Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

4 hours ago, iu eyedoc said:

You're so right. I mean every time Kopp was on the floor, I thought to myself, self, his game really reminds me of Jimmy Butler's.

It has nothing to do with style of play. None of those 4 players are the same. Butler, Vincent, Martin, Robinson. All different but still made it through hard work.

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

To any outsiders, if you asked them to predict Kansas or IU, most would pick Kansas. That's just where we are as a program right now. We don't have the "homecourt advantage" on this one like we had with Romeo and JBJ. 

Even those two it was questionable. I was shocked we got Romeo but incredibly excited. JBJ decommitted and then came back on board. I don't remember the Bryant or Vonleh recruitments much. Zeller I thought was going to Carolina or Butler considering where IU was as a program.

To me this commitment would mean so much more than just getting MM.

-Winning a head to head vs Kansas, getting the type of player who seemingly has avoided the big ten over the last decade, and the boost it would give again to IU/Woody overall in recruiting. The boosters would be ready with NIL in the future knowing Woody and staff can compete with the top programs and win recruits. I think this has the potential to have the type of impact that the Zeller commitment had in terms of overall program booster and that’s not even taking into account MM’s play on the court. 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Even those two it was questionable. I was shocked we got Romeo but incredibly excited. JBJ decommitted and then came back on board. I don't remember the Bryant or Vonleh recruitments much. Zeller I thought was going to Carolina or Butler considering where IU was as a program.

Romeo wasn't that questionable by the end. Zeller the same. Bryant was wrapped up as well. Vonleh committed on his OV. 

What is bad about getting so enthralled with recruiting is that we forget that we already have 11 players who said yes to IU. There are 11 guys who have represented IU in a fine manner and should be proud of them. We get to caught up in who.says no to IU over who says yes.

3 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

What is bad about getting so enthralled with recruiting is that we forget that we already have 11 players who said yes to IU. There are 11 guys who have represented IU in a fine manner and should be proud of them. We get to caught up in who.says no to IU over who says yes.

Yeah, but currently we have no one on our roster with the type of talent this kid has.  

How many on our roster were McDonalds All American?  Just aware, correct?

I'd 100% agree with this except the 2 major rumors (visits to 4 schools & cancelling UL visit) were reported first by others (Zagoria & Louisville radio host). So someone is leaking info and my best guess would be UL staff. Since they are out of the picture, I think it's safer to say only believe Slater now.
This theory may be spot on. Could explain canceled visit if MM camp found UL leaked info. If that is the case then us getting last visit holds less water.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

My biggest concern?

A reel of Gradey Dick film followed by “Next year? You’re him.”

Kansas behavior since the visit indicates he is theirs.  But apparently our staff feels good too.  As we did for Ledlum.  I can see tea leave signs that point either direction.  My strong lean is its going to be kansas but i can see see it being us.  

Haven't given up hope yet.