Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Just wondering would they do this if they are looking to hire new assistant coaches

Good question and not sure how that works. But with the OSU timing yesterday it seems like their just doing their homework.

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

I don't see the post about IU putting out feelers on Trilly's Twitter account. Maybe it's somewhere else?

It’s in his Discord chat that you have to pay for. It was around 3:30 today.

Just now, Scotty R said:

Didn't Rabby come out today saying he is hearing Woodson was getting a 4th year

He said that yesterday afternoon and said today that was the plan as long as the wheels don’t fall off. But he wouldn’t elaborate on wheels falling off. Trilly and Rabby talk often but Trilly is a little more loose with his info on his pay site.

8 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Listening to Bruce Pearl during halftime of the FAU game and I REALLY like him. I’d take him for 7 or 8 years. They beat South Carolina yesterday by 40 and scored 101 points… wowzer

I think he would be a no brainer if he is interested. But he makes about 2 million more than Woodson so we would have to up our pay.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think he would be a no brainer if he is interested. But he makes about 2 million more than Woodson so we would have to up our pay.

You pay the man… no questions.

Edited by Herotime

Based off OSU speeding things up like they have, I’m thinking if IU was ever considering moving on from Woodson, I am agreeing with everyone else, we should  fire Woodson and get our new coach now!  My gut tells me they are giving Woodson a 4th year

15 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

What? You are losing it. This has zero to do with my “narrative” 

I like Chris and enjoy what he posts. We have plenty of cordial debate.

All I was saying was if he heard this second hand and didn’t see what Trilly said, it wasn’t as cut and dry as that. I have the exact post from his discord if we want to get into a measuring contest 

Edit and add - no, I am also not disputing Trilly. I am saying even he got his info second hand and we knows the full details there. He has for sure change from when he started when it was mostly first hand info. I followed him on Twitter when he had like 50 people. His operation is a little different now is all. 

To say we are targeting Pearl even Trilly admits was odd to hear so maybe the guy he was taking to was just running some stuff up the flagpole. 

Where did you see the targeting Pearl part?

On 2/13/2024 at 10:01 AM, Ngw7183 said:

The recruiting issues of a guard have been addressed over and over. Some choose not to believe it went after same amount of guards as lost guys. The post guys said yes because we lost all 3 starters 3 through 5. You can wish in one hand and … you get the point. 

Our issues are also way less about the offense which so many are worried about and way more about D. The offense would look a lot better with guys who can take and hit open shots. Many have quoted the D getting worse each year. Well, year one he had X and an experienced Parker Stewart. Year 2 he had 1 quality guard in JHS. Year 3, he has zero for 80% of the season. 

In am all about him needing to fully own this big miss while also affording him a single mistake because I see it as that. Other don’t and that is fine. What I think is a huge mistake is taking the risk on a guy like Dusty when no matter how much you like him is a big risk. College is full of those issues and the next sure thing. The smarter thing to do is wait. Let Woody try and fix things while working hard to find the most sure thing you can. 

End of the year is important, yes. I don’t have any convenes that it won’t be solid. If it was a disaster, might change my mind but so far, this season has gone almost exactly how I would have expected. I have also thought all along the schedule was way easier back half. Will see. Would feel a lot better with a healthy X

There is literally no help coming at guard. Next year is going to be worse 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Good question and not sure how that works. But with the OSU timing yesterday it seems like their just doing their homework.

A good AD/GM should always be working his short list.  And with the OSU firing, what a time to contact people and say "hey, how's it going?"  And then start talking "hypotheticals." 

56 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Targeting Pearl sounds too good to be true but WOW that would be incredible. 

I would love to have seen it a few years ago….not sure how healthy he is today, he appears to struggle on the sidelines at times?