Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Please eject me so I don’t have to sit here with these losers who don’t have enough talent for me to win? 

In all seriousness the more I chewed on the ejection the more it irked me. Your senior PG is shattered on the bench, and you calmly walk to the locker room. Pure cowardice. He hasn’t even gotten a tech to my knowledge all season. I am more upset over not facing the music with your team than I ever was over not being a true fan.

Well, he avoided shaking hands with Fred Hoiberg - the coach whose team just kicked his team's @$$.

36E5169D-461F-4E24-833E-86B9F85B1BCB.thumb.jpeg.062555e642938dd1c5cd0305d5291d13.jpeg
Hottest coach in america,!!!!

WOODSON: I don't know. We're playing as good as any team in the country right now based on the last four games. 

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I can’t share my source or provide more detail, but the differnece in discipline off the court is night and day with the basketball team compared to the football team. There are systemic issues that cannot change under Woodson 

Discipline doesn’t just mean getting in trouble. Probably a lot more guys on the football team willing to get in the gym, be in the film room etc when they don’t have to be there. 

Even with those two, he still only won enough (23-12) to get a 4th seed and then get blown out in the second game of the NCAAT. They (as with every Woodson team so far) had a midseason swoon where they weren't playing well and losing a lot of games, including a 3 game losing streak. Woodson himself had no idea how to fix that, it took a players only meeting. 
The guy just can't coach.
I have said last year is his ceiling. Getting blownout by Miami with two nba players on his team. I find it hard to believe he will be able to buy anyone as good as tjd or ware in this year's portal. Players have seen he is a crappy coach.

3 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Mocked his cadence? I may have missed something but he was just “walked” out. It happens every time someone fouls out or gets ejected. 

Some people need to just relax and make some attempt to be rational. 

Maybe they're talking about the "right, left" chant. Of course, that is typical when a player fouls out so nothing surprising there for an ejection. Of all the things to bring up, that is an odd one. Unless it was IU fans who were doing the chanting but I don't think there's any way to know that at a neutral court.

3 hours ago, JF87 said:

Woodson better schedule cupcakes next year because the fanbase is going to be toxic with each loss. 

That will only delay the inevitable, assuming they win against those cupcakes and in convincing fashion (unlike this year).

My all time favorite band is Pink Floyd… I literally listen to them every day at some point. 
This is how I’m feeling now about the state of the program. The first part of “Hey You” really resonates with me right now…lol

enjoy….

Hey You
Song by Pink Floyd

image.jpeg.95c13c62adfe020e123732c02bf69603.jpeg

Hey you, out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old
Can you feel me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles
Can you feel me?
Hey you, don't help them to bury the light
Don't give in without a fight….

3 hours ago, Mike Rodick said:

I know I'm probably in the minority here but why not take the NIT bid?.IU is pretty much an NIT type team the last 20 years with the exception of a season or two here and there where the basketball God's felt sorry for us and threw us a bone only to bury it in the neighbors yard where we couldn't find very easily soon thereafter.Assuming that guys like Ware,MM,Reneau and any injured players would not be available should not be an excuse not to play in it,there are several players that never got the opportunity to play this year because we did not have any of the traditional "clear the end of the bench" blowouts of the opponents that good teams have and we used to have and those players worked hard in practice all year and never got to play in front of their family and friends and the NIT would give those guys an opportunity.By turning down an NIT bid it almost makes it sound like it's beneath IU to accept it when in reality it's probably what should be expected with what the program has become.

What would be the point of that? Those bids are good for young teams in rebuild mode to get them extra tournament experience. Most of the young players on this team will be gone after this year and 1/2 the roster will be new. Plus, from a morale or image standpoint, avoiding another blowout loss would be better than playing another game or two.

On top of that, it's likely that anyone thinking of going pro would sit out. So no Ware or MM, probably no Reneau (I think he'll test the waters).

I really hate we have to go through another year of this for us to just turn around and fire him. And we lose out our opportunity to get the 25 recruits because they will have likely committed somewhere else. It also hurts our ability to get the best coaching options.

If Dusty May takes a job somewhere else like Louisville or Ohio State, he's not going leave for IU after just a year. And who knows if Pearl is still an option. We always find a way to screw ourselves. 

24 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I have said last year is his ceiling. Getting blownout by Miami with two nba players on his team. I find it hard to believe he will be able to buy anyone as good as tjd or ware in this year's portal. Players have seen he is a crappy coach.

Valid point…which is why it was damning to play the exact same system minus TJD and JHS. It made no sense. 

The absolute nightmare here is that there's a world where they find just enough pieces in the portal + bring back Reneau and Mac and squeeze into the tourney as a 9-10 seed. If the BOT didn't want him out after this year, they won't after a tourney appearance. Then you're staring down a 5th year with a 67 yr old coach and a likely full roster turnover at that point.

2 hours ago, IU Prof said:

I think those that are holding out hope that because Dolson hasn't gone on record, Woodson may still not be back, are setting themselves up for disappointment (understandably....denial is the first stage of grief...). Woodson is under contract 3 more years, so there's no reason that Dolson would need to say anything, especially after the report a weeks ago.

That having been said, here's a 5% possibility that wouldn't entirely shock me: IU sees more substantial transfers out than the staff is expecting, and then struggles to get the type of talent Woodson is hoping to land in the portal. Thus, by mid May, Woodson can see the writing on the wall that next year is going to be ugly, so he decides to retire at that point, citing health concerns. That leaves IU scrambling after the coaches carousel has already run its course, and the transfer portal is all but squeezed dry.

So a final way to f**k over IU by waiting too long to retire? Seems about right.

18 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

He can schedule all the cupcakes he wants next year. If IU doesn't beat them by 20 points or more that effects their NET and in the same boat as this year. I don't see him getting a center as good as Ware was nor another TJD .... without the big man like that, Woodson's team is going nowhere. It doesn't matter what year it is.

People keep forgetting we are in the Battle for Atlantis in November. The TV people aren’t going to miss a chance to pair us with Arizona or Gonzaga. And the zags might be third best team in it. We are going to learn real quick whether the season is going to be a dumpster fire.

He can schedule all the cupcakes he wants next year. If IU doesn't beat them by 20 points or more that effects their NET and in the same boat as this year. I don't see him getting a center as good as Ware was nor another TJD .... without the big man like that, Woodson's team is going nowhere. It doesn't matter what year it is.
Without a big as good as ware they are going nowhere. Without one his offense is doomed.

1 hour ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

Yeah, it would really have sucked to be waiting for the invitation that doesn't come.

And if bid actually came and a couple wins then another million$ raise for doing a million$ job.

27 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

What would be the point of that? Those bids are good for young teams in rebuild mode to get them extra tournament experience. Most of the young players on this team will be gone after this year and 1/2 the roster will be new. Plus, from a morale or image standpoint, avoiding another blowout loss would be better than playing another game or two.

On top of that, it's likely that anyone thinking of going pro would sit out. So no Ware or MM, probably no Reneau (I think he'll test the waters).

I think that is part of the equation. The other, that by announcing a head that IU wouldn't accept an NIT bid is it eliminates the possible embarrass of not getting invited.