Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Okay you degenerate information junkies, I can break the news that there’s no new news coming out tonight. So if you’re on here, get yourself over to BTN and check out the women’s B1G tourney game. Dolson won’t be hosting a 10pm press conference I can confirm. And honestly, the women play a really great brand of basketball. If you haven’t, give them a look. 

Always do!  They are incredible. And we can stomach their rare losses easily because the effort is never in question and the cumulative results are always impressive.  

3 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Okay you degenerate information junkies, I can break the news that there’s no new news coming out tonight. So if you’re on here, get yourself over to BTN and check out the women’s B1G tourney game. Dolson won’t be hosting a 10pm press conference I can confirm. And honestly, the women play a really great brand of basketball. If you haven’t, give them a look. 

New news coming soon confirmed. Thanks, Jer. 

2 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Woody is getting his fourth year because the powers that be gave Archie a fourth year when they shouldn't have. Just because they made mistake then doesn't mean they should make the same mistake, but they are.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Just bouncing my thought off your post.

It's been mentioned that Woody is here amongst other things because he wasn't seriously considered by Glass during the Archie hire.  I'm freaking pissed I wish Woody was hired then because I'm sure we would be over the hump by now basically meaning no way Woody would of lasted past 2020.

12 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Absolutely!  Love watching our girls play!  And to know that they hack off Woody makes it ever better!  Go get em Ladies! 

29 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

supoosedly “they” have pooled 6-8 million to try to buy a team of players that probably don’t actually want to play in Woodson’s archaic system.   Who knows.

But if that pool comes from the same place as the money we need for a coach buyout………

We need both to flip the script.  Make Indiana a winner!  But we aren’t a smart organization except for in the marketing department. 

The problem is they still have to be recruited by a coach who won't even take the time to learn their name.

That NIL $ pool didn't seem to register with Liam McNeeley. I'm trying to be optimistic about our huge increase in NIL funds but the reality will play out so much differently than our perception. 

Other schools have plenty of NIL resources too. The negative recruiting Woodson will have to deal with will be as effective as it will be relentless.

Purgatory. 

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

The problem is they still have to be recruited by a coach who won't even take the time to learn their name.

That NIL $ pool didn't seem to register with Liam McNeeley. I'm trying to be optimistic about our huge increase in NIL funds but the reality will play out so much differently than our perception. 

Other schools have plenty of NIL resources too. The negative recruiting Woodson will have to deal with will be as effective as it will be relentless.

Purgatory. 

We will end up with a bunch of above average production wise mid major guys, most likely. Probably overpay for a few studs to make it look good. There was a good breakdown with Tonsoni and Xs and Joe's guy I think. 

17 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Can confirm the women’s program is leaps and bounds better than the men’s program. 

21 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

They pass too much, shoot an illegal amount of 3’s, their offense almost looks modern. This is crazy. Haha

We will end up with a bunch of above average production wise mid major guys, most likely. Probably overpay for a few studs to make it look good. There was a good breakdown with Tonsoni and Xs and Joe's guy I think. 
Theh said he would need four guys on the ware or close to compete next year. Not happening.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Trish said:

Can confirm the women’s program is leaps and bounds better than the men’s program. 

I love watching them. Here’s how good they are…..Their two post players are a bit gimpy. Holmes (knee injury) hasn’t played yet but is available and Meister with a gimpy is now playing. My point is, they are starting 5 guards, because they are that deep in various positions.

12 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Positive - nah, but shows he would still like to be here. 

Some validity to the fact - there is still a real relationship there and ongoing but his dad is saying, read these replies. Coach can do no right to these fans. Why would my son want to play for them?

I bet we have less fans call the home grown Indiana kid soft for saying the fanbase is toxic.

I know, know, just win. If Woody wasn’t a POS, etc. Just would be nice for fans to realize this **** is real. Recruits don’t like it. Be we laugh it off no matter how many times it is said.

Yes, yes. The fans complaining about the terrible coach are the problem. Not the terrible coach himself. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yes, yes. The fans complaining about the terrible coach are the problem. Not the terrible coach himself. 

Right. The dad's liking the tweet because of those angry fans. 

Not at all because that place is willing to employ a guy much to the chagrin of a stadium full of upset fans...

Oh, and that guy also doesn't even recruit - or remember - his son's name, probably. 

The fans fault lol. Let's just pretend it is the fans fault today. We are pissed the administration has destroyed the program! I swear it would be hard to suck as bad as they have!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

The fans fault lol. Let's just pretend it is the fans fault today. We are pissed the administration has destroyed the program! I swear it would be hard to suck as bad as they have!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Don't look at the Liam decommitting thread unless you want to lose a bit more hope (if that's still possible)

That is... if you care at all about "Cathy"

Don't look at the Liam decommitting thread unless you want to lose a bit more hope (if that's still possible)

I don’t know why you’d have hope. He’s coming back. I don’t want to face it, but sooner we face it, sooner we can move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk