Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, OliviaPope40 said:

2000 pages?

Sounds like a lot but the majority has been legit, IMO and the fact that MMW has actually listened to the fans has gone along way to right the ship, IMO!  He may never ever admit he was wrong and There is still a ways to go to improve the fan/coach relationship but to me he is heading in the right direction!

For sure!
Although, you writing a substantive paragraph describing how Woody has adapted to improve both roster construction and Hoosier Hysteria, and then concluding that therefore he should be fired… is kind of odd.

But has he learned hockey subbing 5 inferior players at one time might negatively effect your teams ability to win games after 3 years of evidence?

I’m fine with playing 9 or 10 in buy games if you are taking care of business, but this isn’t the NBA. Keep momentum going with some starters always in the game.

He has a lot to learn on the court as well. I hope he’s improved there as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

But has he learned hockey subbing 5 inferior players at one time might negatively effect your teams ability to win games after 3 years of evidence?

I’m fine with playing 9 or 10 in buy games if you are taking care of business, but this isn’t the NBA. Keep momentum going with some starters always in the game.

Another Oxymoron!  Lol

42 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

FWIW, I think last year in Big Ten play there was much less of that practice (of course, lack of guard talent had a lot to do with that).  In the game against Michigan State, Galloway exited 7 minutes in and he still played just 8 players -- and Walker only played 5 minutes.  So I think there was improvement on nixing those hockey line changes.  Guard play and overall depth wasn''t there to do it anyway.

52 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He usually plays more during the non conference but he doesn't do the hockey subs in the conference 

He usually plays more during the non conference but he doesn't do the hockey subs in the conference 

I tend to agree but he and his staff might want to learn that metrics matter in the modern era and this isn’t the same college basketball landscape he grew up in.

He needs to win easy games big. And 5 guy, NBA 2nd team subs, is never going to be the way. However he’s done this every non con season.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I tend to agree but he and his staff might want to learn that metrics matter in the modern era and this isn’t the same college basketball landscape he grew up in.

He needs to win easy games big. And 5 guy, NBA 2nd team subs, is never going to be the way. However he’s done this every non con season.

In his defense, he thinks he’s trying to develop his bench!  Yes, that hasn’t worked!

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not all 5 at once. It’s illogical. Even if you have platoon equality of talent, it kills momentum and feel for the game.

I agree with that but I guarantee you he won’t!  He thinks he is trying to develop his bench!  That’s his entire motivation, IMO

Well they started a “Don’t Fire Mike Woodson thread.  Joe wonder hoe long will it take for some of us to post in there?  I for one will not until I see more overall improvement!  It would be nice if at least apologize to fanbase or accept some of the responsibility but we all know that won’t happen.  I would at least like to see improvements in the Win column 

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Well they started a “Don’t Fire Mike Woodson thread.  Joe wonder hoe long will it take for some of us to post in there?  I for one will not until I see more overall improvement!  It would be nice if at least apologize to fanbase or accept some of the responsibility but we all know that won’t happen.  I would at least like to see improvements in the Win column 

I'm confident we'll see more W's but not holding my breath for anything more than that.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm confident we'll see more W's but not holding my breath for anything more than that.

I’m right there with you, but it is wishful thinking on my part!  I do know that it seems he did seem to listen to the fans or whoever, because he addressed some of the biggest issues from last year!  I’m still going to root for the team, and I may eventually come around on him, but right now I still feel what I feel!  

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

More than last year for sure. I don't think it'll be as many as it should be, considering how his team's have underperformed. They should have been better than they were TJD's senior season.

I'm also taking a wait and see approach without having confidence that he'll magically turn into a good coach.

10 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’m right there with you, but it is wishful thinking on my part!  I do know that it seems he did seem to listen to the fans or whoever, because he addressed some of the biggest issues from last year!  I’m still going to root for the team, and I may eventually come around on him, but right now I still feel what I feel!  

Like many of us are kind of doing that!