Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

56 minutes ago, ISP said:

Not per se. My analysis of it was that he did not feel supported or wanted by either Woody or the staff in general. Again, that is my spin on it not something directly stated and that the family feels there may be greener grass elsewhere. 

They also added that it is well known amongst the players that there is going to be a number of big shake ups coming, sort of a come to Jesus you are either with us or against us decisions. I asked what the criteria is for "with vs against" and also asked if that was something that came from Woody or from above Woody and they said that part they weren't sure about. 

Yes I think there is going to be a big meeting at the end of the season between Dolson, Quinn, Woodson and whoever else. Dolson will lay out what needs to happen next season and Quinn & Woody is going to explain what went wrong and how it’s not their fault. Woody will also explain how he’s going to fix it and then he will be given next season.

I’m gonna say it…..I love Trey Galloway. He’ll always be a Hoosier imo. But he’s a shooting guard and cannot shoot worth a damn. Call me what you will but I won’t lose sleep over it, if we can bring in a better player. GWe desperately need consistent scoring from his position. He’s at best a 6th-7th man on a team that can compete. I’d love to upgrade and keep him coming off the bench. 

also don’t blame him for wanting greener pastures. I would too. I’ve said it before. If my kid had his pick of schools, as much as I love IU, there’s no way I’d advise him to play for IU. Not if winning and culture is important to him. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes I think there is going to be a big meeting at the end of the season between Dolson, Quinn, Woodson and whoever else. Dolson will lay out what needs to happen next season and Quinn & Woody is going to explain what went wrong and how it’s not their fault. Woody will also explain how he’s going to fix it and then he will be given next season.

I don’t know if I trust their fixes. 

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

I’m gonna say it…..I love Trey Galloway. He’ll always be a Hoosier imo. But he’s a shooting guard and cannot shoot worth a damn. Call me what you will but I won’t lose sleep over it, if we can bring in a better player. GWe desperately need consistent scoring from his position. He’s at best a 6th-7th man on a team that can compete. I’d love to upgrade and keep him coming off the bench. 

also don’t blame him for wanting greener pastures. I would too. I’ve said it before. If my kid had his pick of schools, as much as I love IU, there’s no way I’d advise him to play for IU. Not if winning and culture is important to him. 

Or it’s a system issue.  Woodson has no movement off the ball.  He has a ceiling in college and it isn’t very high.  The same thing we complain about the NBA fans complain about him.  Put Galloway in a system where he can be utilized for his strengths and you have a very valuable asset.  

1 minute ago, ISP said:

So Dolson is going to say that Woody needs to get them over the hump next year? 

In all seriousness, I can't believe that this is where we are at. It's like an infinite loop of purgatory. 

I’m just saying we’re going to do this for another year.

2 minutes ago, ISP said:

So Dolson is going to say that Woody needs to get them over the hump next year? 

In all seriousness, I can't believe that this is where we are at. It's like an infinite loop of purgatory. 

It’s Indiana basketball where Idiots run its. 

Just now, IUGRAD06 said:

Or it’s a system issue.  Woodson has no movement off the ball.  He has a ceiling in college and it isn’t very high.  The same thing we complain about the NBA fans complain about him.  Put Galloway in a system where he can be utilized for his strengths and you have a very valuable asset.  

Not saying he can’t be valuable. I’m saying he is an awful shooter. Beyond awful. We need shooting. Especially from the guard position. System isn’t going to fix Galloway’s awful form and tempo. 

3 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

I don’t know if I trust their fixes. 

I don’t think anyone does other than Woodson himself. I just think some hands are tied right now.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Woodson is going to do something you never see, 5 centers on the floor at once. What could possibly go wrong.

And we still won't be able to rebound.

I’m really hoping if Quinn, Woodson and Dolson sit down to talk it’s to say hey listen, we need to get this thing handed off to this guy waiting on the other side of this damn bridge, but I’ll do you a solid and we can come up with a way to make this look like you’ve done what we needed you to do for the program and are gracefully riding off into the sunset so the new guy can finish what your tried to start. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Not saying he can’t be valuable. I’m saying he is an awful shooter. Beyond awful. We need shooting. Especially from the guard position. System isn’t going to fix Galloway’s awful form and tempo. 

I think he is a decent shooter if he is getting the right shots and not getting high volumes.  It’s about him being set.  He isn’t prospering in this system because it doesn’t fit him.  I would bet that if Trey left he would contribute to a winning team, be a starter and do well.  Woodson always tries to fit a square into a round hole.  Doesn’t change nothing.  More Woodson than Trey. 

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

I don't know how I feel about someone playing at IU, graduating from IU, and then playing a final year of eligibility elsewhere.  Matt Haarms did that at Purdue.  I wonder if Haarms feels like part of the Purdue family or the BYU family?  How do Purdue teammates and fans perceive Haarms?  Matt Roth was recruited over by Crean (one of the things that soured me on Crean) and could have played a final year elsewhere.  I believe that I read that he chose not to because IU was his school.  Obviously, what I think doesn't really matter, but I would certainly think less highly of a player that chooses to play their final season elsewhere. 

Crean took Max Bielfeldt as a grad transfer from Michigan for the 2015-16 season... 

Curious how feelings toward one of our own who left would differ from feelings for one who became one of our own...

But yeah, the Purdue angle would suck hard...

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

I’m really hoping if Quinn, Woodson and Dolson sit down to talk it’s to say hey listen, we need to get this thing handed off to this guy waiting on the other side of this damn bridge, but I’ll do you a solid and we can come up with a way to make this look like you’ve done what we needed you to do for the program and are gracefully riding off into the sunset so the new guy can finish what your tried to start. 

Woodson: yeah, about that....the bridge needs rebuilt....

39 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Let's go easy on the Trey talk.  I'm not saying he won't leave, hell the whole team could leave.  But there's still a lot of games left to play and let's not rush to throw him out the door.  

Are there chemistry issues in the locker room?  Has anyone heard anything?  Guys with different agendas? Too many laid back personalities?  More worried about showcasing players for the NBA than winning?  Are there too many offense-oriented guys and not enough role players?

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

It won't end up being the whole 12.5 million.  I'm sure there is offset language so we will be off the hook for some salary when Woodson is hired at another school.  DWS

Woodson won't take another job - that would interfere with his nap time... and he needs the whole $12.5M for green fees, wine and cigars...

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t think anyone does other than Woodson himself. I just think some hands are tied right now.

Would assume a lot of NIL $ is in favor of Woody staying.