Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

11 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

The plan is always for your current HC to come back… until it’s not.

A) Great to see you around these parts again.

B) Spot on. People always get up in arms when they see coaches going about their business when their job is in jeopardy, but the job is theirs until it isn't.

1. I don't have any information, nor am I 100% on either side of this debate. Not sure I want CMW back, not sure I don't.

2. It may well be that he knows already that he's gone. Why would he be out recruiting for another coach? That coach is going to want guys who fit into his culture and style of play.

3. It may well be that he knows he only has one more year to turn this around, and feels he can't worry about developing guys that won't help him get it done next year. Consequently, his focus is solely on the portal.

4. Regardless of what happens, I see no reason for the constant belittling and denigration of him. This board, this fanbase can want him gone without having to mock and disparage. Regardless of what he says or does or doesn't say or doesn't do, either we watch things unfold with class, or we don't. Totally up to each individual how they want to act during this period of unknown. This doesn't have to turn the board into a poopshow.

44 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Jesus Scott, Trilly not once ever said IU had an agreement with Bruce Pearl. He simply relayed that his sources have said representatives from IU have reached out to Pearl's camp to gauge potential interest. If you took that to mean a deal was in place....that's on you.

Again never said he did. I was responding to a post about an agreement had been made and told that poster that wasn't correct 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

But if we have already heard that he doesn't listen to his current assistants, then why do we think he would listen to some new guys? I know he is going to try to bring in Kenny Payne as an assistant. There has also been talk of a GM for next year. Let's just save all that money and walk away. No reason to do all that one year 

GM, eh? Ya see, Scotty's just taking a page out of the ol' Stevens family playbook. He's floating this GM role for next season. Maybe even call it a Program Ambassador? Somebody who just gets to hang out and be there but doesn't really have to do anything but smile and shake hands. Who'd be a great fit? Mike Woodson! No firing, no retirement, just a coach sliding into an "executive" (said with a nice little pat on the head) role while we bring in Young Brucie to take things forward. It's perfect.

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Again never said he did. I was responding to a post about an agreement had been made and told that poster that wasn't correct 

The poster you responded too made ZERO mention of Trilly and you went out of your way to try and discredit him calling this fan base gullible. 

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

GM, eh? Ya see, Scotty's just taking a page out of the ol' Stevens family playbook. He's floating this GM role for next season. Maybe even call it a Program Ambassador? Somebody who just gets to hang out and be there but doesn't really have to do anything but smile and shake hands. Who'd be a great fit? Mike Woodson! No firing, no retirement, just a coach sliding into an "executive" (said with a nice little pat on the head) role while we bring in Young Brucie to take things forward. It's perfect.

See here at Indiana this is how we do things. We have a coach that doesn't know what he's doing but instead of firing him, we're going to hire a GM to run things for him. If that doesn't work then we will fire both next year. Brillant

21 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

First tweet (are they still called tweets?) I read below from an Auburn fan.  If we don't move on from Woody to a new coach he is right.  I really don't see how Woody can field a competitive team next year.  Like many of us has said multiple times if he had a big class coming in, or there wasn't going to be a mass exodus of our best players, or we had confidence that Woody could get the missing pieces in the portal basically HOPE for next year then the higher ups are BOZOS.  

image.png.88e19681febb28bef0d01235216b6525.png

I take it you are new to twitter.  Guy describes himself as a part time troll and has one like on a tweet two hours old.  He's an Auburn fan, nothing more, nothing less.

52 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Trilly sources are saying it’s one man and one man only right now. Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce wouldn't be my first choice because of his past violations.  However, those were a few years ago and I'm all for 2nd chances (or 4th or 5th).  At this point, if Bruce is the only other possibility, then sign me up. 

15 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

2 hours ago, IUHoosier5 said:

There is zero reason for Woodson to get his 4th year if there is a verbal agreement with another coach. Zero. The cons of his 4th year absolutely outweigh any positives. If this is the state of IUBB for next year, I will not make a point to watch the games after the inevitable three game stretch where the same issues from the past three years appear. He is who he is, and he’s not getting the job done. Supporting the program with my time and energy with CMW at the helm is pointless to me. Mediocrity gets old. 

^^^^ is the message you responded to, Scott. How do you not understand IF???

33 minutes ago, Feathery said:

The GM shouldn’t come and go with the HC. He should solely focused on basketball and cover multiple coaches if necessary. Just like the NBA. With NIL this is now professional basketball as well. 

I basically said that 100 pages ago.  Need to run the athletic programs more like pro teams.  Need scouting staffs for both high school kids and potential portal players.  Need to have a data base that is kept up to date all year -- so when the time comes, you can pull up a kid's evaluation and work from there.  Also need a development staff -- getting these guys to work on the things they need to work on to improve.  Leave the coach to game planning, selling recruits, and coaching stuff.  

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

And almost everyone advocating for bringing him admits that he would most likely be fired after next season regardless.  So bring him back for one more year just so you don't have to fire him now.  It's like giving some guy on death row who has a failing liver a transplant just to keep him alive a few months so he can make it to his execution date.  Insanity.

^this

If we were rockin and rollin then sure, coast into his last couple years of coaching knowing that's it...but things are not going well....cut the cord. 

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Lighten up folks.  He will be the guy until he's not the guy.  Dolson seems to run a pretty tight ship.  I wouldn't expect any leaks and I doubt anyone here can really say for sure what the plan is.

Replace folks with Francis and I would of like your post LOL

image.jpeg.4ac9020a3b4a90158361678a5b54b8af.jpeg