Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

9 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

We can be on same page here. Maybe even on Cupps thing too if I read you but not sure I want to go there and start another fire. 

I just struggle with who we can get. I have always been of assumption that until we can get “that guy” we can move on. I think that may be exactly what has happened.

You can think Dusty can be successful at a P5 while also knowing great chance he can’t be here. We can’t move on to move on.

Just for my personal reference -- If you go back and see my posting history, I've been the last guy that has wanted to move on from coaches in the past (except Tom Allen) and in some cases I didn't think we should have.  I personally thought that when we moved on from Crean we shouldn't have moved on as quickly as we did -- we were one year removed from a Big Ten Championship.  Archie Miller I was just more upset that it didn't work out.  I still say that on paper Archie Miller should have worked out but it didn't.  The hiring of Woodson seemed strange but if you go back on my timeline you'll see I was all for giving it a chance.  Mike Davis ended up losing support of the some in the fan base for his failure to recruit Indiana, but that is something I really haven't felt was that improtant.  If you can play I don't care if you are from Mars.

And yet here I am with Woodson saying we've seen enough after three years.  I see in no way him ever addressing or fixing what is wrong.  To me you can either give a guy who you know isn't the answer and then try to bring someone into an even more damaged product or you move on now.  Next guy may or may not have it, but in my estimation that is better then sticking with something you know doesn't and refuses to listen or answer to legitimate questions.

9 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I don't put much stock in what trilly says lately. One day he had pearl to iu a done deal. Then he had our whole roster leaving. He is all over the place

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Trilly had said the Trey rumors weren't true a couple of weeks ago but later made some general statements about IU players that didn't seem to be as definitive.  Whoever Trilly is, he isn't changing his mind -- he is going with the most up to date information he's been given.  I'd much rather that occur than just sticking with a statement despite conflicting info coming out.

4 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I can't keep up with 13000+ posts of the same stuff. Can someone give me a synopsis?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

It was Quinn Buckner and Mike Woodson with the candlestick in the conservatory.

Anyway, if its 13000 posts of the same stuff, just read one.  Why would you need a synopsis?

Trilly had said the Trey rumors weren't true a couple of weeks ago but later made some general statements about IU players that didn't seem to be as definitive.  Whoever Trilly is, he isn't changing his mind -- he is going with the most up to date information he's been given.  I'd much rather that occur than just sticking with a statement despite conflicting info coming out.
Seems like some take everything he says as gospel. The invisible man trilly he is like a ghost.

You don’t come to IU and say you’re going to compete for Big Ten and National Championships then by the end of year 3 you’re not making the tournament. We’re on the bubble for the NIT. 

Add in recruiting is a disaster. Don’t go to HS or AAU games, don’t know anyone’s name. 

Just need a full reset.
It was like glass saying he wanted to compete for national titlesand then hires archie.

You don’t come to IU and say you’re going to compete for Big Ten and National Championships then by the end of year 3 you’re not making the tournament. We’re on the bubble for the NIT. 

Add in recruiting is a disaster. Don’t go to HS or AAU games, don’t know anyone’s name. 

Just need a full reset.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

I can't believe some are still blaming the fans. That is total and complete BS. Well, sort of. 

The fans saying things was clearly just the last straw for someone who, IMO, was likely to de-commit anyway given the piss poor trajectory of our program. Wherever this kid goes in his career - college, NBA, G-League, abroad, you name it - there are going to be people criticizing him and saying negative things directed straight at him. When he's a pro you can't just run to mommy and daddy and say I don't want to play here, the fans are mean. Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows - suck it up. 

Now, I don't think the way some fans act helps at all but it certainly isn't the reason Liam de-committed and isn't the reason we don't have a big name coach - that's total BS. I personally don't think we've ever really tried outside of Brad Stevens who was a long shot to begin with. It's rare coaches come back from the NBA, outside of Woody and that should also tell you something (no one in the NBA wants him either). 

Liam will make money wherever he goes - fact - so we can't say KU or wherever he goes just threw more money at him. But if you were Liam and had the chance to make high six figures at IU and probably not go to the tournament, have no idea who you're going to be playing with, and play for a coach with an outdated style or Bill Self @ KU making the same amount of $$$ (if not more) and compete for a National Championship, be more in the National spotlight, etc - where are you going?

The decision he made was easy and it was the right one. Blaming the fans is a BS excuse and if Woody and his team actually fed that crap to HH or anyone else in the media, WTF, man? It's like he wants to go to war with the fans bc we're calling him out for his poor leadership and failure to carve a path to a consistent winner/title contender - that's ALL we want and have wanted for decades. We're pissed and if nothing changes, we'll be getting more of the same mediocrity. The fans being pissed is totally warranted - we deserve better. But taking to instagram and littering a kid's posts with negative comments - yeah - that crap needs to stop. 

If Woodson wants to go to war with the fanbase, tomorrow’s game is a perfect place to start.  Let the Boo Birds out and let them boo extremely loud and extremely clear!!!

Can you imagine how electric Assembly Hall would be if May was coaching and had a team that could shoot like FAU? It would be deafening. A modern day Branch McCracken Hurryin' Hoosiers.
Iu admins are too dumb to hire may. They would probably hire Michael Lewis over him and say we needed an iu guy. May is going to kill it somewhere else next year.

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I disagree with this. He’s a typical 4 star tour freshman making and adjusting as they do. You are ignoring some of the early games he competed well on defense against some solid competition. He’s also gotten to a respectable 35% from 3. Low attempts but solid for a freshman who was a reluctant shooter at first.  

It’ll be mostly academic if Woody comes back, imo. But if he transfers, you’ll see him pop up and play at a solid program. He’s the type of 4yr solid rotation guy you like to keep as a piece even if you’re adding in the portal. You can only add so much every year. 

I want this to be true, I just personally don’t see it. And based on even your assertion, his defense has regressed as well as his decision making. He has 100% shown flashes, I just don’t see a starting PG, and that’s his role here going forward pending the portal. He certainly can provide minutes, but he has been abused off the dribble against more athletic guards to include fellow freshmen. Also I don’t think I was clear I 100% don’t want him to transfer, I just don’t envision his role here the way he’s been used, that was more my point is Woody not using him in ways that put him a position to succeed.