Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Pretty sure IU is in the Battle of Atlantis next year 

That will help with SOS. Other than that, Woodson will want to schedule the Alabama States, the Eastern Kentucky’s, the Eastern Illinois. 

20 wins is indeed a magical number. But not so magical when it’s against a terrible non conference and a mediocre league. Big ten becomes more average next season with the 4 West Coast teams. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You mean the same players who just took big ole dumps on the fans? 

Nah.

1) They did not take big ole dumps on the fans.

2) They are competitors who love  IU a TON and had their backs way back to the wall. And won four straight games with their backs to the wall. These guys aren’t supposed to be Mr. Rogers when they’re fired up.

It’s a sign that they did not and will not take adversity without pushing back hard.

Imo one is pretty huge if he learns free throws. I am not confident leal could contribute on a real contender.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Won't have to worry about that. We won't be contending for much.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just now, mdn82 said:

Personally I think the level of arrogance he showed recruiting (mainly expecting kids to flock to Indiana because it’s Indiana and not getting out there) is the same mentality he has shown towards the fans with his comments.  I also feel he is an arrogant and stubborn coach in that his inability to change or read the room on the modern game is impacting his ability to adapt.  Very intelligent dude, but his arrogance is impossible to overcome.  It is not Indiana of the 80’s.  The game is not played like it was in the 80’s.  Recruiting is not what it was in the 80’s.  Now knowing he is back for sure there needs to be a succession plan whether or not he succeeds next year.  What’s the plan for future sustained success beyond Woody?  That really needs to be laid out at some level over the coming days and months.  There needs to be a plan of corrective actions on how to build relationships in state and on the recruiting trail.  Then there needs to be changes on how we play the game next season.  This just does not work in 2024.  Imo

Glad to see you post.   It’s been a minute.  Welcome back and I hope you stick around 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Why doesn’t Liam want to come to Indiana anymore? According to Mike Woodson, he’s doing his job and they are playing as well as anyone in the country. 

Could it be that a “true” player really knows a “true” coach when he sees one and figured out that Woody ain’t it?

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I don't even disagree with you. Just amazing how you still don't get it. 

Nobody hired you to police this board bruh

Not policing the board.

Trying to understand people here.

Complaints that bringing in a bunch of portal guys equates to “hiring mercenaries.”

Then you have guys who have played here for 4 years and are loyal to their program and coach, and they get ripped.

Lime I said, trying to understand the dynamics of this place 

2 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Not policing the board.

Trying to understand people here.

Complaints that bringing in a bunch of portal guys equates to “hiring mercenaries.”

Then you have guys who have played here for 4 years and are loyal to their program and coach, and they get ripped.

Lime I said, trying to understand the dynamics of this place 

It's almost like there are varying viewpoints from different individuals and sometimes the same individual at different times. 

The more I think about all of this the more it pisses me off.  

Like it or not they have played really well this last stretch.  They look like a team that cares and if that is because they are mad about the fact that Woodys seat was hot then so be it.  But if Woody had done his job and got some guards in here that could play even a little bit this team could be up there contending for the Big 10 and looking at making a run in the big dance.  

So now we are going to get to watch May probably get a good job, and maybe even Pearl get a good job and we will be stuck here with this arrogant fool that cares nothing about anyone but himself.  Won't support the girls program.  Won't help other coaches out when asked.  Is a complete jackwagon who thinks his crap don't stink.  

It is going to be a long offseason.  

Maybe the football team will show some promise and give us all a glimmer of  hope for something around this place.