Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

53 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Honestly with the transfer portal, it won’t take any coach long to start producing a winner. Besides being much better coaches; the real difference between them and Woodson, they have a clear direction on what type of system they are running and what type of players they need to play in them.  Woodson clear recruiting tactic is to try and recruit the highest rated players possible, no matter if they fit a what he thinks is his style of play 

Exactly on point, this is why there is no consistency to our play!

42 minutes ago, ISP said:

Trilly reached out to someone close to Pearl today and asked if the IU job opened up would Pearl be interested. The response back was “the IU job definitely means a little more to him”.

Stop hiring the olds! Dusty May!!

8 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Stop hiring the olds! Dusty May!!

Young Brucie is a spry 63. He’s got a solid 8-10 years left and he could ignite one helluva ride pretty quickly. Even if we got 6 or so good years of a Young Brucie ride, we’d be primed for a 52 year old Dusty May who has 6 years of power 5 coaching under his belt if we wanted him. 

9 hours ago, AH1971 said:

In all honesty, assuming this is Trey Galloway to Purdue, where is Purdue getting the open scholarship to even entertain the idea of adding Trey Galloway? Purdue HAS to force someone out as is just to admit all 6 incoming freshman. And where does Galloway even fit on that team next year? I guess he could take Lance Jones spot in the rotation, but where does that leave Myles Colvin, Kanon Catchings, etc?

Not doubting what you have said/heard, I just don't think the logistics make any sense. I just don't think Painter has stockpiled all these guards and wings to get a one year rental out of Trey Galloway. 

He doesn't need it.  

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Let's go easy on the Trey talk.  I'm not saying he won't leave, hell the whole team could leave.  But there's still a lot of games left to play and let's not rush to throw him out the door.  

True, and as hard as it is to say, he's put in his 4 years. He's fullfilled his obligation.  Without Covid, he'd be moving on.  Now, anyone but Purdon't please.  

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yes I think there is going to be a big meeting at the end of the season between Dolson, Quinn, Woodson and whoever else. Dolson will lay out what needs to happen next season and Quinn & Woody is going to explain what went wrong and how it’s not their fault. Woody will also explain how he’s going to fix it and then he will be given next season.

And then Dolson better be on a plane to Boca.  :)  

5 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Young Brucie is a spry 63. He’s got a solid 8-10 years left and he could ignite one helluva ride pretty quickly. Even if we got 6 or so good years of a Young Brucie ride, we’d be primed for a 52 year old Dusty May who has 6 years of power 5 coaching under his belt if we wanted him. 

Young Brucie LOL

I anticipate that we'll win on Sunday.  Imo, it is a must win game tomorrow for coach Woodson.  We've had a week to prepare, Northwestern is bad on the road, and they no longer have Ty Berry. We've been embarrassed at home against Purdue and Penn State.  That should never happen and can't happen again.  If it does, Woodson and Dolson might hear some boos from the crowd on Sunday.  

47 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I anticipate that we'll win on Sunday.  Imo, it is a must win game tomorrow for coach Woodson.  We've had a week to prepare, Northwestern is bad on the road, and they no longer have Ty Berry. We've been embarrassed at home against Purdue and Penn State.  That should never happen and can't happen again.  If it does, Woodson and Dolson might hear some boos from the crowd on Sunday.  

Boo Buie is the type of guard that we struggle against.  I am expecting a loss but am honestly kind of indifferent.   You want to win but I don't feel it really matters.  We aren't going to be playing in the tournament this year and we are no threat to do anything of note in conference so this is really just playing out the string with a team that is going to be half gone next year.

I don't even know if I will be bothered to watch.

I say if Pearl is interested, you get him. Even if it is only for 6 or so years. I’m not the biggest Pearl fan, but he could definitely have us rolling sooner than later! Get a solid foundation built again to turn over to the next coach. Hell, might even get a championship along the way! A win, win for both!

4 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Wearing black is fitting for the slow dying of this season and once proud program. I love my Hoosiers, but until we have a younger coach with a more modern approach, the slow dying will continue.

We as fans have been slow dying for the last 25 years, getting a younger coach won’t cure that, because Archie Miller was young.  Getting the right coach, young or older is what we need. We need a coach who can win now and consistently