Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

This isn’t about missing on recruits. Again, why can’t we accept it is a problem and our best years in modern times came when the fans backed off. 

What the hell does that even mean, “back off”??? OSU and Michigan fans aren’t “backing off” and they have had 10 times more success than IU in the last 5-10 years. 

Woodson is going to get fired next year because he is a TERRIBLE college basketball coach, not because of the “mean” fans.

7 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

This isn’t about missing on recruits. Again, why can’t we accept it is a problem and our best years in modern times came when the fans backed off. 

What? Not sure how you are defining modern times, but no school with an elite program, whether it’s basketball or football, would put up with what’s gone on at IU. I live in Georgia and if UGA had two years of 7-5, that coach is gone. And no one would blame the fans.

IU fans have actually put up with too much mediocrity. If anything IU fans don’t have high enough expectations.

24 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Can just be one of the things that has to improve. Multiple things can be true.

13 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

He also liked this tweet. Multiple things can be true at once on so many things. 

10 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

All can be true. 

Not true, when Crean came in, everyone backed off and new it would take awhile. We were rewarded few years later. Best team we have had in many years. 

You can still want Woody fired and admit this. They are not exclusive.
Nobody Backed off! We were excited and were building a program back up! We mostly all knew it was going to take time. Those first couple years weren't great but those kids were competing hard and playing pretty decent ball. Crean wasn't a great coach but Woodson imo makes him look like wooden instead lol. Creans second year team probably beats this seasons team on several nights. Not talent but because Woodson brought a flat uncompetitive team out on many occasions. Something he does often. Were not stupid. Woodson product has zero chance of success even with the fab 5. Give Woodson kentucky team this season I bet our record isn't any better. Woodson is not a Good college coach because the job is hard as he'll and he doesn't have the skill or energy to make it. He doesn't resemble a successful college coach in any way

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I do think it's fair to say that patience runs thinner the longer the mediocrity

It will until apathy sets in.

From my view in the cheap seats, it’s close. I’ve spent the past 60 years of so rooting for the Cream and Crimson. I’ve seen some of the glory. I’ve also seen a lot of the darkness. I’m finally excited about the possibilities with football, but rapidly losing interest in men’s basketball.

11 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Are we really going to play the game about who said what because your list is long on things you are have been wrong on in past couple weeks. 

Look, Woody lost him. I think the real reason comes down to the following and no, wasn’t the offense or not getting enough contact

- He wants to be on a winning team. Not a lot of recruits care about that as a priority now days but he does. His vision for that began to get dimmer when Boogie didn’t commit and then Queen didn’t.

- Self didn’t stop recruiting him and putting negative things in his ear which is easy to do. Think he was still ticked about MM and made this one personal.

- think Self made a big offer and Woody doesn’t believe in spending as much on freshman as top portal guys 

Woody doesn’t walk on water to me but I also think the manufactured outrage at everything is little ridiculous. You can want him fired and doesn’t diminish that point.

I think there are most likely several variables that went into McNeeley"s decision. We will probably never know how much weight style of play or coach relationship played into it.  McNeeley is projected as a one and done. It makes sense that he would want to play in the NCAA Tournament next year and that's much more likely playing at Kansas given the current trajectory of the IU program. 

7 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Yeah, IU message board guy knows more than TJD, Leal, multiple recruits etc

It isn’t fans fault 

it is a problem 

EVERY big fanbase has vocal fans when they are losing and underperforming expectations. 

We are just the only program soft enough to let that be the excuse for said failures.  

Most players are other winning teams will just say, “man, they’ve got some crazy fans” then win some basketball games.  

excuse making, losing mentality. Let’s send coach Cig over to men’s basketball to give them a talk about losing mentality.  

8 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

That may remain to be seen if he goes anywhere. Since then he's lost his only recruit. 

Didn't you say you were taking a break from this board? Did that last a whole week? Lol

Edit: Oh you had to come back to gloat about being "right" and explain how smart you are again. Right. 

He had to come back to avoid answering the question I asked.  

Chris makes a really good point.  Woody set the bar high from day one.  And he should have.  But the result of that bar being set high is you do not get a 4th year after falling on your face.  This team has not competed for championships as he stated was the objective right away.   If he had come in with the cupboard bare and had to build things from ground up then you would have a case for getting a 4th year.  But that is clearly not the case.  

12 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Seems I am only one who has been right when I said repeatedly he wasn’t going anywhere.

I can also admit things are worse than I would have expected at this point but I also think there are many layers not willing to be discussed because it is “he is worse coach ever, Fire him” 

My dude woke up and chose violence, I’ll give him that. At least now we can go around in circles of deflect and gaslight for a few more pages of content, and Saturday is usually slow lmao

5 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

How many ways do I have to say this isn’t about the staff or Woody sucking. Failing at multiple things.

Trying to have a logical conversation but all logic was thrown out the window. 

Your "logic" is trying to find angles that might or might not be there or actually exist. 

Thank GOD you are not a cop, because you would be the one that locks onto a falsely accused person and ruins their life lol. 

How many mountains of evidence do you need the staff is not getting it done on the court or the recruiting trail? 

We have 0 commits. Our only recruit left when we said we're bringing back the head coach! Lmao

Edit: since you're confused, presumably about the cop comment, it means... you refuse to believe it's even a possibility you could be... wrong(!)