Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

2 minutes ago, BayernFan said:

NBA coaches are a dime a dozen.  He hasn’t lit the NBA on fire.  The DePauw guy had a good two year run in a weak conference.  Is that worth 8 mil a year?  Cali numbers?  Cmon. 

what, exactly, makes him a Super Coach?  

Need to step up your troll game. Nba coaches are a dime a dozen? Only 32 active NBA head coaches in the world. That’s not a dime a dozen. Lol. I expect more with your next post. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

:120:

So no answer?  I think this guy has done wonders with his image of being a Super Coach.  He’s ok, but not Back up the Brinks truck ok.  

If IU hires him, he’ll prolly be fired in 5 years too. 

Just now, ap2345 said:

Yes

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I believe he's on Maine Red Claws rehabbing currently. 

Thats what I was thinking I saw last. But I hadnt looked or paid any attention to that recently.

5 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Let me throw this hypothetical at you guys.  The "Private team meeting" is happening at 3:00 and Romeo is the player that is spreading info, or he is spreading it to some of his former teammates.  I am not saying that I trust that Brianna got good info, but that would put some of the pieces together, including Dolson's denial that INDIANA would be announcing anything.

Meeting could just be to try and regroup and perform better.

5 minutes ago, BayernFan said:

NBA coaches are a dime a dozen.  He hasn’t lit the NBA on fire.  The DePauw guy had a good two year run in a weak conference.  Is that worth 8 mil a year?  Cali numbers?  Cmon. 

what, exactly, makes him a Super Coach?  

Hey, Purdue Pete, look at you.  Your team plays in tourney today, but you still want to be here.  So Purdue.  

27 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

After Ainge says "I think he's going to be the Celtics coach for a long time (direct quote)", one of the interviewers goes "those hicks always want to go back, the hicks always want to leave" 

Did he really say 'hicks'? Wow, Brad Stevens should be offended. 

28 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I can envision a scenario where we dont land Stevens (despite best efforts) and we end up better off for it. Expectations are unrealistic.

I don't know it could be just me, but I don't think IU fans in general would ask anything unrealistic to Stevens. It's takes time for a new coach to recruit his players and implement his system. And Stevens wouldn't come here if he doesn't have aspirations to win national championships. 

I don’t think the timing changes things whether the announcement is today, tomorrow or next week. If the offer is real and there’s a mutual interest, how could Stevens possibly turn it down? It’s a MASSIVE pay raise, comes “home”, happy wife. Or…stay in Boston with what he has, leave 8 figures on the table while at risk of losing his job when the season is over? Prove me wrong.