Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Trish said:

Why? He just lost his biggest recruit. There’s zero recruits signed for next season. 

Winning four games vs four non NCAA tournament teams isn’t impressive. He still isn’t qualified for the position and should be relieved of his duties.  

No need to stretch the truth.  Regardless of what you think of them, we beat two ncaa tournament teams in the last 4.

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

Did you start the College Bball Thread? 

This one has real potential to overtake that one for the longest thread on this site lol

I don’t believe I’ve ever started a thread…not quite sure though. 

1 thing that is totally official is Woodson is infact not going anywhere! Put that to bed. I am not sure calling out fans is a good move but whatever. I take it personally and I like the cocky fire! Now back that **** up or my untrue Fandom gets elevated lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, GoHoosiers24 said:

So weak. So, so, so, incredibly weak. Kissing Woody’s @$$ like this. My donations just went bye bye. 

I'm sure they'll just round up and not be able to tell a difference.

10 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

4 game win streak against teams we clearly have more talent than

They're ******* bringing him back for sure. 

We're in basketball hell. 

Considering MSU was #4 in the national polls pre-season and has had a full roster all year, that doesn’t really compute.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

1 thing that is totally official is Woodson is infact not going anywhere! Put that to bed. I am not sure calling out fans is a good move but whatever. I take it personally and I like the cocky fire! Now back that **** up or my untrue Fandom gets elevated lol

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Trish said:

Why? He just lost his biggest recruit. There’s zero recruits signed for next season. 

Winning four games vs four non NCAA tournament teams isn’t impressive. He still isn’t qualified for the position and should be relieved of his duties.  

I agree. But those senior speeches killed any last bit of hope that a change will be made this offseason. Just making a tongue in cheek comment about that.

Who remembers the movie "Lean On Me"? 

It's about an embattled principal in Patterson, N.J. At one point during a rally, a school board member who clashed with Joe Clark (the principal) says to a group of kids, "Don't you worry. We will get you a good principal." 

One of the kids says, "We don't want a good principal. We want Mr. Clark." 

I sorta feel like that was embodied in Leal's and Gallo's speeches. "We don't want a good coach. We want Woody." 

LOL  

Just now, lillurk said:

With a couple exceptions, we have almost 700 pages of evidence that we’re almost all on the same page about Woody’s ability to be the long-term solution.

However, I think everyone probably needs to get used to the idea he’ll be around next year — gonna be hard to get over the optics of firing a guy who’s 10-10 in conference, team getting better at the end of the year, and did miss his starting PG for much of the year. X can be frustrating but he really does change the defense.

Now, Woody needs to work on optics too. Too defensive for a guy who’s walked a pretty fine line every year and still doesn’t seem to get the job, recruiting, what it takes to make the tournament, etc.

But the idea that he’s didnt have a case for the job when he got it, or hasn’t done any good things? Just doesn’t hold any water.

I’m still gonna crow for Dusty and if he wins big at OSU(?) I’ll be super bummed. Long term, we’re gonna need a new guy. But let’s bring back some hoopers and add some wings and guards.

The thing that I heard, can't confirm it, maybe someone else can.  Basically Dolson never liked the hire.  That's why he brought in Matta and Fife.  Buckner made the hire.  However, Woody said he was the bridge guy wouldn't be here long.  That's also what Buckner assured Dolson.  If he wins big great.  Everyone is happy.  If not don't worry Scotty boy Mike will go quietly into the night if things don't go well or whenever you line up a big hire.  Things clearly aren't going well and the future looks extremely bleak.  Also, Dolson now has his man locked up.  However, Quinn and Woody have reneged on their word, dug their heels in, and Dolson isn't happy.  Am I close?

We get what we tolerate. I can’t see how they can get rid of him now. Just too many instances of tolerating poor performance. It’s in the administration’s blood.

The next few years of IU basketball is going to depend on the freakin portal.

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I agree. But those senior speeches killed any last bit of hope that a change will be made this offseason. Just making a tongue in cheek comment about that.

Woodson will be back, but next spring we’ll be looking for a new coach thankfully. 

For better or for worse, 2 less portal players for Woody to gamble on.
Imo one is pretty huge if he learns free throws. I am not confident leal could contribute on a real contender.