Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Ha I was thinking this is a great way to ensure he hits 3s in Assembly Hall next year.

For the record I wouldn't hold it against him at all. He's from that area and they have it together more than we do right now.

If I'm a H.S. recruit, I don't know why in the world I would want to play at Indiana besides the women and maybe N.I.L. money. The style of play, adidas, practice facility, and Woodson wouldn't do it for me. 

14 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

@ISP, saw you deleted pretty quick but tue evidence is already there.  Galloway is probably the only player that fits but I can think of several schools that would suck.  That isn't my question though, do we know what this particular player is not happy with?

Not per se. My analysis of it was that he did not feel supported or wanted by either Woody or the staff in general. Again, that is my spin on it not something directly stated and that the family feels there may be greener grass elsewhere. 

They also added that it is well known amongst the players that there is going to be a number of big shake ups coming, sort of a come to Jesus you are either with us or against us decisions. I asked what the criteria is for "with vs against" and also asked if that was something that came from Woody or from above Woody and they said that part they weren't sure about. 

6 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Ha I was thinking this is a great way to ensure he hits 3s in Assembly Hall next year.  

For the record I wouldn't hold it against him at all. He's from that area and they have it together more than we do right now.

First bolded, it is the IU perimeter defense.

Second bolded, that's a low standard; the guy that said he was a bridge took the bridge out.

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

If I'm a H.S. recruit, I don't know why in the world I would want to play at Indiana besides the women and maybe N.I.L. money. The style of play, adidas, practice facility, and Woodson wouldn't do it for me. 

Practice facility is better than duke and UNC.  We just need a new coach with a better system and honestly we should talk about making a campaign to the BigTen to reform their officiating. That's it.  I gave examples of how the ACC uses our style of play against us. 

4 minutes ago, ISP said:

Not per se. My analysis of it was that he did not feel supported or wanted by either Woody or the staff in general. Again, that is my spin on it not something directly stated and that the family feels there may be greener grass elsewhere. 

They also added that it is well known amongst the players that there is going to be a number of big shake ups coming, sort of a come to Jesus you are either with us or against us decisions. I asked what the criteria is for "with vs against" and also asked if that was something that came from Woody or from above Woody and they said that part they weren't sure about. 

Indiana University, commitment to making the wrong decisions since 2000.

38 minutes ago, ISP said:

A week or two ago I made a post about one of our favorite players not being happy and considering options next season. Another poster said that Rabby indicated that vaguely might not be true. I just got some follow information confirming what I was originally told. Only a few more variables involved meaning things have progressed. 1 of those being that this player plans to take part in senior night. The other being a school he is being pushed to by certain people that, lets just say would ******* suck. 

In all honesty, assuming this is Trey Galloway to Purdue, where is Purdue getting the open scholarship to even entertain the idea of adding Trey Galloway? Purdue HAS to force someone out as is just to admit all 6 incoming freshman. And where does Galloway even fit on that team next year? I guess he could take Lance Jones spot in the rotation, but where does that leave Myles Colvin, Kanon Catchings, etc?

Not doubting what you have said/heard, I just don't think the logistics make any sense. I just don't think Painter has stockpiled all these guards and wings to get a one year rental out of Trey Galloway. 

Edited by AH1971

10 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Practice facility is better than duke and UNC.  We just need a new coach with a better system and honestly we should talk about making a campaign to the BigTen to reform their officiating. That's it.  I gave examples of how the ACC uses our style of play against us. 

I'll take Duke's over Indiana's all day. I'd take Davidson's over Indiana's. 

However, I will say Indiana is better than MSU and Michigan. 

35 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

@ISP, saw you deleted pretty quick but tue evidence is already there.  Galloway is probably the only player that fits but I can think of several schools that would suck.  That isn't my question though, do we know what this particular player is not happy with?

image.png.002875792109c596400feb566e81c0a5.png

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

In all honesty, assuming this is Trey Galloway to Purdue, where is Purdue getting the open scholarship to even entertain the idea of adding Trey Galloway? Purdue HAS to force someone out as is just to admit all 6 incoming freshman. And where does Galloway even fit on that team next year? I guess he could take Lance Jones spot in the rotation, but where does that leave Myles Colvin, Kanon Catchings, etc?

