Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

2 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Is there any possibility (and I hate to even mention it with today’s world) that a large reason he could be brought back for a 4th year is because he is a program legend (who is also African American) to save face for potentional fall-out with legends of the past and Woodson claiming he didn’t get a fair shake after just 3 years? 

He'll have no one to blame but himself. He talked a big game when he was hired and the highlights of his tenure have been barely making a tournament, finishing second in the conference and getting a recruit who backed out of Duke. 

9 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Is there any possibility (and I hate to even mention it with today’s world) that a large reason he could be brought back for a 4th year is because he is a program legend (who is also African American) to save face for potentional fall-out with legends of the past and Woodson claiming he didn’t get a fair shake after just 3 years? 

Yes, that is 100% possible. 

52 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This part of your post is just simply false. When you have a very old coach having a bad season there is always a significant chance of not coming back.

What you're seeing there is when a previous sunshine pumper goes full dark. He said it's his guess so he's feeling very pessimistic. I think Scotty needs a hug.

9 minutes ago, SamIam said:

Has Trilly said anything about Dusty being reached out to?

Ohio St. has reached out to May according to some sources.

12 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

Is the Kenny Payne thing real? I feel like I've seen people bring it up here and there over the season  but thought it was a joke.

Kenny Payne was very helpful during a pre-NIL landscape. His skill set isn’t nearly as valuable these days. 

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But if we have already heard that he doesn't listen to his current assistants, then why do we think he would listen to some new guys? I know he is going to try to bring in Kenny Payne as an assistant. There has also been talk of a GM for next year. Let's just save all that money and walk away. No reason to do all that one year 

If true this is incredibly disheartening. So assistant coaches, that he doesn't even listen to are the problem? Does the IU admin think we're that dumb? Firing coaches he doesn't listen to to be replaced with coaches he won't listen to and a GM he won't listen to - THAT'S our solution?

Does Quinn really have this much power over there? 

What Woodson should be doing - our offense and defense stink, I need to bring in an X's and O's/analytics guru.

What he's actually going to do - bring in some more of his buddies who have no idea how to coach modern basketball.

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But if we have already heard that he doesn't listen to his current assistants, then why do we think he would listen to some new guys? I know he is going to try to bring in Kenny Payne as an assistant. There has also been talk of a GM for next year. Let's just save all that money and walk away. No reason to do all that one year 

Actually I agree with the need for a GM. Regardless of who the HC is, the GM should be a position within the program. Michigan just hired one for football.

That role can use analytics to really focus in recruiting and roster building. This should free up the coach to do more of the heavy lifting with donors for NIL. It’s why Ryan Day has taken a more vocal role with NIL for OSU football. He has transitioned to a more CEO role, bc the NIL era has changed the game. IU is such a program for basketball that this structure is needed. 

6 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

YAY!!! More useless friends of Woodson on the bench...

He might as well bring in his ole pal Carmelo Anthony. At least recruits might think it's cool but then again, recruits may not even know who Carmelo is. They're that young. 

3 minutes ago, Go_Hoosiers said:

What Woodson should be doing - our offense and defense stink, I need to bring in an X's and O's/analytics guru.

What he's actually going to do - bring in some more of his buddies who have no idea how to coach modern basketball.

Maybe he thinks Kenny Payne has some playing eligibility left. 

Just now, Feathery said:

Actually I agree with the need for a GM. Regardless of who the HC is, the GM should be a position within the program. Michigan just hired one for football.

That role can use analytics to really focus in recruiting and roster building. This should free up the coach to do more of the heavy lifting with donors for NIL. It’s why Ryan Day has taken a more vocal role with NIL for OSU football. He has transitioned to a more CEO role, bc the NIL era has changed the game. IU is such a program for basketball that this structure is needed. 

I agree with it too but not for Woodson. It's a waste of money. But for the next coach 100%

43 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Not trying to be a jerk, but I don't follow him like some do, so a question - 

How much has he actually gotten right, at least in recent years, where IU is concerned?

Trilly is a burner account for someone or a group of college basketball insiders or ex coaches that started posting last year during the portal.  That account has become the biggest insider in college basketball.   He gets a ton right.  Since he is a burner he doesn’t have sources to burn so he can say more than the average reporter or insider.   Now he or they have a premium discord where people will pay for the information