In case you need a quick recap of the 2 decade slide for this program's coaching hires:
1) fire a HOF coach
2) keep his lead assistant because the current players wanted him to stay
3) hold onto Davis for 5 more years because he took Knights team to the cusp of a championship, but then followed it up with "help is on the way" and "just gotta get Bracey the ball"
4) Hire a high major final four caliber coach who is (now for sure) widely accepted as one of the best coaches in college basketball but quickly fire him for NCAA infractions which became allowed a couple years later. Go on to blame it on culture and current players smoking pot.
5) Hire a high major final four coach with a D Wade endorsement. Find reasonable success but fire him because he is too inconsistent (ie: can't make deep enough runs in the tourney).
6) Hire the next up and coming mid major coach with elite 8 experience. One of a few names that year who were thought of as the hot up and coming coaches ready for the big stage. Fire him because he can't field an above .500 conference team in 4 years
7) Hire a 63 year old former player who has zero college coaching experience...ever.
8) so what's the next hire going to be? It's actually pretty terrifying