Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

12 hours ago, ISP said:

Trilly reached out to someone close to Pearl today and asked if the IU job opened up would Pearl be interested. The response back was “the IU job definitely means a little more to him”.

Good Lord.

This makes me very excited but at the same annoyed if the IU administration never reached out to him in the past.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Woodson on a list of failed experiments after 3 years and some still want to give him more time; unfortunately some of those people are in the IU administration.

“But the media will call the fanbase impatient!” 

Yeah, so much worse than the media clowning us for being terrible. 

Actually one of our biggest haters, Parrish on CBSpod, endorsed Indiana moving on from Woodson. I am sure it will be used by ammo against us by a few but most people would understand.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is the one thing I feel is different this time around. I can’t really find anyone in the media that isn’t associated with IU saying Woodson needs another year. 

2 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

This is the one thing I feel is different this time around. I can’t really find anyone in the media that isn’t associated with IU saying Woodson needs another year. 

Yet IU will give him time to avoid the black eye of firing a program legend and to not look like meanies.

5 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

There really are zero basketball-related reasons to bring him back. Dolson himself would probably agree with that. The results speak for themselves. It’s all the extra stuff and the “perception” that would come from firing him that’s causing some to argue for a fourth season.  And all of that would be forgotten immediately if you go out and hire Bruce Pearl. 

There really are zero basketball-related reasons to bring him back. Dolson himself would probably agree with that. The results speak for themselves. It’s all the extra stuff and the “perception” that would come from firing him that’s causing some to argue for a fourth season.  And all of that would be forgotten immediately if you go out and hire Bruce Pearl. 
All another year does is set us back another year but I would expect nothing less from iu

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Woodson on a list of failed experiments after 3 years and some still want to give him more time; unfortunately some of those people are in the IU administration.
It was a failed experiment the moment he was hired. The odds of it ever working were very small.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Basically, let's keep the main thing... the main thing. Do what's best from a basketball perspective and let the rest work itself out. Success on the court has to be the first and most heavily weighted priority. There's really no reason to believe right now that a 4th year with Woody has us on the right track. I just want to look forward to watching IUBB again instead of it being the chore this year has been and next year looks to be shaping up at the moment.

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Yep.  What were they thinking?

I think Ohio State should hire Chris Jent immediately. In fact, I think every college basketball team should hire a former alum with no college coaching experience, except for IU. We should hire Pearl, and laugh at all the other teams repeating our mistake.

I think Ohio State should hire Chris Jent immediately. In fact, I think every college basketball team should hire a former alum with no college coaching experience, except for IU. We should hire Pearl, and laugh at all the other teams repeating our mistake.

We need to hire Wittman next or maybe Kent benson. I would say benson need to try a guy a bit older.

21 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Well, that dream was short lived.  Back on the Dusty train.  

We've spent more than that just to make bad coaches go away. Spending that to make a good one come here would be a refreshing change of pace IMO.

Although if IU was going to drop that I'd prefer it be to get Oats away from Bama.

I don’t think I buy the narrative that this would be too soon or unwarranted and the media coverage seems to agree. This is such a different situation than with TC. We got dragged nationally for that for thinking our program was better than occasionally winning the B1G and making sweet sixteens. Woody, for now, has the program in a marginally better position than when Archie was fired. Any momentum would be squandered keeping him any longer.