Jump to content

Hoosierfan2017

Senior Member
  • Posts

    10,467
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Everything posted by Hoosierfan2017

  1. Feasting on bad P4 schools is Notre Dame’s bread and butter. Give IU that resume and no one is calling it an impressive resume. The pollsters just do whatever they want and it’s thinly tethered to reality at best. Mississippi State gets throttled at home by 33 and drops 1 spot. Iowa loses by 17 at home to a higher ranked team than Alabama and drops 6 spots. Northwestern and Nebraska would both be ranked if they were SEC teams. So would Duke. Pittsburgh would be much higher than 25 if it was a SEC team. The pollsters control the “that team hasn’t played anyone” narrative by jamming the preseason rankings with SEC teams and then barely dropping them when they lose because “the SEC is such a gauntlet.”
  2. The rankings are the biggest crock of BS in sports. Any other school with IU’s resume dating back to last season would be #1. If you want to say last year’s rankings shouldn’t play a part, fine. The hell has notre dame done to be #3 then? Mediocre wins over North Carolina and MSU? We’ll simply never get any love in the polls. Not as long as our jerseys say Indiana across the front. Indiana vs. Everyone.
  3. Bryce Underwood would’ve been a legend in the pre-forward pass CFB world.
  4. 12 is perfect, imo. 16 makes sense if you want to make sure no deserving teams get left out. Miami almost got left out last year and then made the title game, Notre Dame arguably should’ve been in too *gags*. That wouldn’t really be a risk in a 16 team playoff. But I like that there’s still some exclusivity. The regular season still matters in a 12 team playoff. Play two games and you’re sweating a bit during the playoff reveal. The only way I’d want something like a 24 team playoff is if it means we’d get marquee OOC matchups again.
  5. I didn’t even see that, wow lol. All UK has is the A&M win but turns out A&M stinks.
  6. lol Missouri is still ranked solely for Florida to pick up a “ranked win” after beating them this Saturday. Really couldn’t get more transparent.
  7. I just never walk away impressed with Arch Manning. He’s a legit P4 quarterback for sure, but there’s no way he’s a first round pick without the last name.
  8. Other than that, Ms. Lincoln, how was the play? I agree though. On the bright side, we have the best staff in the country. If they can’t figure it out then no one can. After the last 2 seasons I 1000% see why OSU, Alabama, etc. fans are the way they are. I’ll legitimately be disappointed if we miss the playoffs.
  9. Hoover’s arm strength is a big concern for me. Hes under thrown Becker multiple times on what would’ve been walk in touchdowns. He’s also very inaccurate when he’s throwing more than 5-10 yards down field.
  10. Kind of ashamed to admit that I was daunted and took Northwestern to cover. -22 was just asking to be smashed though.
  11. Heck, with how we looked tonight we can’t overlook Rutger. Such a bizarre game.
  12. Team looks much worse than Cig’s first two teams. Hoover is a significant downgrade from Rourke and Mendoza. Two more figure it out games before we have to face OSU. At least their qb isn’t a scrambler.
  13. I park in the garage in the Kelley graduate school. I’ve seen people pay when pulling in, so I assume you can buy a spot there. If you don’t mind a 10ish minute walk, it’s a good spot. Not terrible getting out either, and it’s nice having the Kelley school to use the restroom/hydrate.
  14. Love that for Ole Miss
  15. Pleasantly surprised that we were able to get in at Buffalouies! Not nearly as crowded as I expected.
  16. What’s the pre-game restaurant scene like these days? Probably going to get to Bloomington around 1:00pm on Saturday and am wondering what, if anything, would be doable near Kirkwood.
  17. Not at all. He’s mobile-ish but he can’t throw the ball downfield at all.
  18. Michigan and Oklahoma are having one helluva mid off right now.
  19. Offense looks good already. Defense is concerning but trying to remember how underwhelming the first game last year was. It’s brutal in the stands though, I can only imagine what it feels like on the field. Kinda disappointed that the stands have largely emptied out, but I get it.
  20. Football in general is just way more popular of a sport than college basketball. Even if the programs were in comparable standing, I think football interest would exceed basketball. Then add in the fact that people under the age of 30 have never experienced a stable IU basketball program, and it’s not surprise at all.
  21. Big Noon is one of the worst things to happen to college football in recent years. Cooks the best game in the conference every week while we have to sit at home and then watch the insanely awesome night atmospheres in the SEC.
  22. They shouldn’t, but with the special rules just for them, they probably would. What a life that would be. Get to pick your schedule, lose your only two hard games, and get into the playoff. If you don’t, whine and cry while refusing to play a bowl game. Easily my least favorite program in the country. There’s no reason for any P4 school to schedule ND with the way the playoff is currently constructed.
  23. I got the Fee Lane Parking Garage for my parking pass. Anyone know how fast it fills up on game days?
  24. Possibly the best defense, so far. I completely see how programs like Alabama, Ohio State, etc. get mad when they don’t win 11+ games and compete for national championships. Anything less than playoff appearances every year will be disappointing to me as I’ve gotten greedy. I don’t feel too bad having that expectation, though, because I know Coach Cig and everyone else in the organization feel the exact same way.
  25. Would’ve loved to see us give ND belt, but every top program should refuse to schedule ND until they stop receiving preferential treatment or join a conference.
×
×
  • Create New...