Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

On 7/26/2024 at 10:38 AM, IUFAN1976 said:

He’s a 7 Footer from South Carolina State.  Didn’t put up great stats.  They are probably putting him on the team to help with practice and since he graduated with a 4.0 GPA, academics!  At least they are filling it, lol.  

APR, seven foot practice body, designator big to absorb fouls in a case where our bigs are in foul trouble.

While he's not good, I have yet to see seven foot players who are walk ons.  Someone is always going to take them in as a body.  Six three walk ons are a dime a dozen, seven footers aren't.

Speaking of filling the 13th scholarship....I know Diamant Blazi seemed to have come from out of nowhere and then got an IU visit the same day Bryson Tucker visited.  IU basically told him no thanks.  Rumor was they thought his game wasn't worth the scholarship compared to him being a potential distraction, whatever that means.  To my knowledge, no one else has signed him either.  He was from France so it wouldn't be a surprise to see him go back overseas.

I did find out that he has a big instagram (2.2 million) and tik tok (2.7 million) following.

On 7/26/2024 at 12:53 PM, Scotty R said:

Why fill it with a guy who won't play, what is the purpose of just filling the 13th scholarship 

I was told his dad is James Jones the long-time NBA player and Woodson is just doing him a favor. I was told it would be a toss-up between him and Priller on who would be better. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was told his dad is James Jones the long-time NBA player and Woodson is just doing him a favor. I was told it would be a toss-up between him and Priller on who would be better. 

A less violent Tijan.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I wonder if he at least takes being on the basketball team seriously unlike Priller.

11 hours ago, Chris007 said:

So James Jones has a son named Dallas James?  Does he know how last names work?

FWIW, Dallas James is better than Priller for the simple fact that he only costs us one year of scholarship.

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

So James Jones has a son named Dallas James?  Does he know how last names work?

FWIW, Dallas James is better than Priller for the simple fact that he only costs us one year of scholarship.

Sorry meant Jerome James. 

9 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Dude. We were at 48+ hours since the last nonsensical dead horse beating. Don't wake them up.

Why not?   I would have posted in here either today or tomorrow anyway!

FIRE MIKE WOODSON!!!!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Regularly bumping a thread with no intention of adding substance is ...

frowned upon. 

Please cut that crap out.

Just out of curiosity, what constitutes substance on a message board? For example, people coming to a thread to express their feelings about an issue to which that thread is dedicated, how does that rate on the substance scale? Or does one have to have new information (substance) to post in the thread? Are mere feels, musings, etc. frowned upon? If someone posts, "I hope we get news on Mullins commitment soon," is that substantive enough to not be frowned upon? 

:farting_smiley:

12 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

Just out of curiosity, what constitutes substance on a message board? For example, people coming to a thread to express their feelings about an issue to which that thread is dedicated, how does that rate on the substance scale? Or does one have to have new information (substance) to post in the thread? Are mere feels, musings, etc. frowned upon? If someone posts, "I hope we get news on Mullins commitment soon," is that substantive enough to not be frowned upon? 

I assume he meant post that just says Fire Mediocre Mike and nothing else.

21 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Why not?   I would have posted in here either today or tomorrow anyway!

FIRE MIKE WOODSON!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

38 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

24 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I assume he meant post that just says Fire Mediocre Mike and nothing else.

I get bumping a thread now and then.

But when the bumps become many of the new posts in the thread, people that open the thread to read what's new or a substantive opinion constantly get primarily a succession of bumps, which is annoying as hell. If anyone has something to say about the reasons for them thinking Woody should be fired? Go for it.

Even though he will never admit it, I really think MMW heard the fans cries about roster construction, HH as well as other issues because he changed the format of HH, it will now be a 20 minute scrimmage as opposed to how it was last year.

FIRE MIKE WOODSON!!!!

Does that suffice for substance???  

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Even though he will never admit it, I really think MMW heard the fans cries about roster construction, HH as well as other issues because he changed the format of HH, it will now be a 20 minute scrimmage as opposed to how it was last year.

FIRE MIKE WOODSON!!!!

Does that suffice for substance???  

For sure!

Although, you writing a substantive paragraph describing how Woody has adapted to improve both roster construction and Hoosier Hysteria, and then concluding that therefore he should be fired… is kind of odd.

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For sure!

Although, you writing a substantive paragraph describing how Woody has adapted to improve both roster construction and Hoosier Hysteria, and then concluding that therefore he should be fired… is kind of odd.

Call it an Oxymoron!