Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

If they are saying something to a recruit, that has to mean it’s close to coming out, right?  The more people in the know, the more likely it leaks out. 

Yeah you start telling a bunch of 16-17 year olds they have a chance to play for the current Celtics coach, not gonna be a secret for very long

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Mike is not going to do anything he’s ok doing. I’ve known the dude since he was at IU. He’s as square as they come. He’s Barney Fife of coaching.

Definitely earned more cred with throwing a Barney Fife reference in there. One of my all time favorite shows. 

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just said they were going to go after said recruit & pretty sure like 90% that Stevens was going to be the coach. 

I know you get good info but I have a hard time believing this one for several reasons. 

I hope you and Roberts are both right but I doubt he said that to a recruit. Are they even recruiting now without knowing who the next coach will be and therefore not knowing which players he'd want to recruit? Or are they casting a wide net of maybes?

Telling recruits would also make it leak super fast. 

Edited by go iu bb

Yeah you start telling a bunch of 16-17 year olds they have a chance to play for the current Celtics coach, not gonna be a secret for very long

Yah. These kids are all for the clout/Rt’s. Which means it should be announced Tomorrow if it’s true.

Teens can keep a secret as well as a dog is unable to sniff another dogs @$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see the Jeff Goodman tweet now. Indiana gets their dream coach in the washed up Brad Stevens.  Or Brad Stevens failure to live up to expectations lead him to lowly Indiana 

This. Been thinking this all day. Can’t wait for the PU fans and pUKe fans to all be like, “he’s never won anything, failed at Boston, blah blah blah...”

I can see the Jeff Goodman tweet now. Indiana gets their dream coach in the washed up Brad Stevens.  Or Brad Stevens failure to live up to expectations lead him to lowly Indiana 

Yes the narrative about Brad Steven’s will certainly change from quite a few fanbases nearby to justify him coaching at IU.

He will have failed in Boston. Got lucky at Butler. Etc.,

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I wasn’t going to tell everyone but screw it, if it’s wrong it’s wrong.  The search is over!! Brad will be the next coach.  Same guy that told me the Sampson buyout sent me a text and said Brad is HOME! LFG!!!

You da man when’s the ETA?  Tracking flights need to commence tonight?