Not doubting what you have said/heard, I just don't think the logistics make any sense. I just don't think Painter has stockpiled all these guards and wings to get a one year rental out of Trey Galloway. 

We don't know the Purdue side, we have a rumor of the Galloway side.  Their wish may be Purdue but that may not fit with what Purdue has going on.  I think the bigger issue would be that your likely team leader not only this year, but next as well, is bought out enough that he is looking to bail after 4 years at the school and 2 in the current staff's system.

Things are always fluid and this is just info of what has been heard being shared but it just keeps snowballing the potentially monumental rebuild that is going to have to occur from March to May at likely the latest.  You are talking about threading the smallest of needles in a likelihood for success.

And if it is true they are doing the with us or against us stuff at the moment, that doesn't leave the impression that they have alot of buy in right now.  We have all seen these shows before.  This is the death rattle of a coaching tenure.  "Mike is getting another year...."  Awesome, so another year of IU basketball thrown in the trash because the likelihood of this ending well is really low.

9 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We don't know the Purdue side, we have a rumor of the Galloway side.  Their wish may be Purdue but that may not fit with what Purdue has going on.  I think the bigger issue would be that your likely team leader not only this year, but next as well, is bought out enough that he is looking to bail after 4 years at the school and 2 in the current staff's system.

Things are always fluid and this is just info of what has been heard being shared but it just keeps snowballing the potentially monumental rebuild that is going to have to occur from March to May at likely the latest.  You are talking about threading the smallest of needles in a likelihood for success.

And if it is true they are doing the with us or against us stuff at the moment, that doesn't leave the impression that they have alot of buy in right now.  We have all seen these shows before.  This is the death rattle of a coaching tenure.  "Mike is getting another year...."  Awesome, so another year of IU basketball thrown in the trash because the likelihood of this ending well is really low.

That may be my fault for assuming Purdue just based on @ISPwording that said it would ********* suck if we lost the player in question to that school. So my fault for maybe jumping the gun. I just don't see Purdue having any need for Galloway next year. They need defensive interior help and rebounding and may not be able to get it because they don't have any spots available. There's not a lot behind Furst and TKR next year and those guys aren't exactly elite rebounders to begin with.

Edited by AH1971

4 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Not doubting what you have said/heard, I just don't think the logistics make any sense. I just don't think Painter has stockpiled all these guards to get a one year rental out of Trey Galloway. 

Yes, that math was something I was wondering too. But just to be clear before any wild rumors circulate, it was not stated as this is something that is happening, but instead as a certain person with super high basketball IQ (I know who this is but for privacy sake not naming them) has developed a relationship with Painter and feels very highly of him and would love to see Trey play for him. 

Couple that with the previous info I was told (from the same person) a few weeks ago which was that multiple school are recruiting Trey away for his final season and that a few of them are big hitters NIL wise. 

Add to that, today info that Trey will for sure be going through senior night.. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Only if they change it to before the game. With a 4:30 tipoff Woodson will be overdue for a nap by the time the game ends. 

Him and Hill will have to alternate then. Can't afford to have both napping at the same time.

24 minutes ago, ISP said:

This part is more interesting actually.  If a big exit is coming, and it is known amongst the players, it has to impact play down the stretch.  Plus, if a big exit is coming, I cannot see how the AD would not have some idea of this.  I would not keep an older coach knowing a big roster turnover is going to occur.  

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Let's go easy on the Trey talk.  I'm not saying he won't leave, hell the whole team could leave.  But there's still a lot of games left to play and let's not rush to throw him out the door.  

Honestly, I posted and deleted this like 5x, because I know how these things go. You post something and then suddenly over on Peegs someone is saying "someone at _____ board said they know for sure that Trey is 100% transferring to Purdue/Michigan/Mad Ants at the end of the season" and my username is attached to it. 

Let's go easy on the Trey talk.  I'm not saying he won't leave, hell the whole team could leave.  But there's still a lot of games left to play and let's not rush to throw him out the door.  
8 or 9 games not alot but some left.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I am not and do not want to throw him out the door.  The current coaching staff....well....