Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Muskie for three said:

Why do you assume I'm young . But yes I'm on my phone a lot . I'm a fire mike woodson thread junkie.  Anybody know where an H.A. 12 step meeting can be found. 

Why are you calling folks blue hairs?

The people funding the program currently.

You skirted the questions.

19 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

But it's what's wrong with the iu culture now days imo. They have done ****. As of now it is below the standards. Win the big tournament and then make a sweet 16 and talk a bit. Not after 4 games when they don't mean nothing yet

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

In a perfect world? Yes.

But life is messy and he was pissed (so were those seniors) and they vented a little.

So cool beans and no biggie!

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So…. You don’t think there might just be a teensy-weensy tiny little element with just a few people that they are a teeny bit mad they’ve been wrong about loudly saying this team would tank?

Maybe not you—you’re generally a positive poster, but maybe that element is part of it with some?

Fair enough. I guess I like to leave out the obvious outliers when speaking in generalities. I think most people just want the bandaid ripped off because it's clear he's not getting us to where we want to be.

Whatever. I'm not rooting for us to lose. I'm just not tuning in and rooting FOR us. 

And the team and coach essentially telling me I'm not a true fan may make it pretty difficult for me to fully embrace them again. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

In a perfect world? Yes.

But life is messy and he was pissed (so were those seniors) and they vented a little.

Ao cool beans and no biggie!

I can buy that premise 100% 

At the same time given this year's performance and these sorts of comments, safe to say unless the portal is absolutely amazing, excitement for next year will be very muted. Next year's team will really have to earn back the excitement of a lot of fans who feel alienated by comments, low effort, and too little too late as the peak product this year. Hope these competitors are up for the challenge. Tough to say for sure because we are going to have basically another brand new team next year. We heard a lot about that this year too.

In a perfect world? Yes.
Ao cool beans and no biggie!
They should be mad at themselves! It is no biggie unfortunately they made it one! I only like it if they back it up next season. Something tells me gallo and leal aren't larry bird michael jordan type

I didn’t have Stuhoo going straight NGW on my bingo card tonight but it’s all roses in IUBB land. We didn’t lose too Penn State, Nebraska and Northwestern all I. The same season multiple times.
10-10 in a god awful big ten deserves an extension, you know that!!! All is terrific now.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I didn’t have Stuhoo going straight NGW on my bingo card tonight but it’s all roses in IUBB land. We didn’t lose too Penn State, Nebraska and Northwestern all I. The same season multiple times.

Yeah I’m shocked myself 

15 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Well played sir. Unfortunately in marriage even when you win you still lose. It's great kids I promise!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Russian proverb:

The husband is the head of the family!

But the wife is the neck.

lol - you turn your head of the family head where the wife wants

Yes! Thanks. I was scared to call that out but you can. Very interesting

6 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Fair enough, but we’ve gone .500 or better three times in the last eight years. All three are from Mike Woodson. I don’t think he was beating his chest. I think he was saying exactly what Leal said. Chill out. It’s not where any of us want to be but we’ve now gone .500 or better for three seasons in a row for the first time dating back to….

2005-2008. Seriously.

I am choosing to view this as him being fiery and not giving up. Much rather that than have him tuck tail like a whipped dog when there is still basketball left to play this year.

Not that it matters that much, but Woodson went 9-11 in the league his first season. He's 31-29 in the Big Ten through three years.

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I didn’t have Stuhoo going straight NGW on my bingo card tonight but it’s all roses in IUBB land. We didn’t lose to Penn State, Nebraska and Northwestern all in the same season multiple times.

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Yeah I’m shocked myself 

You may be mistaking what I’m saying.

Not that the season is a success or that Woody is the answer.

But that a coach who’s been left for dead, then wins four in a row, and then is kinda salty about it is ….

normal.

2 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Not that it matters that much, but Woodson went 9-11 in the league his first season. He's 31-29 in the Big Ten through three years.

Oooh good catch, that is my mistake. My rose colored glasses are getting too fogged lol. But still my point stands, I’m sure it is frustrating to hear people calling for your head loudly and telling you what a terrible job you’re doing so I don’t bristle at all when he says calm down we’re not dead yet.

3 minutes ago, Shooter said:

That actually is mediocre, oh I get it now!  Mediocre Mike, at least he’s living up to his name!  ;)