Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

10 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

This whole place is a freaking joke. God help anyone that has a different view on Mediocre Mike as “coach”.

I don’t come here often any more because of the continuous double standards between the Woodson fan club and those of us who just want him gone. 

Fire him because he’s an arrogant, stubborn egomaniac who can’t coach to save his soul. 

Don’t fire him because he got couple of billionaires to buy him a team so he could prove something (not sure what).

Going to be a long season for you brother. Deep breaths. 

All,

The mods are well aware of the content of this and the 'Fire' thread. In my (non-mod) opinion, the posts in both threads at times may be redundant at this point; everyone has had their say many times. Occasionally we have taken a post from one thread and relocated it to the other thread. However...

• It is very much the slow season, especially for basketball.
  • The posts in both threads have generally been within board rules.
  • So the threads march on! 

As a gentle reminder:

• The mods generally pay attention to the board (except Stromboli, who is likely busy making a delicious sandwich). There is rarely a need to post requests for mods to notice a post.
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY -- Anyone and everyone participating in these discussions is ultimately interested in the same thing: the unmitigated success of our beloved Indiana University. It's just that we all have different ways of expressing it and judging what will constitute that unmitigated success. That's what makes these discussions interesting - if we all agreed they'd be far less interesting.
  • There should be no 'Hoosier-on-Hoosier' digital violence. A suggestion? If things are getting too spicy between any of y'all, take the time to type "Purdue sucks" into your post and start by agreeing with your sparring partner on that one.

10 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

This whole place is a freaking joke. God help anyone that has a different view on Mediocre Mike as “coach”.

I don’t come here often any more because of the continuous double standards between the Woodson fan club and those of us who just want him gone. 

Fire him because he’s an arrogant, stubborn egomaniac who can’t coach to save his soul. 

Don’t fire him because he got couple of billionaires to buy him a team so he could prove something (not sure what).

I with you brother!!!  I don’t post near as much as I used to and it for some of the reasons above and some on here that seemed to exert their power!   The MW fan club members don’t want to allow you to voice your opinions against him.  

It will be hard to like him as our coach and as a person because he is a total a** but I still want us to win!  That’s why this entire ordeal hasn’t been easy for us true fans, but not true fans according to Woodson, because we are caught between loving IU basketball and not liking our coach because he is lacking as a good person and coach, IMO

7 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I with you brother!!!  I don’t post near as much as I used to and it for some of the reasons above and some on here that seemed to exert their power!   The MW fan club members don’t want to allow you to voice your opinions against him.  

lol what? There’s 1154 pages and over 23k posts of the same regurgitated opinion. Not one person has stopped you from saying the same thing over and over again.

lol what? There’s 1154 pages and over 23k posts of the same regurgitated opinion. Not one person has stopped you from saying the same thing over and over again.
That is an insane comment he made. I got banned for 3 weeks for using a little rough language and an opinion someone didn't agree with.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

On 8/12/2024 at 2:12 PM, JSHoosier said:

Being great against bad teams and pretty bad against anyone with a pulse clearly means keep him; the fact we've had worse just shows how abysmal IU has been at hiring coaches, which just makes Woodson the tallest midget.

Woodson wearing lifts like Mickey on Seinfeld 

image.jpeg.dd3fc0f331779f25a7c84570347bb191.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

Wrong thread

You need to quit playing Thread police, it’s the correct thread if we want it in this thread or the “Don’t Fire Mike Woodson” thread.  I am 100% certain you would have been ok with him posting it in that thread!  Thank you for helping resurrecting this thread, lol!!!

Fire Mike Woodson!!!

Listened to Woodson today on Rothstein. He likes the roster and depth.  I think we all do. I hope our guys can get the direction they need to win big.  I remember listening to Painter on Rothstein last season and walking away very impressed by the detail and coaching nuance and depth of thought.   And passion.  

Woodson is a different dude.  I think his laid back persona as a coach can have benefits but most of the successful college coaches hyperactive type A personalities.  (Oates, Hurley, Painter). 

