Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I'm so sick of this. Why do we even have an Athletic Director? It's just seems like over past 20 plus years we have other people meddling and micromanaging when it's not their job. Or we hire incompetent ADs who are just yes men to an administration that knows nothing about college sports. 
Other schools don't do this. Why do we?

I always said hiring one of your own was going to make for a very difficult situation if they underachieved. But they just had to have an iu guy.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I always said hiring one of your own was going to make for a very difficult situation if they underachieved. But they just had to have an iu guy.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I read that Michigan is going to keep Howard another year.  They don't want to alienate the Fab Five fans.  

59 minutes ago, ISP said:

So Dolson is going to say that Woody needs to get them over the hump next year? 

In all seriousness, I can't believe that this is where we are at. It's like an infinite loop of purgatory. 

I think purgatory would be better! We are in basketball hell!

1 hour ago, ISP said:

Yes, that math was something I was wondering too. But just to be clear before any wild rumors circulate, it was not stated as this is something that is happening, but instead as a certain person with super high basketball IQ (I know who this is but for privacy sake not naming them) has developed a relationship with Painter and feels very highly of him and would love to see Trey play for him. 

Couple that with the previous info I was told (from the same person) a few weeks ago which was that multiple school are recruiting Trey away for his final season and that a few of them are big hitters NIL wise. 

Add to that, today info that Trey will for sure be going through senior night.. 

Race went through senior night and then came back

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Yes I think there is going to be a big meeting at the end of the season between Dolson, Quinn, Woodson and whoever else. Dolson will lay out what needs to happen next season and Quinn & Woody is going to explain what went wrong and how it’s not their fault. Woody will also explain how he’s going to fix it and then he will be given next season.

How would Quinn knows what went wrong since he has no real time to watch the games

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Would assume a lot of NIL $ is in favor of Woody staying.  

Can we start a GoFundMe? I can put together a video of long-suffering IU fans over Sarah McLachlan singing Angel. We can probably get her to do a Cameo voiceover saying something like, "For the price of a cup of coffee you can rescue these unfortunate souls from unimaginable circumstances. Won't you contribute today to save these victims from their unbearable suffering?" We can work on the script. Who is with me?

34 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

He's only been a good shooter one year. I think it's more of water finding it's level.

He wasn't a particularly strong 3 point shooter in HS either. Last year was an anomaly. With that said, we ask so much of him this season that in terms of playing some point, guarding the other teams best 2-3, jumping passing lanes, etc. that it's no surprise his shooting numbers have taken a dip. Last year we had an All American big and a first round PG who could find him in open spot up situations. 

Just now, ISP said:

He wasn't a particularly strong 3 point shooter in HS either. Last year was an anomaly. With that said, we ask so much of him this season that in terms of playing some point, guarding the other teams best 2-3, jumping passing lanes, etc. that it's no surprise his shooting numbers have taken a dip. Last year we had an All American big and a first round PG who could find him in open spot up situations. 

Not much of a FT shooter either. Granted most of the team isn't.

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

Galloway shot .462 %from three last year.  This year he's at .282%.  You're right in that this year he is an awful shooter.  Last year shows there's an issue that can be fixed to regain his stroke.

You’re taking the career exception and making your point. I’ve tried this before and fall flat on my face each time. Look at his other 3 years… look at his form. We need to get better at his position. 

I remember a few years ago I got lambasted for saying that we would never be competitive with Robert Phinisee and Al Durham. We tend to build these emotional bonds with these players and let it cloud our judgement. 

like I said…… Galloway being an energy and effort guy off the bench is ideal. If he’s expected to have a bigger role than that, we simply won’t be good enough to move the needle offensively. 

10 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

You’re taking the career exception and making your point. I’ve tried this before and fall flat on my face each time. Look at his other 3 years… look at his form. We need to get better at his position. 

I remember a few years ago I got lambasted for saying that we would never be competitive with Robert Phinisee and Al Durham. We tend to build these emotional bonds with these players and let it cloud our judgement. 

like I said…… Galloway being an energy and effort guy off the bench is ideal. If he’s expected to have a bigger role than that, we simply won’t be good enough to move the needle offensively. 

We can agree to disagree. Galloway shot 65 threes last year and hit 30.  Assuming 5 were lucky bounces, that would still be 25 of 65 which is approximately 39%.  The difference in shooting from year to year is most likely mechanics which can and should be fixed.  

How about we ask Pearl, Oats, or another big name and if they say no we hire May and have two head coaches here next season. Dusty coach offense and Woody coach defense . Woodson can retire after next season.

52 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

"You see Quinn, there was this hump.  I pushed them and I climbed it myself and tried to pull them over, but the hump was just too big for them."

This is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on BTB. Hilarious.