Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Well now I’m SURE I don’t get it. 
#nothingburger

Believe what you want.

I’ve followed IUBB on Twitter since Twitter origin. These accounts came out of nowhere. They all like each other. Many of them have multiple accounts. Several have zero affiliation to IU. Call me crazy or whatever all you want but this isn’t organic.

Tyme (a separate deal) came out of nowhere, knew virtually everything, spent 24/7 defending on Twitter IUBB for 2 months then vanishes. That’s not normal behavior. That’s definitely burner behavior. I think he was a staff or affiliated. You guys seem to think it wasn’t a Yasir burner but…. It was someone connected’s burner.

This other group just isn’t organic. They have existed pre-Woodson’s struggles. They defend him ad nauseum. They attack his critics.

You believe what you want to believe.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

You all cannot be that naive lol it’s literally just accounts having fun with it lmao 

I’ve followed IU Twitter very closely for years. Since Twitter started. Check my response to Stu. These accounts popped on the scene defending Woody and attacking his critics this year.

A few other long-standing accounts have joined the fun but there is a big group of new accounts.

23 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’ve followed IU Twitter very closely for years. Since Twitter started. Check my response to Stu. These accounts popped on the scene defending Woody and attacking his critics this year.

A few other long-standing accounts have joined the fun but there is a big group of new accounts.

I dunno.

While I enjoy back and forth about IU sports as much as anyone, I can’t imagine people inside the program have that much time on their hands or the inclination to mix in like that.

I dunno.
While I enjoy back and forth about IU sports as much as anyone, I can’t imagine people inside the program have that much time on their hands or the inclination to mix in like that.

Being young and getting paid for it?

Tyme is a different story. It was personal to him. He was on his own personal mission. The “troll” army seems to have barstool connections.

It’s not organic. But, I mean, heck, if you get “True Fans” populating Twitter with nothing but positivity, I can’t imagine it’s a bad thing.

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Being young and getting paid for it?

Tyme is a different story. It was personal to him. He was on his own personal mission. The “troll” army seems to have barstool connections.

It’s not organic. But, I mean, heck, if you get “True Fans” populating Twitter with nothing but positivity, I can’t imagine it’s a bad thing.

Tyme is a whole different animal. I do agree with that. We never 100% figured out the why, but I have a finger on the who and it isn’t a staffer. If someone was leaking info to them, I wouldn’t exactly understand why but that does seem to be the case.

I think the army of positivity on twitter isn’t a whole lot different than the army of folks that personally hate Woodson, just the other side of the coin. WBR/white boy Rick/whatever he is, is a Barstool employee/IU grad and not a burner in the Tyme sense. The other nameless accounts that he associates with have been around and they all have their own “kill them with positivity” thing going. They all just latched on to IU athletics changing the official hashtag to #NeverDaunted. The new crimson quarry guys (and I think some of the old CQ guys like Robbins) are in that group too. There’s new ones too, but I chalk that up to a groupthink thing more so than a concerted effort. Burners that add nothing to the conversation but echoes are in every fanbase.

I personally doubt there’s people on Woody’s payroll tweeting support for him. That’d be something I could see Crean doing. Allen’s own family did it for him, and didn’t even use burners lol. I just don’t see it here with a guy that has made it pretty clear that he answers to no one. Seems like there’s people that believe extremes on both sides that are really loud and of course twitter’s algo is undefeated. 

Woodson is a bad thing!   He’s got his minions on the job to try and justify he’s doing a good job!!!  He’s going at lengths to convince others too, specifically Dolson and company!  I’ve got news for him, the heat is on and he’s going to have to prove he can coach a very good roster he and his staff have assembled 

