Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t even necessarily want him fired. I just think the fans and others being pissed about last year and Woodson taking the blame was what needed to happen. Woodson and staff should have understood they dropped the ball. They behind the scenes, seem to realize this but they outwardly blamed the fans for their ineptitudes on the season.

No, they told the “fans” who perpetuated all the noise; Woodson was getting fired, the whole team was transferring if he was retained, the locker room was lost, “fans” outwardly wanting the team to lose to expedite the process, etc to chill out. The only people still butt hurt by his comments were the one’s put in their place.

8 hours ago, AH1971 said:

No, they told the “fans” who perpetuated all the noise; Woodson was getting fired, the whole team was transferring if he was retained, the locker room was lost, “fans” outwardly wanting the team to lose to expedite the process, etc to chill out. The only people still butt hurt by his comments were the one’s put in their place.

“Put in their place” what awful discourse lmao. You would fit right in with the Mike Woodson brain trust. I don’t care to root for a coach who feels the need to “put fans in their place” for being upset after a terrible season. He sucked at his job last season. Instead of owning that he attacked the fans, attacked the media, and likely coordinated a social media campaign also attacking the fans. I wouldn’t keep buying a company’s crappy product after the CEO attacked consumers for being upset with the crappy product. Same with Mike Woodson.  The only “butt hurt” person is Mike Woodson, evidenced by him blowing up on the Hysterics for being moderately critical of him. He expects complete capitulation despite coming nowhere close to earning it. 

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

“Put in their place” what awful discourse lmao. You would fit right in with the Mike Woodson brain trust. I don’t care to root for a coach who feels the need to “put fans in their place” for being upset after a terrible season. He sucked at his job last season. Instead of owning that he attacked the fans, attacked the media, and likely coordinated a social media campaign also attacking the fans. I wouldn’t keep buying a company’s crappy product after the CEO attacked consumers for being upset with the crappy product. Same with Mike Woodson.  The only “butt hurt” person is Mike Woodson, evidenced by him blowing up on the Hysterics for being moderately critical of him. He expects complete capitulation despite coming nowhere close to earning it. 

Yeah, his comments were aimed directly at people like you. Rooting for IU to lose lol, some "fan".

13 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Medium efficiency, low volume unless you can rebound the hell out of the basketball. Ideally you’re high efficiency/medium volume or medium efficiency/high volume. If you’re neither, stick to what you’re good at. Shooting “3’s because they’re worth more than 2’s” for the hell of it isn’t an offensive strategy no matter how many times you read Analytics 101 for Dummies.

What about high efficiency and low volume? 

Can you defend Woodson on that one? 

36 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Yeah, his comments were aimed directly at people like you. Rooting for IU to lose lol, some "fan".

I’ve never claimed to be a Mike Woodson fan. I’ve hated the hire from day 1. I root for the result that will get IU a new coach. 

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’ve never claimed to be a Mike Woodson fan. I’ve hated the hire from day 1. I root for the result that will get IU a new coach. 

So you do root for IU to lose?

18 minutes ago, Redcamaro said:

Last year? Absolutely. The season was a lost cause. The few wins he picked up at the end of the season did nothing for IU’s postseason, but they may have saved Woodson’s job. Folks are going to feel how they feel about that, but I view it as no different from a team tanking for a top draft pick. Sometimes a loss is the best thing for a program. 

I did the same thing with IU football last season. I didn’t like Tom Allen, the team was terrible, so I rooted for losses because that was the only way to get rid of him. It worked and IU ended up with Cignatti.  Can anyone really argue that IU football would be in a better position if Allen had squeaked out a couple wins to save his job? 

This year I plan to just not watch/pay attention. I don’t like Mike Woodson, and I don’t like watching his teams play basketball. At least IU football might be fun this year. 

29 minutes ago, Redcamaro said:

He openly campaigned for IU to lose out in this very thread over 1000 pages back. He's a phony.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This year I plan to just not watch/pay attention. I don’t like Mike Woodson, and I don’t like watching his teams play basketball. At least IU football might be fun this year

Will you still participate in the Fie-er-Coach-Woodson thead?

8 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

True, he might have found a way for them to be blown out by Nebraska 4 times.

Perimeter defense was a much more dire concern last year than a bad 3 pt shooting not shooting more 3's. Now you're catching on. 

8 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Perimeter defense was a much more glaring concern last year than a bad 3 pt shooting team needing to shoot more 3's. Now you're catching on. 

Those damn guard's  shatty perimeter defense really hamstrung poor Woodrow.

You know what they say, "defense travels," it's too bad those perimeter defenders couldn't be bothered to find someone to teach them the concepts of or motivate them to play lock down defense.

Hope all these transfers can remember their defensive teaching, hell, maybe they can help out TG MM, GC learn to defend, so Woodrow can at least have solid defenders.

2 hours ago, str8baller said:

What about high efficiency and low volume? 

Can you defend Woodson on that one? 

He can't really defend any of the bad coaching Woodson did in years 1 & 2 so he ignores those. He'll only respond to posts about last year because he can just blame that on a bad roster. His only "criticism" of Woodson is being too loyal to the guards he already had or something like that. So if the post doesn't allow that, he won't respond.

So the blame for roster building falls on Woodson but most of the blame for last season falls on the players, the guards in particular. That seems to be his stance.

Just now, go iu bb said:

He can't really defend any of the bad coaching Woodson did in years 1 & 2 so he ignores those. He'll only respond to posts about last year because he can just blame that on a bad roster. His only "criticism" of Woodson is being too loyal to the guards he already had or something like that. So if the post doesn't allow that, he won't respond.

I have no issues with the first two seasons other than fashion in which we lost to Miami in the tournament. Have clarified that several times over now. 

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I have no issues with the first two seasons other than fashion in which we lost to Miami in the tournament. Have clarified that several times over now. 

You may not, but plenty of people do. Like I've said before, it's not that everything was great then a bunch of people turned on Woodson after 1 bad season. It's that a bunch of people weren't convinced he's a good coach based on his first 2 seasons. Then last season happened giving even more evidence to support that.

11 hours ago, AH1971 said:

You're quite the gaslighter!! It's not his job or place to "put people in their place"- he acted like a ***** and got treated like a *****

22 minutes ago, mamasa said:

You're quite the gaslighter!! It's not his job or place to "put people in their place"- he acted like a ***** and got treated like a *****

Not gaslighting anything. Calling it like I see it. Those who actively rooted for the team to lose and made up rumors and lies about the team quitting or transferring needed to be told to pipe down.

Just now, AH1971 said:

Not gaslighting anything. Calling it like I see it. Those who actively rooted for the team to lose and made it rumors and lies and about the team quitting or transferring needed to be told to pipe down.

Guess you don't know what gaslighting is (see what I did there?). I kinda would love to see a grown adult tell me, to my face, to pipe down. Woody brought every bit of the ill will on himself. His arrogance and lack of results rubbed people the wrong way, they spoke up and Woody acted like a petulant child. Just calling it like I see it

1 minute ago, mamasa said:

Guess you don't know what gaslighting is (see what I did there?). I kinda would love to see a grown adult tell me, to my face, to pipe down. Woody brought every bit of the ill will on himself. His arrogance and lack of results rubbed people the wrong way, they spoke up and Woody acted like a petulant child. Just calling it like I see it

Do you dude