Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

22 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Btown Podcast with [mention]Chris007 [/mention] [mention]Stuhoo [/mention] [mention]Class of '66 Old Fart [/mention] where they do a recap of posts from last evening and give their thoughts and then live reading of posts as they happen with their thoughts. Yeah, I’d listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old-timers may remember Steve Allen reading the classifieds on his show... he'd read what was in the paper and add his own inflections and feigned outrage... that might be fun to watch with @Chris007 and the staff.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’m in.

Will Chris have some brews in his belly? Even better.

I will feature the craziest **** that the mods hid, only I will sing those posts in a Bob Dylan voice.

Of course I will. I love the Dylan voice even a little Tom Petty voice. I’ve said forever we need a podcast.

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Welcome back!

Been awhile since you’ve been around these parts.

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Myself, I've always found imitation to be the sincerest form of a giving a know-it-all the middle finger.  Maybe I should run for the board of trustees on that platform.

So, what if we send the War and Basketball X to everyone in the portal.  Anyone that would still be willing to come here would have to be really tough sons of b****s and not afraid of anyone or the coaches. Might still not be a very good team but but fun to watch. ;-)

2 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I am on board that it’s time for him to go.

I am not on board with kicking him in the azz on the way out 

Who said kick? Put his golf clubs and humidor outside, then when he tries to retrieve them lock the door behind him. No kicking involved. Joking...kind of.

He never should've been hired, think of it as fixing a glitch.

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Nah, it’ll just be far less energized than in a normal year.

I believe the students are on spring break, aren't they?  Problem will calm it a bit. Not that the students are going to as invested as the locals that have been attending the games for years/decades, but in terms of voicing their opinions in a don't-care-what-happens-to-me fashion, drunken students take the cake.

"Well, again guys....." Literally starts every statement that way. Or my fav, "Just gotta keep workin'." Has ZERO clue on how to get over the "hump" so he just says that. I've never once heard him say anything detailed regarding bball. 

Just now, go iu bb said:

I'll take the gig after Woodson is finally gone. I am willing to get paid millions of dollars to not coach, not recruit, not talk to the press, etc for 4 years. For that money, I'd be fine with people hating me.

Sadly, that may be exactly where we are today...

But you have to promise to talk about yourself in the third person...

58 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would still love for Woodson to say he was going to retire and let someone else take over. Still give him the buyout over 12 years. And we all move on. It could be a happy ending for everyone and who doesn’t like a happy ending. 

I said this last week and  I”m a nobody :}