Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It wouldn’t have been Wednesday if Cignetti was at the coaches meeting too, unless Coach Cig can be in two places at once.

Time for another excuse. 

Nope, not an excuse. An honest question and a possible explanation which, based on the responses I got shows he could have done both events.

Do you guys always have to take the low road whenever someone posts something that doesn’t fit your narrative?

36 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Nope, not an excuse. An honest question and a possible explanation which, based on the responses I got shows he could have done both events.

Do you guys always have to take the low road whenever someone posts something that doesn’t fit your narrative?

Yes. 

Do you have to search for a way to excuse Woodson whenever he does something questionable?

18 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

Understand… however Woodson’s age is repeatedly brought up by folks here… which should have no bearing on his ability to coach.

The recruiting trail you point out should be a responsibility of the staff , don’t you think? Younger guys who have the connections to 17-19 year olds. Woodson certainly needs to be involved, but the staff should be doing the heavy lifting.

My point is… judge Woodson for the on court results but don’t bring the age issue into the conversation. Hell, we’re about to elect a president who will be in his mid 70’s. 

If the upcoming season is a cluster, then time for a change. But let the upcoming season play out before making a decision … based on performance, not age.

Regardless of what is said on a message board, the upcoming season is going to play out before a decision is made.  I'm not sure why you would be upset with someone posting on a message board their opinion of it when they don't have the power to make that decision.

In terms of the president comment, whoever is elected is going to serve their term not in their mid seventies but rather in their one who is in their upper 70s who would serve the majority of his term in his 80s and the other who would serve his term fully in his 80s.  In terms of ageism, is it ageism to feel that we have candidates that are too old to effectively satisfy the conditions of office? (I am trying to keep this as apolitical as possible -- I am specifically talking about the fact that the choices for president are candidates who would be 78 and 82 by the time they started the next term and the concern of their aging in the next four years).

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yes. 

Do you have to search for a way to excuse Woodson whenever he does something questionable?

Do you even read what you are responding to. I said that I was NOT excusing anything. Tried to understand whether there was a logical explanation for his not being at the coach’s meeting. When I learned that he could have been at both events, I acknowledged that.

Always confrontational, or just here?

1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

Do you even read what you are responding to. I said that I was NOT excusing anything. Tried to understand whether there was a logical explanation for his not being at the coach’s meeting. When I learned that he could have been at both events, I acknowledged that.

You have to admit, you defend MW a lot!  MW doesn’t defend MW as much as you defend MW.  lol!

‘Poke the bear’ then act astonished when the bear pokes back.

There a several that have given up on Woodson. But the VAST preponderance of fans are in the ‘prove it’ stance.

If Woodson struggles this season, it will unfortunately get ugly and you can’t really blame the fanbase if it goes that way. Contrarily, if we play well and win you will see a surge of fan support that will make anyone proud.

It’s so simple. Spending days and months debating Woodson is a giant waste of time but to each their own. We will find out in 6 months from now if Woodson has the goods.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

Comments aren’t made in a vacuum. You’ve been one of Woodson’s staunchest supporters. Your ‘question’ was already answered before you asked it when the poster said that Cignetti was at the coaches conference. 

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

There a several that have given up on Woodson. But the VAST preponderance of fans are in the ‘prove it’ stance.

If Woodson struggles this season, it will unfortunately get ugly and you can’t really blame the fanbase if it goes that way. Contrarily, if we play well and win you will see a surge of fan support that will make anyone proud.

It’s so simple. Spending days and months debating Woodson is a giant waste of time but to each their own. We will find out in 6 months from now if Woodson has the goods.

image.gif.028a5174c31fea32e2a81df9de448a7b.gif

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Comments aren’t made in a vacuum. You’ve been one of Woodson’s staunchest supporters. Your ‘question’ was already answered before you asked it when the poster said that Cignetti was at the coaches conference. 

And I was not aware that he was also at Huber.

32 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe. Or if the team does well there will be the narrative that, of course they did, because the team was bought.

My hope is that the team excels for the players. They are the ones who are putting in the blood, sweat and effort. If the results then elevate Woodson, so be it. If the team doesn’t perform up to expectations, then he needs to be held accountable. I have said that before, but it appears that some folks want to ignore that 

38 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Exactly!   Let’s see how this season plays out.  If we don’t win consistently  or finish in the top 3 in the B10 and final game of the B10 tournament, elite 8 in the NCAA tournament, that would be a giant disappointment, IMO

Lol about blog threads everywhere regarding all major sports in major colleges and professional.  There is hardly any accountability anywhere.  There are just large sums of money moving around.

On 6/1/2024 at 8:35 AM, Schreckbagger said:

THIRD BEST WIN PERCENT IN THE LAST 60 YEARS AT IU.

EXTEND COACH WOODSON.

This speaks more to the abysmal state of Indiana Basketball than is does anything Mediocre Mike has "accomplished". 

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

This speaks more to the abysmal state of Indiana Basketball than is does anything Mediocre Mike has "accomplished". 

Exactly. Considering Indiana's record of coaching hires in the last 25 years that's like being the smartest person in special ed.

3 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

Again.... Go Celtics!!!!!

Sadly, I can’t stand either this C’s team, led by a pretty boy who thinks he’s better than he is (I like Brown though), or Dallas, led by crybaby Luka. Lol. But then I’m a jaded Pacers and PG/always injured Clips fan….