Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, cleeter said:

I don’t know why you’d have hope. He’s coming back. I don’t want to face it, but sooner we face it, sooner we can move on.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not hope about Woodson I'm talking faith in the administration

56 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Yep, and I know I am the Woody guy etc.

We can all have our feelings but way too much is being taken as facts. If it is against Woody, has to be true. 

Good call out. I have a feeling what it was but just my gut and would be based on fact.

On this board it was stated that his mom had said there had been 'very little' contact.  That moved on the board to 'almost no' and then to 'none'.  But all of that is really irrelevant when the actual point which was in any version it sounds like a staff with exactly one commit did not make enough contact with that recruit.

1 hour ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

IMG_0338.png

Ok, then how can Woodson "recruit" the portal without those funds?

With a bit of luck, it will all come to a head quickly...

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I would still love for Woodson to say he was going to retire and let someone else take over. Still give him the buyout over 12 years. And we all move on. It could be a happy ending for everyone and who doesn’t like a happy ending. 

I love happy endings but my wife hasn’t been feeling very generous after the baby. 

2 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

If the donors truly are pulling the funds for woody.  Then how does keeping him make absolutely any sense when that gives him 0 chance?  He's not gonna win with his stellar Xs and Os man.

As of now this seems to be an unsubstantiated rumor. However, if it were true, they would not just change their minds right away and announce that same week as a "source" said he'd be back. 

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

As of now this seems to be an unsubstantiated rumor. However, if it were true, they would not just change their minds right away and announce that same week as a "source" said he'd be back. 

I want woody gone...but I agree. Kinda hard to believe, because we are being told funds are high in NIL efforts to basically overpay for a team next year.  If the funds arent there that's not possible, unless somehow maybe some funds are pulling out, but a few (or one) whale can single handedly afford 50 million dollars if they wanted too.   Hoping if the funds are being pulled and NIL is lacking, we move on from Woody when the season ends.

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

You say that... but the last 2-3 days have been like Mr Toad's Wild Ride around here... who's to say that fun couldn't continue...

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

You say that... but the last 2-3 days have been like Mr Toad's Wild Ride around here... who's to say that fun couldn't continue...

I'm not giving up hope. I don't care if people think I'm in denial. 

I have not yet heard Scott Dolson say Mike Woodson will coach next year. 

It's become more obvious by the year that IU's inept administration just had extremely good luck when they hired Bob Knight in 1971. Given the fact that they've messed up the basketball program so completely since they fired him, apparently RMK's surly and controlling personality is the only thing that kept the basketball program at an elite level for all of those years. 

Now that the administration has taken back control of the program, they've been entirely inept. The sh*tshow of this season is just further proof of that. I never thought that I'd long for the "bad" Knight years of the late 1990s, but here we are...

21 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I'm not giving up hope. I don't care if people think I'm in denial. 

I have not yet heard Scott Dolson say Mike Woodson will coach next year. 

You are in denial and that's OK. Truth is he's coming back unless someone gets through to him that it's in his best interest not to. That's the gist of it I'm afraid. Even if he does leave our admin will probably hire the 1984 US Women's Gymnastics coach.

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Wednesday night: news about Woodson

Thursday night: news about McNeeley

Friday night: women's team with a nuclear meltdown

What's going to be the bad news tomorrow night? 

Cathy will tell us Isiah wanted the job when Woodson got it and his feelings were hurt when Dolson made him sit in the lobby.