Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

I can't see the next year and change going any different than this:

Finish this season around 17-15

Woodson stays, gets a few guys in the portal that we all hype up that aren't that great

Next year has an 8 seed ceiling, below .500 floor

We will never be an elite basketball team under Mike Woodson. We can do this for another year or so that won't change. He seems like a good guy, not the right guy for this job. Does not put in the necessary effort to be elite. I have never been more confident that people's interest in IU basketball will be drained. People love to bring up the apathy card and usually it is total crap but I have actually for the first time in my life this year stopped caring if we win or lose because it just does not matter until a change is made. 

I have turned it into a joke.  Laughing more than caring.  I really don’t care if we win or lose. Remember jumping up and down when younger.   I turn on Purdue to watch good basketball nowadays.  Life of an IU basketball fan.  

1 hour ago, ISP said:

Not per se. My analysis of it was that he did not feel supported or wanted by either Woody or the staff in general. Again, that is my spin on it not something directly stated and that the family feels there may be greener grass elsewhere. 

They also added that it is well known amongst the players that there is going to be a number of big shake ups coming, sort of a come to Jesus you are either with us or against us decisions. I asked what the criteria is for "with vs against" and also asked if that was something that came from Woody or from above Woody and they said that part they weren't sure about. 

The only shakeup I am pulling for is at the top of the food chain here... Woodson...

It would interesting to hear if it is Gallo and why he would feel unsupported by Woodson after Woodson whiffed on starting guards from the portal because of Gallo... which makes that whole  narrative (new guards afraid to go up against X and Gallo) seem even more far-fetched.

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Woodson won't take another job - that would interfere with his nap time... and he needs the whole $12.5M for green fees, wine and cigars...

It'd interfere and, you know, that requires another team have any interest in him coaching. 

56 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Him and Hill will have to alternate then. Can't afford to have both napping at the same time.

Why not? They've both been pretty much asleep at the wheel for a couple of years now... all season long this year for sure...

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Why not? They've both been pretty much asleep at the wheel for a couple of years now... all season long this year for sure...

And we've seen the results, especially this year.

Has anyone checked Hill's pulse so we know they're not pulling a Weekend at Bernie's?

21 minutes ago, ISP said:

@Chris007 I just had Trilly check and someone on IU's staff 100% thinks that Trey is coming back next year. That tracks with Rabby, so clearly might be some dichotomy between each side. Regardless, I am a big Trey fan and hope he is back. A lot to play out over the next 4 weeks. 

This is the same staff that thinks after 24 games that we're a "young team", that "we just gotta get back to work" and "we just gotta get over the hump"... in other words, they have no freaking no clue what they are doing or what they know.

21 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Not saying he can’t be valuable. I’m saying he is an awful shooter. Beyond awful. We need shooting. Especially from the guard position. System isn’t going to fix Galloway’s awful form and tempo. 

Galloway shot .462 %from three last year.  This year he's at .282%.  You're right in that this year he is an awful shooter.  Last year shows there's an issue that can be fixed to regain his stroke.

16 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Would assume a lot of NIL $ is in favor of Woody staying.  

Not sure how that could possibly be true... but then again, I've been wrong before - lots of times.

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m just saying we’re going to do this for another year.

This is the disappointing reality as an IU bball fan. Pretty unbelievable we are giving him another year. I would feel different about next year if Woodson was 50 and had the time to learn, adapt, and become a good college bball coach. Reality is that he is 65 years old (feels like he is 70+), a very mediocre basketball coach, and at best has 2 years of coaching left in him. I have no confidence in him building a good roster this offseason through the portal when he has not show the ability to do so in 3 years. We have had 1 high-level consistent guard in 3 years under Woody and now people think he will be able to go out and land a bunch of shooters that will open our offense up next year. Highly unlikely.

Plenty of good college basketball jobs will open up and will be filled by the names of people we all want and likely would do well at IU. We are taking an enormous risk in bringing him back and praying it works. If fans feel this strongly about him now, I can't imagine what it would be like if things dont go well this offseason or the start of next year. Things could get very ugly. I truly feel bad for Scott Dolson because I feel like he understands a change should be made but does not seem to have the authority to make it even though his job is on the line. Appreciate the info you share regardless.

6 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Galloway shot .462 %from three last year.  This year he's at .282%.  You're right in that this year he is an awful shooter.  Last year shows there's an issue that can be fixed to regain his stroke.

He's only been a good shooter one year. I think it's more of water finding it's level.

So Dolson is going to say that Woody needs to get them over the hump next year? 
In all seriousness, I can't believe that this is where we are at. It's like an infinite loop of purgatory. 
But quinn will be in the meeting to defend Woodson. Basically nothing will change

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I can't see the next year and change going any different than this:

Finish this season around 17-15
Woodson stays, gets a few guys in the portal that we all hype up that aren't that great
Next year has an 8 seed ceiling, below .500 floor

We will never be an elite basketball team under Mike Woodson. We can do this for another year or so that won't change. He seems like a good guy, not the right guy for this job. Does not put in the necessary effort to be elite. I have never been more confident that people's interest in IU basketball will be drained. People love to bring up the apathy card and usually it is total crap but I have actually for the first time in my life this year stopped caring if we win or lose because it just does not matter until a change is made. 
Look at minnsota you can actually see real progress happening in year three and we are going the opposite direction. But yeah Woodson just needs a few more years to advance past the hump.

This is the same staff that thinks after 24 games that we're a "young team", that "we just gotta get back to work" and "we just gotta get over the hump"... in other words, they have no freaking no clue what they are doing or what they know.
There were be a few transfers hyped to no end this summer but for the most part there is no going o be much excitement heading into next season. Probably hardly any.

7 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

But quinn will be in the meeting to defend Woodson. Basically nothing will change

I'm so sick of this. Why do we even have an Athletic Director? It's just seems like over past 20 plus years we have other people meddling and micromanaging when it's not their job. Or we hire incompetent ADs who are just yes men to an administration that knows nothing about college sports. 

Other schools don't do this. Why do we?

38 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Crean took Max Bielfeldt as a grad transfer from Michigan for the 2015-16 season... 

Curious how feelings toward one of our own who left would differ from feelings for one who became one of our own...

But yeah, the Purdue angle would suck hard...

Galloway would be leaving voluntarily if he left.  Bielfeldt was not provided a scholarship at Michigan for his last year of eligibility.  Different imo.