Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I was on there. There has been a lot more than what I posted as well. Go sign up if you want.

Trilly likes to cause stirs and walk things back and twist things a little. Keeps the money flowing. 

Well it's kind of BS you're calling someone out and posting "proof" that really isn't proof.  I don't know what was said, nor do I care, and I am certainly not paying for that crap.  

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Haven't they done that already? That sign's been hanging at Simon-Skjodt Assembly Hall before it was Simon-Skjodt Assembly Hall... 

Figuratively that sign as been there for years. I mean an literal physical sign so the fans knows yeah it sucks but the administration doesn't care so it won't change.

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

As of right now, the coaches expect they'll be back and they expect the head coach to return.

There's a lot of reasons for this (doesn't mean anyone has to like them). 

But, the vibes aren't nearly as high as they once were. (Duh, no $h!t right?). 

Go Hoosiers. 

Dang a rare CoachSS post. Good to hear from you. 

After this season there should be changes with the assistants at the very least. Otherwise the administration should just put up a sign that says "we really do not care".
Would good will that do if the assistants aren't listened to by Woodson anyway?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

We did this with every coach we have had since Knight. Then excuse it as passion. All we did was make it harder on ourselves. With portal now, it is even harder. 

Knight never missed being in the AP top 25, at least once, during any season he coached here.  

Including this year, we have not touched the AP top 25, at least once, 10 out of 24 years since.

Fans have every right to be impatient and pissed when they seem the same mediocre to bad management of the program year after year. We were spoiled with a legend, but we should be demanding better than failure, 42% of the time.

At least make the top 25 once every year, that’s not too much to ask.  Woody failed that in year 3.

45 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

That I believe does happen. 

Ngw7183- you seem to have some relationship or at least insight to the current staff or coach Woodson, so I find your posts interesting.  Over the last couple of days, you've mentioned a possible change in assistants and changing our offense for next year. Have you heard that we will be wanting to run more 4 or 5 out?  Are we considering prioritizing the three-point shot more?   Have you heard anything on whether Mgbako will return or go pro?  I believe he and his family's desire was to be one and done?  Based on mock drafts, I assume that Ware is a certainty to go pro? 

2 hours ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I would love to have Pearl as our coach, but I don't know how the AD can sell that. I think it is very easy to sell May. You can go back to Woody's introductory press conference where he said, "we going to bridge the gap between old and new." You can say that it was always the plan for Woody to step aside when we have identified the right candidate to usher in a new era for Indiana basketball. Who better to do that than a young coach who grew up in Indiana, went to IU, and worked under Bob Knight and Mike Davis. That is an easy story to sell that allows Woody and the administration to save face. If they bring in Pearl, I don't know how you sell that as anything other than Woody didn't get the job done and Indiana is willing to eat their own.

We can build a big bronze bridge in front of SSAH, with Woody walking across..Biggie crown on his head…put a huge speed bump in the center of the bridge — ‘the inevitable hump’ and have a statue of Armon sitting in a comfortable chair on the other side—napping of course! 

Finally, it seems perfectly reasonable to negotiate the commission for said statue out of Woody’s $12M buyout.

I have a feeling we're going to reach 500 pages. What is the record for most pages? 

Think @Class of '66 Old Fart eluded to "fire Tom Crean" carrying that honor. It was like 1,200 or something

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Well, @Ngw7183 says we have 13 months so let's get going. We have nothing to lose. Lay it all on the line for one year.

I think a few hundred by season's end is a layup. Well on our way!

7 minutes ago, hper50 said:

I think the Fire CTC thread had over 1000

That thread was started on 1/4/2014 and was 1,065 pages long. If we have to wait 3 years from the start of this thread to IU firing Woodson, the length of this thread will make The Infinite Jest look like See Spot Run.