Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Wondering the same!

I pay for peegs and Trilly and come here. I would say I love the people here and in Trilly discord. Able to have good productive conversations with 99% of them and they are funny and good people at both places. Peegs anymore seems like a place to go if you’re totally depressed and want to join people in the pit of hell with you. And if you don’t agree with or follow their narrative, don’t you dare post anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Welcome!

Is the Trilly discord worth the $5/month? I feel like all the news I want makes its way over here eventually anyway...

I honestly think it really is. Technically $6 it’s $5.99. I have had a lot of fun on there and the information is like 99.9% accurate. It’s fun because you get a lot of different fans in there, so we had an Auburn fan in the IU thread the other day and was cool discussion about the Pearl rumors from an Auburn perspective. It’s organized and separated so you don’t have to deal with Junk if you don’t want to. 

I will say IU fans have like taken it over though no surprise! Lol

Just now, HoosierKix said:

I honestly think it really is. Technically $6 it’s $5.99. I have had a lot of fun on there and the information is like 99.9% accurate. It’s fun because you get a lot of different fans in there, so we had an Auburn fan in the IU thread the other day and was cool discussion about the Pearl rumors from an Auburn perspective. It’s organized and separated so you don’t have to deal with Junk if you don’t want to. 

Dumb Q, but is it through the Discord app or launchpass.com in Trilly’s bio? Can you cancel anytime? Sorry for hijacking the thread - I would DM but sounds like a few of us are interested 

I second everything stated above.

2 minutes ago, cleeter said:

I pay for peegs and Trilly and come here. I would say I love the people here and in Trilly discord. Able to have good productive conversations with 99% of them and they are funny and good people at both places. Peegs anymore seems like a place to go if you’re totally depressed and want to join people in the pit of hell with you. And if you don’t agree with or follow their narrative, don’t you dare post anything.

This is probably the best way to put it. I like Peegs and Trilly a lot. Trilly is a lot more enjoyable than Peegs though. Peegs has gotten a little much lately. I’ve always respected the conversations I’ve seen here which is why I joined. I will say Trilly doesn’t really care if people spreads the info as long as you put his link with it is his rules so I’m sure even if you don’t join you will get the info

Dumb Q, but is it through the Discord app or launchpass.com in Trilly’s bio? Can you cancel anytime? Sorry for hijacking the thread - I would DM but sounds like a few of us are interested 

I think you go through launch pass. Then when you sign up and pay, they will send you an email with the link to the discord.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hper50 said:

Through discord, launchpass is just how I think he gets paid by it but the whole thing is on Discord. Yes, can cancel anytime no commitment or anything. 

Cleeter is correct once you pay on launchpass it like directs you to a discord link and then you join. There are two main Indiana pages and then other like recruiting pages.

Edited by HoosierKix

Back to coaching stuff, sorry for distracting thread.

The thing that confuses with the coach situation is that multiple people (Rabjohns, Trilly, etc.) have said Pearl would be interested in the IU job. So it shouldn’t be a conversation, just go get the guy because it creates a better winning environment and he is a coach that would win a lot at IU

16 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

This is probably the best way to put it. I like Peegs and Trilly a lot. Trilly is a lot more enjoyable than Peegs though. Peegs has gotten a little much lately. I’ve always respected the conversations I’ve seen here which is why I joined. I will say Trilly doesn’t really care if people spreads the info as long as you put his link with it is his rules so I’m sure even if you don’t join you will get the info

Peegs is hard to follow with all the new threads constantly popping up and when you add that to the fact that the insiders are either stingy or cryptic with info it gets to be a frustrating read

