Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

It's true about most teams having lots of cash to throw around - especially major conference teams with big football & TV revenue.

That's why we may not harvest the portal like the NY Yankees with no salary cap.  Top players can get similar money and play in better programs with a greater prospect of winning.

We also have actual data sets to support that. Last offseason. Needed a guard and a shooter. Got neither and left a scholly unused. That was my argument with that one dude. Acting like we are the only program who needs guards and has money is just ridiculous. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but saying I am skeptical would be the understatement of the year. 

50 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Maybe would've helped to keep guys like Matta and Fife who knew the college game well around a little longer... or actually listen to Matta while he was here at least

Do ya think? But the all-knowing one just ignored them anyway. And then sent Fife packing.

50 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I don't think this has been asked (but I drank quite a bit last night so may have missed it)

Has it been reported what Woody said to get that 2nd tech? Why is this clown mouthing at the refs when his team is down 30? Did he think the refs screwed us so badly it caused us to not execute a decent 3-point defense?? Seriously, what could he have been complaining about at that moment that justified getting a T?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

He just wanted to get tossed. He showed ZERO emotion. When the got the second T, he just turned and walked away. Arrogance. Cowardice. Quitter.

30 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Exactly, which means they are employees but the money still doesn’t come out of the university budget.  It really doesn’t have anything to do with their Name, Image and Likeness.  Didn’t this whole thing start by the universities profiting off the players?  Shouldn’t the money come out of those profits?  Shouldn’t the money be regulated by the universities?  But it is not, it’s a darn free for all and these players are getting paid by billionaires and millionaires donating money to them.  The more money they can raise, the better players they can buy.  This is totally messed up

This came out of the O’Bannon lawsuit where he was put on the video game cover and prohibited by NCAA rules from being paid by EA sports.  It’s supposed to allow them to sign legitimate endorsement deals like say an IU music student could.  Of course the NCAA being what it is was behind and there are now now rules and no enforcement.  So it’s now just deep pocket friends of the program dropping bags of cash on the table instead of under the table.  

15 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'd like to hear something too, no matter how unrealistic. Jerry said last Friday he'd have an update over the weekend but it never happened. 

It's Saturday morning. Kind of hard to say the "over the weekend" update "never happened". Give them time.

15 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'd like to hear something too, no matter how unrealistic. Jerry said last Friday he'd have an update over the weekend but it never happened. 

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

To be clear, nothing is happening. I just wanted to make sure that this gif still works.

Just now, RoncalliHoosier said:

It's Saturday morning. Kind of hard to say the "over the weekend" update "never happened". Give them time.

It was a week before yesterday, Friday the 8th when he said it. 

12 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

To see a program legend looking completely deflated and beaten was really sad.

i feel bad for Woody. His family needs to tell him he’s too old for this sh!t.

And I would not be surprised if that is exactly what happens.

Really hope for this, would be best for all.

If he so much as hints that he’s feeling this way in the end-of-season “exit interview,” Scotty should consider a sweetheart job offer where he gets a decent chunk of his buyout as salary for a athletic department job he doesn’t need to show up for too often. 

43 minutes ago, RoadRage said:

I would really like to hear Dolson explain why he thinks things will be different next season. If I am Woody, I would be searching for a proven recruiter right now that actually knows how to build a team!

Thats all his staff is. They’re all known as recruiters. I’m not sure any of them are known for teaching, scouting or anything else. 

2 hours ago, JF87 said:

Woodson better schedule cupcakes next year because the fanbase is going to be toxic with each loss. 

Even the cupcakes are dangerous if he doesn't blow them out.  Some people realized what all the close games meant early this year.  Everyone will know next year.

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

This from a couple months ago. If he were to say that again in present day, I’d laugh and say sorry Coach, I don’t think they do….unless you do what’s best and be done with this. As of right now that’s probably going to be the only way. 

IMG_3694.jpeg

That was the start of the turn. He could feel it.  Unfortunately for everyone. 

Guards?????? IU has already 'paid' their guards for next year ... Leal and Galloway. LOL
Yep no guard is coming here they will be afraid of those two.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t have anything to add today so far. All quiet here but everything just start back on Monday.

Once again, it’s very, very quiet