Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

A week or two ago I made a post about one of our favorite players not being happy and considering options next season. Another poster said that Rabby indicated that vaguely might not be true. I just got some follow information confirming what I was originally told. Only a few more variables involved meaning things have progressed. 1 of those being that this player plans to take part in senior night. The other being a school he is being pushed to by certain people that, lets just say would ******* suck. 

2 minutes ago, ISP said:

I week or two ago I made a post about one of our favorite players not being happy and considering options next season. Another poster said that Rabby indicated that vaguely might not be true. I just got some follow information confirming what I was originally told. Only a few more variables involved meaning things have progressed. 1 of those being that this player plans to take part in senior night. The other being a school he is being pushed to by certain people that, lets just say would ******* suck. 

So Trey Galloway is probably going to Purdue then.

That would be a colossal kick to the nuts.

4 minutes ago, ISP said:

I week or two ago I made a post about one of our favorite players not being happy and considering options next season. Another poster said that Rabby indicated that vaguely might not be true. I just got some follow information confirming what I was originally told. Only a few more variables involved meaning things have progressed. 1 of those being that this player plans to take part in senior night. The other being a school he is being pushed to by certain people that, lets just say would ******* suck. 

Trying to decipher this...if we have to play Galloway with him in black and gold next year I'll puke. 

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

@ISP, saw you deleted pretty quick but tue evidence is already there.  Galloway is probably the only player that fits but I can think of several schools that would suck.  That isn't my question though, do we know what this particular player is not happy with?

6 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

"Probably" indicates something that is "very likely". 

I would use the phrase, "being explored" instead. 

The concern I have, is that those that matter the most in this are nudging. 

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

@ISP, saw you deleted pretty quick but tue evidence is already there.  Galloway is probably the only player that fits but I can think of several schools that would suck.  That isn't my question though, do we know what this particular player is not happy with?

He probably hates losing and having a coach who has no idea what he is doing.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Go easy on Trey.  Don't think he's packed his suitcase just yet.  As for Senior Night, in the current environment every senior should probably got through the experience regardless of their plans for next year.  

Can we get Woodson to do it too?

8 minutes ago, ISP said:

"Probably" indicates something that is "very likely". 

I would use the phrase, "being explored" instead. 

The concern I have, is that those that matter the most in this are nudging. 

Would suck.

After Trey Galloway committed to Indiana, his mom put all his Purdue T-shirts out on the front lawn for other kids to wear. "We didn't need them anymore,'' she said.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/recruiting/indiana-basketball-recruiting-trey-galloway-family-affair

6 minutes ago, ISP said:

I don't know how I feel about someone playing at IU, graduating from IU, and then playing a final year of eligibility elsewhere.  Matt Haarms did that at Purdue.  I wonder if Haarms feels like part of the Purdue family or the BYU family?  How do Purdue teammates and fans perceive Haarms?  Matt Roth was recruited over by Crean (one of the things that soured me on Crean) and could have played a final year elsewhere.  I believe that I read that he chose not to because IU was his school.  Obviously, what I think doesn't really matter, but I would certainly think less highly of a player that chooses to play their final season elsewhere. 

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

Mike Woodson needs $12.5M to pack Mike Woodson's bags.

Or maybe he'll get the Tom Allen treatment and leave a little on the table in order to get $10 million or so by the time summer rolls around. 

One more buyout Dolson, you can do it! 

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

And you just know he'd hit 50% from 3 on the year and 6-9 against IU.

Ha I was thinking this is a great way to ensure he hits 3s in Assembly Hall next year.

For the record I wouldn't hold it against him at all. He's from that area and they have it together more than we do right now.

14 minutes ago, ISP said:

A week or two ago I made a post about one of our favorite players not being happy and considering options next season. Another poster said that Rabby indicated that vaguely might not be true. I just got some follow information confirming what I was originally told. Only a few more variables involved meaning things have progressed. 1 of those being that this player plans to take part in senior night. The other being a school he is being pushed to by certain people that, lets just say would ******* suck. 

You can say I’m the other poster. I don’t take offense. I totally believe what you’re saying. I was just passing along what was said over there. That’s what is great about this site everyone shares what they hear. Trey has earned the right to do whatever he wants in my book.