Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

8 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

I enjoyed being at the game, but there’s a real division in the fan base because of Mike Woodson. If they don’t strike transfer portal gold…oh boy. It’s gonna get UGLY.

Dont worry.  Everyone will be on the same page after next season

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

That’s more along the lines of what I’m thinking — media, probably (IU press has been pretty direct) and those who who hold the cards.

"[Scott] If you want to hire Mike Woodson, you come to Mike Woodson." 

"I am the coach here, understand that [Scott]."

Quinn, Cooks, and Simons have my back. Stay in the corner [Scott], you're in timeout. Mike's gotta get his 4.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You may be mistaking what I’m saying.

Not that the season is a success or that Woody is the answer.

But that a coach who’s been left for dead, then wins four in a row, and then is kinda salty about it is ….

normal.

I just wish he could've been humble about the whole year.  Show that you feel, think,believe like us.  Just for once not look like an elitist.  Would go a long way, I think.

But that a coach who’s been left for dead, then wins four in a row, and then is kinda salty about is ….
normal.
Sorry I was taking it wrong as well I guess. Woodson gets paid alot of money to be a professional ncaa coach. He needs to keep his emotions on check. Especially when he ain't accomplished a gd thing yet. Thus is indiana. he has a legitimate shot at winning the big ten tournament tournament

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

31-29 in three seasons while getting blown out by St Mary’s and Miami in back to back seasons. Don’t forget about having zero recruits in the 2024 class. That’s called doing your job people. Some of you are very lucky to witness Mike Woodson put on a stellar job. 

I have been on this board for almost 3 weeks. I can’t recall you saying one thing positive about IU basketball. Not just on this thread about the coach, but any thread.

Surely, there is somewhere in the past where you supported IU 

2 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Oooh good catch, that is my mistake. My rose colored glasses are getting too fogged lol. But still my point stands, I’m sure it is frustrating to hear people calling for your head loudly and telling you what a terrible job you’re doing so I don’t bristle at all when he says calm down we’re not dead yet.

I'm sure it is frustrating, and I'm sure it feels good to run off 4 in a row. Despite that - it's not a good look for him to be taking a victory lap calling out the haters when his team still isn't even on the bubble, and he doesn't have a single recruit lined up for next season.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But that a coach who’s been left for dead, then wins four in a row, and then is kinda salty about it is ….

normal.

Not really my man.  At least not in public.  When you’re in charge of a  program you got to rise above it, simply because if you actually want to succeed mostly everyone has to buy in. Just stop being full of yourself and let it go.  You know like being an adult. 

I have been on this board for almost 3 weeks. I can’t recall you saying one thing positive about IU basketball. Not just on this thread about the coach, but any thread.
Fire Woodson thread and nothing positive to say. If we win a national title next season or final four or even sweet 16 and Trish still only talks smack then u have a point!

I just wish he could've been humble about the whole year.  Show that you feel, think,believe like us.  Just for once not look like an elitist.  Would go a long way, I think.
Likely just showing us who he really is. I am sure Matta and fife leaving had nothing at all to do with woodson himself. Sure it was all them and not mike.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Sorry I was taking it wrong as well I guess. Woodson gets paid alot of money to be a professional ncaa coach. He needs to keep his emotions on check. Especially when he ain't accomplished a gd thing yet. Thus is indiana. he has a legitimate shot at winning the big ten tournament tournament

Agree that keeping his emotions in check is a sign of being professional.

Also acknowledging that being salty shows a level of arrogance that most coaches have.

He’s gonna go down fighting for sure 

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

Not really my man.  At least not in public.  When you’re in charge of a  program you got to rise above it, simply because if you actually want to succeed mostly everyone has to buy in. Just being full of yourself and let it go.  You know like being an adult. 

I agree!  He needs to have thicker skin being a coach and be able to take and ignore the criticism, but he has not and instead blamed the fans for their failures.

Just now, steubenhoosier said:

100%. I didn’t miss a game while I was an undergrad when we had Victor, Cody, and company. Well, Tom Crean installing 42 Zone plays a week before Syracuse and failing miserably really left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Then I started to feel a bit better with Yogi, Thomas and O.G. Well, we know what happened there. The last seven years have been miserable and frankly, I don’t know why I continue to care, but I do. Growing up in Indiana Basketball means you’re in it for life, even if you want to tank seasons after season. 

But Mike Woodson told me I’m not a true fan tonight so. 

1 minute ago, steubenhoosier said:

Also acknowledging that being salty shows a level of arrogance that most coaches have.

He’s a pompous a*s!

18 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Fair enough, but we’ve gone .500 or better three times in the last eight years. All three are from Mike Woodson. I don’t think he was beating his chest. I think he was saying exactly what Leal said. Chill out. It’s not where any of us want to be but we’ve now gone .500 or better for three seasons in a row for the first time dating back to….

2005-2008. Seriously.

I am choosing to view this as him being fiery and not giving up. Much rather that than have him tuck tail like a whipped dog when there is still basketball left to play this year.

Fair enough.  My opinion is his coaching leaves a whole lot to be desired, he has an advantage now that those coaches going back to 2008 could only dream of, and he is an arrogant *******.  Not a fan.  He has completely turned me off.  I couldn't give a **** what they do the rest of the year.  They aren't winning anything that matters so go win some games in the BTT, go on some run in the NIT.  Who gives a .....

Yes act like your disappointed so far but have faith we will win the big ten tournament. He'll apologize for failing so far. Not divide the fanbase. To think a knight player is crying about disappointed fans is beyond laughable. Shouldn't Woodson be kicking **** and throwing stuff around to show he is upset lol

Fighting! He'll yes show some fight and if it took untrue fans to get him to do that so be it. So far I haven't seen him fight for anything