 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I say this is more likely.  I can see Dolson and company will keep Woodson but they will make changes to the coaching staff.  They will try to get a more X’s/O’s and skills coach as well as possibly getting a coach that is a good recruiter for shooters, if there is such a thing

That's not going to work out too well.  If Woodson himself was on a 4-5 year time line to retirement when he took the job, then by definition he only has 1-2 years left.  Who's going to take an assistant job, uproot his family, only be be back on the market in 2 years or less.  Add in the fact that he'll be on the hot seat next year, me thinks the applicant pool will be quite thin.  

57 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But if we have already heard that he doesn't listen to his current assistants, then why do we think he would listen to some new guys? I know he is going to try to bring in Kenny Payne as an assistant. There has also been talk of a GM for next year. Let's just save all that money and walk away. No reason to do all that one year 

Will the "GM" tell him to get his a$$ out on the recruiting trail?  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

Will the "GM" tell him to get his a$$ out on the recruiting trail?  

I sure hope so. Someone needs to. Dolson should have had that conversation this morning

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Jonas Brothers GIF by NBC

4 hours ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Did he just say bye without ever answering the question of his level of play?? I'm on page 329 right now because I slept last night.  I'm going to be shocked if I don't see another post from NGW before I get to page 343.  

I'm finally at pg. 344 and NGW hasn't posted yet.  So you all know how Chris007 said he can only remember 1 time that he was wrong.  Well now it's 2 LOL.

52 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I agree with it too but not for Woodson. It's a waste of money. But for the next coach 100%

The GM shouldn’t come and go with the HC. He should solely focused on basketball and cover multiple coaches if necessary. Just like the NBA. With NIL this is now professional basketball as well. 

That's not going to work out too well.  If Woodson himself was on a 4-5 year time line to retirement when he took the job, then by definition he only has 1-2 years left.  Who's going to take an assistant job, uproot his family, only be be back on the market in 2 years or less.  Add in the fact that he'll be on the hot seat next year, me thinks the applicant pool will be quite thin.  
Correct no high level assistants are going to come here next year. Bringing him back is the definition of insanity but so was hiring him in the first place.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Anyone throwing out numbers like ‘98% he will be back’, please show your math.  What was your numerator and denominator?

Answer must be provided in essay form and spelling and grammar will be graded.

3 hours ago, hper50 said:

https://x.com/thefieldof68/status/1763245132290154673?s=46

Take anything and everything with a grain of salt, but especially The Field of 68. Wonder if this is true 

First tweet (are they still called tweets?) I read below from an Auburn fan.  If we don't move on from Woody to a new coach he is right.  I really don't see how Woody can field a competitive team next year.  Like many of us has said multiple times if he had a big class coming in, or there wasn't going to be a mass exodus of our best players, or we had confidence that Woody could get the missing pieces in the portal basically HOPE for next year then the higher ups are BOZOS.  

image.png.88e19681febb28bef0d01235216b6525.png