Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Why doesn’t this thread show up in the section “Topics I’ve Participated In” but the  “Don’t Fire Mike Woodson” thread does?   Not cool and shows favoritism with the Mods!

Nothing to do with the mods and just a glitch in the system. Chill out. 

I'm confident we'll see more W's but not holding my breath for anything more than that.

Given the schedule yes. The preseason is cupcake city baby as vitale used to say

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I don’t want to speak for everyone, but I think we need a really superior performance from our team the entire year to really jump start this program and to end this thread once in for all, which is what some on here want. 

I think no less than 2nd in Battle For Atlantis.  2nd in the B10 conference season,  2nd in the B10 tournament, top 2 seed in the NCAA tournament, and at least an elite 8 appearance.  If that happens, I bet this thread goes away, IMO

Ww have been waiting for an elite 8 since 2002 so it would certainly help.

On 8/10/2024 at 4:47 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Woody’s 63-40 record broken down 

18-32 against NET top 50 teams (8-17 against top 25)

17-7 against NET 51-99

28-1 against NET 100 + ( 21-0 NET 150+)

Those 40 losses are by an average of 12 points. So under Woodson, the average lose is a blowout. This isn't surprising his terrible record against good teams (both record and number of blowouts).

35-39 (47.3%) against NET top 100 teams uninspiring, especially considering that for 2 of those seasons he had an AA player who was also an IU great.

I think they'll be better this year than last (hard not to be) but will still underperform what they should be.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Ww have been waiting for an elite 8 since 2002 so it would certainly help.

Yes, Jared Jefferies, Tom Coverdale, Jeff Newton, AJ Moye, Dane Fife, and some other sharp shooter named Kyle Hornsby!

17 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Those 40 losses are by an average of 12 points. So under Woodson, the average lose is a blowout. This isn't surprising his terrible record against good teams (both record and number of blowouts).

35-49 (41.67%) against NET top 100 teams uninspiring, especially considering that for 2 of those seasons he had an AA player who was also an IU great.

I think they'll be better this year than last (hard not to be) but will still underperform what they should be.

That why some have gave him the name Mediocre Mike!

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Given the schedule yes. The preseason is cupcake city baby as vitale used to say

That’s an understatement, and could be worse if we lose our 1st game in Battle 4 Atlantis!

17 hours ago, go iu bb said:

35-49 (41.67%) against NET top 100 teams uninspiring, especially considering that for 2 of those seasons he had an AA player who was also an IU great.

17 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

That why some have gave him the name Mediocre Mike!

In all seriousness, is that even mediocre?

Gifted the junior and senior seasons of an AA all time great Hoosier, a great 5th and then 6th year senior compliment, and recruiting a lottery pick PG and they were just mediocre.The first all Woody roster was a disaster. Until proven otherwise Woodrow's hump is becoming mediocre. But hey he has only been at this coaching thing for 28 years, so give him time.

18 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Don't think it changes the point much but 35-39 against NET top 100.

23 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Don't think it changes the point much but 35-39 against NET top 100.

You're right. I must have swapped the 17 wins with the 7 loses in my mind. My bad. Still less than a 0.500 record against teams with a pulse.

But accuracy matters so thanks for pointing that out. I fixed it.

On 8/10/2024 at 6:47 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Woody’s 63-40 record broken down 

18-32 against NET top 50 teams (8-17 against top 25)

17-7 against NET 51-99

28-1 against NET 100 + ( 21-0 NET 150+)

When broken down like this "FIRE MIKE WOODSON" he sucks LOL.

3 hours ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

When broken down like this "FIRE MIKE WOODSON" he sucks LOL.

Being great against bad teams and pretty bad against anyone with a pulse clearly means keep him; the fact we've had worse just shows how abysmal IU has been at hiring coaches, which just makes Woodson the tallest midget.

13 hours ago, iu eyedoc said:

In all seriousness, is that even mediocre?

Gifted the junior and senior seasons of an AA all time great Hoosier, a great 5th and then 6th year senior compliment, and recruiting a lottery pick PG and they were just mediocre.The first all Woody roster was a disaster. Until proven otherwise Woodrow's hump is becoming mediocre. But hey he has only been at this coaching thing for 28 years, so give him time.

Great point, 28 years maybe not enough time to get better than mediocre.  Maybe he needs another 28 years!  That would put him in his 90’s, would that be too young to still be IU’s coach?

59 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Some context ... 

RMK went to the Final Four in his second season, the Elite Eight in his fourth and won a natty in his fifth. 

McCracken won a natty in his second year and was  87-17 (.840) over his first five seasons. 

Which is no where close to what Mediocre Mike has done!  Let’s keep him as our coach another 29 years!!!

9 hours ago, DChoosier said:

So you are taking your “fire Mike Woodson” shtick to the “don’t fire Mike Woodson” thread?

We get it…Ha ha ha….the administration should sign him up until he is 90. How funny/clever. 

You have repeated the same narrative so many times that AZ Hoosier etc  aren’t even supplying their usual instantaneous likes. The “Fire Mike Woodson” thread, rather than the “don’t Fire Mike Woodson” thread is there for a reason. It would be refreshing if you could just use the “fire Mike Woodson thread” to make the same point you want to post over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

In any case, carry on.

This whole place is a freaking joke. God help anyone that has a different view on Mediocre Mike as “coach”.

I don’t come here often any more because of the continuous double standards between the Woodson fan club and those of us who just want him gone. 

Fire him because he’s an arrogant, stubborn egomaniac who can’t coach to save his soul. 

Don’t fire him because he got couple of billionaires to buy him a team so he could prove something (not sure what).