Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I have a hard time believing the preferential treatment thing

I believe Bill Simmons has reported the same thing. Either him or Jackie MacMullen or somebody else on Simmons' podcast. Doesn't mean there actually was preferential treatment, but it seems likely that at least some of the guys felt that way. I think the chemistry issues are real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

He only gets three assistants per NCAA rules. One director of operations and then grad assistants and other support role people. 

You can have a lot of support staff members. Titles are indeed everything these days. 

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

If Brad were to agree I’d imagine he’d want a huge pool for his assistant coaches. He might want a large staff similar to the size of his staff at Boston. 

Money isn’t a problem. There’s enough “philanthropic gifts” in waiting you’d need a dump truck to deliver it to Assembly Hall. 

Just now, Free Jurkin! said:

I believe Bill Simmons has reported the same thing. Either him or Jackie MacMullen or somebody else on Simmons' podcast. Doesn't mean there actually was preferential treatment, but it seems likely that at least some of the guys felt that way. I think the chemistry issues are real

Yeah I've definitely seen that reported from multiple people in the past. It was more so the first couple years after Gordon came back from injury than it was last year, though. They didn't like how he was getting so much playing time despite not playing very well. 

3 minutes ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Good lol. Keep it up Brad. 

Imagine that conversation.
Dolson: We'll give $8M per year. Anything you want.
Stevens: It's a deal. For my assistants I'll try to get ____, ____, and ____.
Dolson: Yeah... about that. I misspoke. We'll give you the $8M per year and most things you want but we get to select your assistant coaches. So almost anything you want.
From one conversation with current staff family, at least one staff member assisting with the transition has been told nothing more than they will be able to interview for their job when HC is in place.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think we know there in a lot of interest from what we’ve heard. Scott is not firing Archie without a replacement. Trouble in Boston? Family back Indiana, pay raise, huge offer, everyone loves you right away. Dolson has used former players like Isiah to talk to Brad. I feel good about this. Dolson is probably having a nice scotch tonight. Cheers Hoosiers!!

LFG!!!!

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think we know there in a lot of interest from what we’ve heard. Scott is not firing Archie without a replacement. Trouble in Boston? Family back Indiana, pay raise, huge offer, everyone loves you right away. Dolson has used former players like Isiah to talk to Brad. I feel good about this. Dolson is probably having a nice scotch tonight. Cheers Hoosiers!!

If you feel good about it I can jump off for the evening and resume dreaming about Stevens and Sheehey.

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Don’t have Crean talk to him... we know what would happen to the toilet at their house...

So if this does happen who breaks this news first?
A Boston reporter?
Woj?
Sham?

Called Goodman on the Archie news so I’m gonna go with Shams. Hoping its released tomorrow afternoon, who knows though!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Man, I really liked him until you said that.  Everyone knows bourbon is the drink of king(makers)! ;-)