Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

16 minutes ago, JXG said:

I think Mike Woodson is one of the most repugnant, deceived individuals I have ever seen.  How many people did he turn off tonight?

Let’s have a show of hands!

*How many of you were turned off tonight that weren’t already irreversibly turned off by Woody?*

Maybe true. I think it's deeper than a meaningless win on Senior Day. 
I mean, IU got hot after the season was already lost and they're losing their best player, by far. I'm not sure that anyone is really placated by wins after the season was already lost. 
And Woody's recent comments are just fanning the flames. It's like he's TRYING to be as unlikeable as possible...
The combined records the four teams we just beat is 37-42 in the big ten. It's a winning streak but it's not like we are beating purdue or illinois.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Papacap said:

I truly don’t get why Woodson said what he did about fans. Zero upside to it. If the dude was a teenager, I get lashing out at people. No discipline.

But he thought about that speech and still said that. Not some off the cuff remark in the heat of the moment.

Dude talks a good game. Has not delivered anything someone making his money should deliver.

I thought you had to have a thick skin to play or coach in NYC. I guess not.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Guys I’ve figured it out.

Adam Howard was given us hints all along.

Its #DreamTeam2024.

Seriously though. Portal will be loaded. Woodson seems absolutely staunch in his efforts.

Let’s pray for some Out of the park home runs. About 4 of them. Then about 3 or 4 doubles.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Indiana will land sloppy seconds from Washington, Clemson, etc., Indiana will win 19 games next season and fail to make the tournament. Woodson will “retire”. 

35 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Not policing the board.

Trying to understand people here.

Complaints that bringing in a bunch of portal guys equates to “hiring mercenaries.”

Then you have guys who have played here for 4 years and are loyal to their program and coach, and they get ripped.

Lime I said, trying to understand the dynamics of this place 

I haven’t listened to the senior day speeches but sounds like Trey and Leal ripped the fans and that was setup by their coach.  If that is the case, I for one will not be donating or buying any IU crap!  I have been watching IU basketball for over 50 years and I haven’t missed a game since 1985, and I have never seen any coach or player say anything negative about the fans! I’ve always heard we were the best fans in the world, but Woodson thinks we are nothing but worm dirt.  The guy gets his feelings hurt because he can’t do his job and now he’s convinced the players to attack the fans.  Not cool and I hope he gets fired and humiliated, he’s a turdbag that doesn’t deserve the toilet paper I flush down the toilet.  It’s because of us fans we give the players energy to win most of our home games plus we all contribute to Woodson, his staff and players salaries!  We are the stakeholders, we need to be treated as such or things could and will get much worse 

*How many of you were turned off tonight that weren’t already irreversibly turned off by Woody?*
Me. I hate Woodson so far but not irreversible. I don't think it's the right approach by a man whi can't back it up. If he can back it up I like it lol. I was turned off but if he backs it up I will give props. I am a true fan but won't sing praises until we're top 10 in the country and winning big 10s. This four games late bs is just not it

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s not like this is the first time Mike Woodson has done this. He’s done it throughout the season. Tonight was just the most extreme. His arrogance 100% is a huge reason why fans have turned so hard against him.

2 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

If Leal and Galloway are playing next year, why did they give speeches after the game.  It's supposed to be an opportunity to say goodbye not that you'll be coming back.

To give the true fans a special treat in person instead of a casual graphic posted on social media. True fans show up to senior day games!