Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 hours ago, IUGRAD06 said:

I have turned it into a joke.  Laughing more than caring.  I really don’t care if we win or lose. Remember jumping up and down when younger.   I turn on Purdue to watch good basketball nowadays.  Life of an IU basketball fan.  

Or you could turn on the IU women's games. Now that's good basketball, and still IU!

24 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

How about we ask Pearl, Oats, or another big name and if they say no we hire May and have two head coaches here next season. Dusty coach offense and Woody coach defense . Woodson can retire after next season.

Why would we want Woody to coach the defense? So we can keep getting torched from 3?

7 minutes ago, J34 said:

Or you could turn on the IU women's games. Now that's good basketball, and still IU!

I do that as well.  I was talking to a friend saying we are the old Purdue where the women’s product was so much better than the men’s.  They are is now where the men’s is better than the women’s 

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

I always said hiring one of your own was going to make for a very difficult situation if they underachieved. But they just had to have an iu guy.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Not only that. Dolson is an IU guy…. Buckner an IU guy….. Woodson an IU guy……. George Carlin’s quote about there being a big club and we’re not in it, seems appropriate here. 

Heck, at the rate everyone is going, this thread will read 200 by the end of the month.  I just can’t believe some of the stuff I am reading, from Woodson getting 1 more year, Trey having a possibility to transfer to Turdue, to hiring May as the offensive coordinator and Woodson as the defensive coordinator.  Because of all the issues and trouble this program is end, Dolson needs to tell Buckner to go fly a kite and let him run the Athletic Department.  Then he needs to kick Woodson to the Curb, and go out and get the coach you want, whether that be May, Pearl, Oats, etc.  I would like to see Oats, but May seems like he could be the long term choice and I wouldn’t mind Pearl, even though he’s only 3 years younger than Woodson, he’s a far cry better coach than Woodson, he knows what type of players to recruit to fit his system and style of play, and I could see him coaching until he’s at least 70.  That is 7 years of getting the program back on track of winning basketball, talking about a very nice bridge

4 hours ago, JF87 said:

I don't know how I feel about someone playing at IU, graduating from IU, and then playing a final year of eligibility elsewhere.  Matt Haarms did that at Purdue.  I wonder if Haarms feels like part of the Purdue family or the BYU family?  How do Purdue teammates and fans perceive Haarms?  Matt Roth was recruited over by Crean (one of the things that soured me on Crean) and could have played a final year elsewhere.  I believe that I read that he chose not to because IU was his school.  Obviously, what I think doesn't really matter, but I would certainly think less highly of a player that chooses to play their final season elsewhere. 

Isn’t he the one who knowingly spread syphilis around campus like apple butter, and then got sued for it by many of his victims? I would say that makes him feel intimately a part of the Purdue family!! Syphilis you keep for your long livens, that sounds like a solid family commitment to me.

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

False!  I have nobody on mute.  I enjoy reading the crazy

I have everyone on mute. I thought this was just a crazy blog I created when I was on mescaline. What is happening right now? I had this crazy nightmare that we are bringing Woody back. Someone please talk me down.

20 hours ago, coonhounds said:

No need to attack. He just posting like all of us. Nobody is more right than anyone else lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

No the people who from day 1 said Woodson wasn’t a serious hire are definitely more right. Archie you could squint real hard and see some logic to it but Woodson was literally they asked who wanted the job and he raised his hand. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think most IU fans watch the women’s team. They play a great style of basketball. A true 4 out 1 in offense. No reason this can’t be the men every season.

I run 4 out 1 in with the 7th/8th grade team I coach and won the Indy City Championship last week (it was all me, not my dynamic point guard or the 6’3 7th grader I have on the inside). Woody makes $4.2M, I will take the job for a cool $4.1M

2 hours ago, Deserthoozier said:

Isn’t he the one who knowingly spread syphilis around campus like apple butter, and then got sued for it by many of his victims? I would say that makes him feel intimately a part of the Purdue family!! Syphilis you keep for your long livens, that sounds like a solid family commitment to me.

No, that was Isaac Haas that was sued for that.