Tyme is a whole different animal. I do agree with that. We never 100% figured out the why, but I have a finger on the who and it isn’t a staffer. If someone was leaking info to them, I wouldn’t exactly understand why but that does seem to be the case.
I think the army of positivity on twitter isn’t a whole lot different than the army of folks that personally hate Woodson, just the other side of the coin. WBR/white boy Rick/whatever he is, is a Barstool employee/IU grad and not a burner in the Tyme sense. The other nameless accounts that he associates with have been around and they all have their own “kill them with positivity” thing going. They all just latched on to IU athletics changing the official hashtag to #NeverDaunted. The new crimson quarry guys (and I think some of the old CQ guys like Robbins) are in that group too. There’s new ones too, but I chalk that up to a groupthink thing more so than a concerted effort. Burners that add nothing to the conversation but echoes are in every fanbase.
I personally doubt there’s people on Woody’s payroll tweeting support for him. That’d be something I could see Crean doing. Allen’s own family did it for him, and didn’t even use burners lol. I just don’t see it here with a guy that has made it pretty clear that he answers to no one. Seems like there’s people that believe extremes on both sides that are really loud and of course twitter’s algo is undefeated. 

This is well thought out but it’s not hard. They don’t have to be on “Woody’s payroll” individually. He (IUBB) pays a service to provide a service. A certain number of accounts to tweet a certain number of times. Like I say, this group isn’t personally invested. Only popped up since Woody’s slide. Just youngbloods doing a job. I’ve been attacked by them in DMs. It’s not normal behavior.

The people that don’t like IU results and therefore Woody makes sense. (Trying to spur a change). People tweeting pro IU and in defense of Woody with nothing to gain makes little sense. Add in the timing, it isn’t organic. Could be the ADepartment doing this and Woody isn’t involved at all. But either way. Like we say, Tyme is a different animal all together. The memes making fun of me are cute and all but I can usually spot an Op.

Woodson is a bad thing!   He’s got his minions on the job to try and justify he’s doing a good job!!!  He’s going at lengths to convince others too, specifically Dolson and company!  I’ve got news for him, the heat is on and he’s going to have to prove he can coach a very good roster he and his staff have assembled 

Could be the AD playing damage control and just generally trying generate buzz for the program. Woody wouldn’t necessarily have to even ok it.

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They're burners for sure. If I say anything on Twitter, I get attacked by all of these accounts. That didn't happen before this season. I think Tyme had about 4 accounts going. I followed several of them just to see what they post, which isn't much but they all like the same things. 

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Could be the AD playing damage control and just generally trying generate buzz for the program. Woody wouldn’t necessarily have to even ok it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it was interns. I could also see Woodson's family doing it. He has a ton of nieces and nephews. 

33 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

They're burners for sure. If I say anything on Twitter, I get attacked by all of these accounts. That didn't happen before this season. I think Tyme had about 4 accounts going. I followed several of them just to see what they post, which isn't much but they all like the same things. 

I am pretty sure I recall in Trilly’s discord people were mocking Tyme because he allegedly had a free discord with very few members. I would not be surprised if after his tweets became more popular, his discord grew, became private, and probably included some of these younger more popular IU accounts. Then they amplify his message in one way or another. Paid for or not, I don’t know. Organic or not? I think depends on how you look at it… Personally I wouldn’t say it’s normal behavior. But I don’t attribute it to Woody personally as if he’s asked for this. I think it’s more of a reflection of his insecurity that his inner circle is projecting online as they attempt to take back the narrative and the IU fan base has a ton of crazy fans with burners.

As much attention as Mike Woodson gets along with IU men’s basketball program you would think he is coming off a as in bowling turkey 3 National Championships in a row the past 3 years.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I also wouldn't be surprised if it was interns. I could also see Woodson's family doing it. He has a ton of nieces and nephews. 

A family op I can jive with. Like I said, we've seen that and while I don't think anyone is telling interns to jump people in DMs, family will absolutely do that and has done it before.

For as much crap as the athletic dept. (rightfully!) gets, no way people believe that they can organize a group of burners to run a PR campaign.

5 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Who is Tyme that is being discussed?

He is someone on Twitter who had some inside info and defends Woodson. He attacks anyone who says a bad word about the staff. We believe he is a former poster on here who got mad and asked that his account get shut down. I can't believe I've already forgotten his name on here. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He is someone on Twitter who had some inside info and defends Woodson. He attacks anyone who says a bad word about the staff. We believe he is a former poster on here who got mad and asked that his account get shut down. I can't believe I've already forgotten his name on here. 

NGW something