Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but IU is not going to pay Woodson 12 million to leave, buyout Pearl for 17 million, then have to pay Pearl at least 6 million a year since he makes 5.5 at Auburn. We don’t have that kind of money.

Then take out a loan.  Doing this would triple your money easy.  Dammit, it's easy math

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Portal: Nope... missed on every shooter and guard that he went after last time...

HS: Hardly. Malik and JHS for last season. This year got MBako and Cupps.  Throw in Banks and Gunn to bring that down...

Headed into next year, he has signed 1 of the many he's recruited: Liam. Missed on Boogie, Missed on Flory, missed on Harper and ready to whiff on Haralson, Sisley and Mullins.

He's looking at a significant roster turnover next season and has locked down one player. 

And as others have stated repeatedly, Woodson has not signed a guard in over 27 months...

What a bang up job with recruiting...

Flory..when he came to recruit him in Kokomo, Woodson didn't know anything about him, including his name.

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Portal: so a guy has to hit on all the portal targets? MR, Ware, MM, X, Tamar Bates, Miller Kopp, all very good gets but miss on his guards and he is not good in the portal  

I do not disagree about him missing on guards and or over valuing what we had but even a very good recruiter does not get em all  

Hope you are happy with the next guy. 

You have to get enough to put a competitive team on the floor.  Things would look a whole lot different if he had 3-4 high school kids ready for next year to build a foundation.  One kid isn’t getting it done.  It’s not a hard plan — 3-4 good HS recruits each year and then supplement in the portal to fill holes.  

19 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Flory..when he came to recruit him in Kokomo, Woodson didn't know anything about him, including his name.

Referred to him as Kory instead of Flory...I'd forgotten about that one. I was assured at the time that butchering a recruit's name was no big deal and wouldn't factor into his decision, although this was when we were still in the honeymoon phase of the Woodson era. 

Portal: so a guy has to hit on all the portal targets? MR, Ware, MM, X, Tamar Bates, Miller Kopp, all very good gets but miss on his guards and he is not good in the portal   I do not disagree about him missing on guards and or over valuing what we had but even a very good recruiter does not get em all  

Hope you are happy with the next guy. 

Mm and Bates were hs recruits not portal transfers. They were simply spring guys. You cannot count on the portal its a total crap shoot. He got ware but sparks and Walker are hardly huge portal grabs. He will need several ware types this spring minimum. Guys like sparks aren't going to move the needle

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Referred to him as Kory instead of Flory...I'd forgotten about that one. I was assured at the time that butchering a recruit's name was no big deal and wouldn't factor into his decision, although this was when we were still in the honeymoon phase of the Woodson era. 

Ugh...sunshine pumpers can't be trusted

While Woodson did deliver a pair of NCAA Tournament appearances in his first two years, year three has been a disaster – and after a deflating 14 point loss to lowly Penn State on Saturday, it is fair to wonder if the 65-year-old is already on the hot seat.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, hoosierbannerd said:

I wonder if one was to have a conversation today with Coach Woodson if he could tell you more about what is going on in the NBA today than college or high school basketball?  Great college basketball coaches have to be college basketball junkies.  I don't perceive Coach Woodson as a college basketball junkie based on what I've read or heard.  

I wonder if one was to have a conversation today with Coach Woodson if he could tell you more about what is going on in the NBA today than college or high school basketball?  Great college basketball coaches have to be college basketball junkies.  I don't perceive Coach Woodson as a college basketball junkie based on what I've read or heard.  

No matter how anyone spins it, Mike Woodson will never be confused with a “great basketball coach”, college or otherwise.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Seriously?

Yuuup..I was with my XC team at the old football field across from Memorial Gym when Woodson and the assistants were there. My first thought.."you were on an almost 2 hr drive from Bloomington to Kokomo and you do no background prep work on the way?" WTF?