Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

34 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Say they did pull an amazing portal haul and somehow coached the team to where they were a final four contender. You would have zero 2025 recruits and then hope to have to do it all over again the year after. Playing the portal is good to add a missing piece or depth. Not good for full roster construction as we can probably all agree with. But Woody apparently knows better than us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2025 would depend how many from the portal had more than 1 year of eligibility.

Say they did pull an amazing portal haul and somehow coached the team to where they were a final four contender. You would have zero 2025 recruits and then hope to have to do it all over again the year after. Playing the portal is good to add a missing piece or depth. Not good for full roster construction as we can probably all agree with. But Woody apparently knows better than us.

The smartest man in the room!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Did Trilly really say that Woody's fate will be decided by how these next few games play out...?

This was relayed on Peegs so I do not know the exact quote or context from Trilly.

Edit:  Looks like Trilly stated these last few weeks (not games) will play a factor in the decision, but not be the deciding factor. 

Did Trilly really say that Woody's fate will be decided by how these next few games play out...?
This was relayed on Peegs so I do not know the exact quote or context from Trilly.
Edit:  Looks like Trilly stated these last few weeks (not games) will play a factor in the decision, but not be the deciding factor. 

He just said that Dolson and Woody had a meeting today. Nothing will be decided before end of the season but the next few weeks will most certainly play a factor.

1 hour ago, Tom White said:

I think it was maybe last week Chris said he understood Dolson had a plan, and his understanding was it was a good plan. It appears something may have changed? Or the plan was to run it back with some changes around the edges? Perhaps timing is the problem? I don't know. Guess we will just have to stay tuned and find out.

Maybe it changed when he got the raise and extension!

6 minutes ago, cleeter said:

He just said that Dolson and Woody had a meeting today. Nothing will be decided before end of the season but the next few weeks will most certainly play a factor.

I read that as it depends on if Dolson can get Brucie locked up over these next few weeks  :)

I read that as it depends on if Dolson can get Brucie locked up over these next few weeks  :)

I took it as, he’s got about 2 weeks to talk the money into firing Woodson. Because whether we win 1, 2 or 3 games, it shouldn’t matter one bit. But to the money and woody friends, it clearly does.

I took it as, he’s got about 2 weeks to talk the money into firing Woodson. Because whether we win 1, 2 or 3 games, it shouldn’t matter one bit. But to the money and woody friends, it clearly does.

Imagine keeping him because he wins two of the last three.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Hey guys, long time reader. First time poster. Use to read all the time but got away from it, but thought the misery we are in as IU fans, what better time then now to start.

it truly seems like there is just too much smoke around the situation for Woody not to be let go. I am on Trilly’s discord and I took his post as Dolson laying out to Woody the situation and figuring out the best way to let Woody go, but maybe I am being too optimistic that that is what happened. 

Glad to have you, thanks for the post!

5 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

That's not going to work out too well.  If Woodson himself was on a 4-5 year time line to retirement when he took the job, then by definition he only has 1-2 years left.  Who's going to take an assistant job, uproot his family, only be be back on the market in 2 years or less.  Add in the fact that he'll be on the hot seat next year, me thinks the applicant pool will be quite thin.  

Perhaps!  But the consensus is that even if they do this again, he’s not going to listen to them and things won’t change and will only get worse.  He’s the smartest man in the room, he tells himself this every night before he goes to sleep thinking about X.

16 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Hey guys, long time reader. First time poster. Use to read all the time but got away from it, but thought the misery we are in as IU fans, what better time then now to start.

it truly seems like there is just too much smoke around the situation for Woody not to be let go. I am on Trilly’s discord and I took his post as Dolson laying out to Woody the situation and figuring out the best way to let Woody go, but maybe I am being too optimistic that that is what happened. 

Welcome!

Is the Trilly discord worth the $5/month? I feel like all the news I want makes its way over here eventually anyway...

17 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Welcome!

Is the Trilly discord worth the $5/month? I feel like all the news I want makes its way over here eventually anyway...

I feel like it’ll be worth it once the season is over. Coaching news and transfer portal tidbits. At least that’s what I’m waiting for 

38 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

If so…then it’ll be curious to see whether there’s any shift in Woody’s public comments, maybe small signals. 
He’s a week removed from saying “I’m not going anywhere”