Woodson fits a different style.  I’m not sure who to compare him to in the college game.  

Going to be an interesting season. 

57 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Listened to Woodson today on Rothstein. He likes the roster and depth.  I think we all do. I hope our guys can get the direction they need to win big.  I remember listening to Painter on Rothstein last season and walking away very impressed by the detail and coaching nuance and depth of thought.   And passion.  

Woodson is a different dude.  I think his laid back persona as a coach can have benefits but most of the successful college coaches hyperactive type A personalities.  (Oates, Hurley, Painter). 

Woodson fits a different style.  I’m not sure who to compare him to in the college game.  

That laid back nature is probably at least part of the reason why each of his 3 teams so far have underperformed their talent level, in other words, were less than the sum of their parts. That will likely happen again this year. They'll be better (not hard) but not quite as good as they should be. This should be a very good team.

Wait, I forgot that I'm converted now. Woodson is the best coach ever and this will be championship season #1 and Woodson will coach circles around those others you mentioned.

17 hours ago, go iu bb said:

That laid back nature is probably at least part of the reason why each of his 3 teams so far have underperformed their talent level, in other words, were less than the sum of their parts. That will likely happen again this year. They'll be better (not hard) but not quite as good as they should be. This should be a very good team.

Wait, I forgot that I'm converted now. Woodson is the best coach ever and this will be championship season #1 and Woodson will coach circles around those others you mentioned.

Your 1st paragraph was spot on, the 2nd one left me dazed and confused!!!! lol

I think most player coaches are laid back but, IMO, that isn’t good for a young team.  Most players love playing for them because they are micro-managers but young teams need more structure and direction, IMO

On 8/26/2024 at 11:01 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Interesting season is what I would describe this upcoming season to be as well. Woodson claims he has the most talent he's ever had, the results should follow if true. Looking on paper, this is a NCAA team that should advance pass the first weekend. If this team fails to make the second weekend, I would consider this season to be a failure, assuming health is not an issue. And if so, Woodson should be relived of his duties.

If this team can advance to the Elite 8 or higher, Woodson should get a 2 year extension if not more. I'm not too concerned about Big Ten championships or finishing Top 4, the real validation is the dance as we all know. I think Woodson and company have set themselves up in a position to be good if not great this year, but the results have to follow. 

Interesting season is what I would describe this upcoming season to be as well. Woodson claims he has the most talent he's ever had, the results should follow if true. Looking on paper, this is a NCAA team that should advance pass the first weekend. If this team fails to make the second weekend, I would consider this season to be a failure, assuming health is not an issue. And if so, Woodson should be relived of his duties.
If this team can advance to the Elite 8 or higher, Woodson should get a 2 year extension if not more. I'm not too concerned about Big Ten championships or finishing Top 4, the real validation is the dance as we all know. I think Woodson and company have set themselves up in a position to be good if not great this year, but the results have to follow. 
Sweet sixeteen or more should be the minimum with this roster.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Trish said:

I agree with everything except extending him with an E8 appearance. Our biggest failure over the last 20+ years is sustainment. Personally, I'll be elatedly shocked by an Elite 8 out of Woodson, but either way, he needs to show he can put together more than a good year here and there. He needs to show that he can build the program for yearly success, especially if he's going to depend so heavily on the portal.

27 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I agree with everything except extending him with an E8 appearance. Our biggest failure over the last 20+ years is sustainment. Personally, I'll be elatedly shocked by an Elite 8 out of Woodson, but either way, he needs to show he can put together more than a good year here and there. He needs to show that he can build the program for yearly success, especially if he's going to depend so heavily on the portal.

I guess when he got his raise he didn't get an extension. So this will be year 4 of 6 on his contract. With the way recruiting works, they'll be at the point where they need to either extend him or get rid of him.

^^ Yes, I see this year as the season CMW must take the team deep in conference and in March -- that, as a necessity for potential extension. And also agree though with @bigrodthat this season is just 1, minimally he'll have to replicate it (strong season) the following season.