Here is my version of the Woodson hire and what exactly went wrong. When we first heard of the possible hire me and alot thought it was crazy because he had zero college experience. They through Matta as advisor and fife on staff and we were thinking this may work. Juan howard at the time looked good at michigan. We started to believe Woodson could be that guy who could be cool and get superstars. We retained the superstars we had and we were rolling. We then got some more stars the next season to go along with tjd. Things looked bright. Exit Matta and fife. Nothing to majorly significant happened bad till we started big ten and lost a few. I thought we were terrible but Woodson did turn it around enough where he definitely deserved year 3 but his overall performance wasn't great. This season he reloaded with some decent inside talent but failed to put any shooting or decent guard play on the roster. His demise come down to sticking with x who hurt his ability to recruit a good guard but most damaging is the obvious lack of coaching skills by him and his staff. Bottom line. My belief is a decent coach and staff could have made the tournament and been competitive. Reasons we are not is poor coaching by the entire staff. Not just Woodson but a entire failure by all. My opinion

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

If Woodson retires or is fired this year I will be proud of him for his playing days and giving effort to rebuild this program just didn't work out. If he stays and we get embarrassed next year then I will definitely think less of him. I think people like the thought of Woodson being coached by knight. We should all remember pat knight interview where he was shocked to get on knight staff and peak behind the curtain of how his dad coached! He had no idea till he got behind the curtain. Playing for knight and coaching with him are two totally different things. When Woodson was hire Don asked what he learned from knight and what he would use. He said not much of his style but just being prepared. We'll Woodson failed to prepare on a number of occasions. My opinion.
Fire this guy please

One more thought. Hopefully the administration has learned as have all hoosier fans you can't just inject any flash in the pan Hopefull into the coaching position and expect great results. The true bluebloods hire winner's. Coaching at this level pays alot but sure as he'll isn't easy. You either have or you don't and how long you have it isn't guaranteed. It's just like everything in life! Quit paying chumps millions to do ****! Pay several million to a qualified winner who can get the job done. Sampson had it. Find that guy again and let's go!

1 hour ago, HoosierKix said:

Hey guys, long time reader. First time poster. Use to read all the time but got away from it, but thought the misery we are in as IU fans, what better time then now to start.

it truly seems like there is just too much smoke around the situation for Woody not to be let go. I am on Trilly’s discord and I took his post as Dolson laying out to Woody the situation and figuring out the best way to let Woody go, but maybe I am being too optimistic that that is what happened. 

It sounds like the classic HR putting an employee on a PIP. Rarely does the PIP work to the advantage of the employee. 

2 hours ago, cleeter said:

He just said that Dolson and Woody had a meeting today. Nothing will be decided before end of the season but the next few weeks will most certainly play a factor.

While Woody could be back, that sounds to me like laying out a scenario where if they feel they can get their guy to replace him, they will.

That said, unless Woody or Dolson are leaking information about a meeting they just had, sounds like we are just getting an interpretation from an someone outside the actual conversation that was said. 

9 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

It sounds like the classic HR putting an employee on a PIP. Rarely does the PIP work to the advantage of the employee. 

More like the Peter Principle... Woodson has risen to his level of icompetence.

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

More like the Peter Principle... Woodson has risen to his level of icompetence.

More like promoted to the level of incompetence vs risen. “Risen” would imply it was earned and that’s not the case here IMO

Rabby said “It’s not about record in the final few games, and in this specific instance, regularly scheduled meetings may be getting overblown”

Regularly scheduled meetings? What are the chances this meeting was scheduled the day after not driving under a hour and half to recruit and right after a BoT meeting. Second question, anyone with knowledge, would an AD and head coach have regular scheduled meetings?

2 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Rabby said “It’s not about record in the final few games, and in this specific instance, regularly scheduled meetings may be getting overblown”

Regularly scheduled meetings? What are the chances this meeting was scheduled the day after not driving under a hour and half to recruit and right after a BoT meeting. Second question, anyone with knowledge, would an AD and head coach have regular scheduled meetings?

Just based on my experience and discussions with colleagues, coaches do meet with ADs. The frequency, topics, tone, etc. all very just like they would with any employee/supervisor relationship, though admittedly the dynamic changes based on success, tenure, etc.