Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

43 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Welp. I guess it’s run it back time folks. 

pray the NIL chest is big and bountiful and they can target the right players. 

I’m definitely a “true” fan but I’ve identified problems with this roster and this team on the court before Woody did.  

I don’t know man.  Tough spot. 

I actually hope the NIL chest is slim Pickens because that would be the best bet that he won’t field a good team; although, he probably won’t anyway but he doesn’t need any help though 

1 minute ago, TadQueasy said:

When Woodson wins a ton of Big 10 titles and 3 National championships I will allow him to say those things at a senior night.  

Exactly. Woodson has too big of an ego. He coached a guy named Carmelo Anthony 50 years ago. Kids nowadays didn’t watch Carmelo growing up, they barely know who he is. He hasn’t done anything worthy enough to have this big of an ego. 

7 minutes ago, cleeter said:

As of now, have to say under. But still got to hear from Malik and Mgbako. Also need to wait until portal is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Reneau/MM/senior guards/Cupps/2 impact transfers at wing/guard is interesting.

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

Really equating Bob Knight success with Woodson's achievements.......ok I guess. 

Not at all. Just saying that competitors can get kinda salty when they are getting shat on and then prevail.

Id rather have a different head coach, but the reaction from Leal, Gallo, and Woody today is natural and no problem whatsoever.

Mike Woodson has spent the past three years constantly reminding anyone that would listen that we are the best fans in any sport. He still thinks so!  it’s just that he’s a salty winning coach.

6 minutes ago, Trish said:

Indiana doesn’t do the NIT. This is Indiana. - Fred Glass. 

Does Scott Dolson want to pay for the NIT? That will get the 2024 recruits going wild. Oh wait. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/hoosiers-ad-were-indiana-we-dont-play-in-the-cbi/

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

2 things: 1) Galloway’s not average. He’s a rock solid crack filler who could help literally any team. Coaches know that. If he dropped his name in the portal he would have a spectacular offer list. 2) Leal is a great kid, great teammate, great in the locker room, useful niche piece/band aid.  There isn’t a coach in the country that wouldn’t take that kid as their 12th or 13th scholly. Not 1. 

Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, and Duke would all have a scholarship available for Anthony Leal.

Just now, Chris007 said:

So that qualifies them to tell me if I’m a true fan or not. As a huge donor texted me. Don’t ask me to pay to go to Bahamas, don’t ask me to give to NIL, don’t ask me for my money if you don’t think I’m a true fan.

Then don’t dude! 

Personally I think the level of arrogance he showed recruiting (mainly expecting kids to flock to Indiana because it’s Indiana and not getting out there) is the same mentality he has shown towards the fans with his comments.  I also feel he is an arrogant and stubborn coach in that his inability to change or read the room on the modern game is impacting his ability to adapt and succeed.  Very intelligent dude, but his arrogance is impossible to overcome.  It is not Indiana of the 80’s.  The game is not played like it was in the 80’s.  Recruiting is not what it was in the 80’s.  Now knowing he is back for sure there needs to be a succession plan whether or not he succeeds next year.  What’s the plan for future sustained success beyond Woody?  That really needs to be laid out at some level over the coming days and months.  There needs to be a plan of corrective actions on how to build relationships in state and on the recruiting trail.  Then there needs to be changes on how we play the game next season.  This just does not work in 2024.  Imo
Just glad to see you back posting again! Good post

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Love a Hoosiers win and that they went on a bit of a run here, just dont think we are going to get anywhere under Woody. 0 recruits for next year. Build a team of mercenaries (NIL $$) in the portal isn’t the way to set us up for success with next coach. You’re stuck in that cycle. No different than the teams who relied on one and dones. Worked out sometimes but mostly didn’t. Woody is supposed to be a “bridge” to the future and currently things are looking bad. I’d rather go with Dusty and look forward but that’s just me.

Sent from my Fisher-Price Flip Phone

3 minutes ago, Papacap said:

I truly don’t get why Woodson said what he did about fans. Zero upside to it. If the dude was a teenager, I get lashing out at people. No discipline.

But he thought about that speech and still said that. Not some off the cuff remark in the heat of the moment.

Dude talks a good game. Has not delivered anything someone making his money should deliver.

Exactly we’ll remember next season when you lose to Florida gulf coast 

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Awful lot of blanks to fill in though... a basically blank canvas is interesting, I admit :) 

One silver lining to the end of the season is there are probably fewer holes than the mass exodus we feared, and the vibes should be better and thus more attractive to potential transfers etc.

His critics weren't the iu fans! It was the media and other teamsbfans he was addressing. I also do believe bob would have said all fans can kiss his @$$. The only thing that would have mattered to him was his team's competitiveness and wins. Giving your all and hopefully getting results.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk