Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I always liked him but lost track of him over time.  I wonder if he is the best candidate for the Duke opening if they decide they have to keep it in the family now that Bilas thinks that is the best route and since Brad is unavailable.

I imagine that, given that he never interviews anywhere, Duke has a handshake agreement with John Scheyer. If that guy wanted a P5 job, he’d have one.

26 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I get people not wanting Beilein. There are a lot of concerns -- I'd have many myself.

But those who are absolutely against Beilein -- that's how I feel about Scott Drew. Not that I have any say in it (well, none of us do for that matter), but I just cannot get on board with a Scott Drew hire. He's actually from very close to where I grew up, but I just don't care for the guy. Just seems sorta sleazy.

I would not be thrilled with a Drew hire, but I'd still follow the team and still be passionate about IU hoops. But I'd also be praying like crazy that he doesn't land us in hot water with the NCAA -- because as we all know, our compliance team will go after our coaches harder than the NCAA ever will! 

I'm with you on Drew and he's not sorta sleazy, he's alotta sleazy. I really like Beilein as a coach. I do wonder how his age would affect his recruiting.

11 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

I'm a huge Celtics fan and want this to happen!!  Bird was my hero growing up as a teenager in the late 80's, back when IU was also the kings of college basketball!!!! 

Let's get back to those glory days when Kirkwood Street is vibing!

Man I remember that day in 1987 like it was yesterday. I was a Freshman at IU and watching the IU/Syracuse N.C. Game with my girlfriend at Wright Quad down in the lounge....Keith Smart hit that shot and it was instant pandemonium!!! 1st stop Showalter Fountain then onto Kirkwood. Wow, that was some night! I would do it all again at age 53!!!

21 minutes ago, Demo said:

Slight aside: Quin Snyder, unbelievable what that guy’s done with his career. Flamed out at Mizzou in a spectacular way. Had the drug problems. Rebuilt his reputation from freakin’ scratch and now he’s absolutely a Guy. That’s a reclamation story right there.

As someone who's grown more follicly challenged over the years -- and even when I wasn't -- I've always been extremely jealous of that dude. He has some serious lettuce ... 
dm_140606_nba_quin_snyder.jpg.b29ddbf948cc3bc33af640ab23cf73c2.jpg