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Heck, at the rate everyone is going, this thread will read 200 by the end of the month.  I just can’t believe some of the stuff I am reading, from Woodson getting 1 more year, Trey having a possibility to transfer to Turdue, to hiring May as the offensive coordinator and Woodson as the defensive coordinator.  Because of all the issues and trouble this program is end, Dolson needs to tell Buckner to go fly a kite and let him run the Athletic Department.  Then he needs to kick Woodson to the Curb, and go out and get the coach you want, whether that be May, Pearl, Oats, etc.  I would like to see Oats, but May seems like he could be the long term choice and I wouldn’t mind Pearl, even though he’s only 3 years younger than Woodson, he’s a far cry better coach than Woodson, he knows what type of players to recruit to fit his system and style of play, and I could see him coaching until he’s at least 70.  That is 7 years of getting the program back on track of winning basketball, talking about a very nice bridge

Oats doesn’t seem like a realistic target but he probably has the highest ceiling at Indiana than anyone I can think of, outside of Brad Stevens. I’ve warmed up quite a bit to the idea of Dusty May as well. I just don’t see him getting things going very quickly and frankly I’m really burnt out from waiting for a winner. More than I ever have been. I have no clue when our next game is. I don’t even care to know honestly. Oats can maximize every ounce of upside potential here. 

with that said, I would be happy with May. He seems like he has a genuine love and passion for the state, the program, and basketball in general. I don’t get the sense he would lack energy for the job, so that’s an upgrade at this point. 

If paying a penance is required and paying our penance means we have to hire a young guy then let him have 2-3 years before we start to experience being competitive, then so be it. Waiting to make that move just sets the timeline back even further. 

sounds like Woodson is getting another year come hell or high water. He needs to have a miracle offseason. 

Oats doesn’t seem like a realistic target but he probably has the highest ceiling at Indiana than anyone I can think of, outside of Brad Stevens. I’ve warmed up quite a bit to the idea of Dusty May as well. I just don’t see him getting things going very quickly and frankly I’m really burnt out from waiting for a winner. More than I ever have been. I have no clue when our next game is. I don’t even care to know honestly. Oats can maximize every ounce of upside potential here. 

with that said, I would be happy with May. He seems like he has a genuine love and passion for the state, the program, and basketball in general. I don’t get the sense he would lack energy for the job, so that’s an upgrade at this point. 

If paying a penance is required and paying our penance means we have to hire a young guy then let him have 2-3 years before we start to experience being competitive, then so be it. Waiting to make that move just sets the timeline back even further. 

sounds like Woodson is getting another year come hell or high water. He needs to have a miracle offseason. 
Everyone is spinning that narrative that Woodson is getting another year no matter what happens. I would agree Everyone is saying he is right now at this point. That is what they are supposed to do! There is alot of basketball to play yet. Woodson can save and he very likely can lose his job imo. He is not Hitting the standards they said they wanted when they fired crean Archie and hired Woodson. He'll Woodson said he understood you had to win here. He said he knew why the fans weren't happy. Well he is in jeopardy of really making a mockery of the program. If he understood I think he could step down. If the season really goes off the rails I believe we will move on. Lots of different scenarios at play. Imo if they have a person in mind then we may move on from Woodson to not lose that person.

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

Honestly with the transfer portal, it won’t take any coach long to start producing a winner. Besides being much better coaches; the real difference between them and Woodson, they have a clear direction on what type of system they are running and what type of players they need to play in them.  Woodson clear recruiting tactic is to try and recruit the highest rated players possible, no matter if they fit a what he thinks is his style of play 

23 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Everyone is spinning that narrative that Woodson is getting another year no matter what happens. I would agree Everyone is saying he is right now at this point. That is what they are supposed to do! There is alot of basketball to play yet. Woodson can save and he very likely can lose his job imo. He is not Hitting the standards they said they wanted when they fired crean Archie and hired Woodson. He'll Woodson said he understood you had to win here. He said he knew why the fans weren't happy. Well he is in jeopardy of really making a mockery of the program. If he understood I think he could step down. If the season really goes off the rails I believe we will move on. Lots of different scenarios at play. Imo if they have a person in mind then we may move on from Woodson to not lose that person.

His ego and stubbornness will not allow him to go quietly into the night!  He will go away kicking and screaming like a child throwing a tantrum!

20 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

His ego and stubbornness will not allow him to go quietly into the night!  He will go away kicking and screaming like a child throwing a tantrum!

This is the extremely likely ending to this nightmare.