Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, iu-dl said:

That's such a soft play. Woody "too good" to play in the NIT, where he'd like get a beat down by another mediocre program.

I think it’s more like we have to hit a homerun in the portal to salvage anything next year. Why waste time in the nit? 

Lots of programs will do this. Ole Miss solved the same thing for Beard. 

Woodson better schedule cupcakes next year because the fanbase is going to be toxic with each loss. 
He is going to schedule a bunch of tough teams again cause he is delusional enough to think he can compete with them. Heck he couldn't even compete with them when he had tjd. Arizona. Miami. Kansas. All blowouts

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I for one am glad he got himself booted because I didn’t want to listen to the bull $hit he was going to spew.  I have zero hope for next year and then he will be gone!  One year of waste.  Hope Cig can keep us entertained with Cig stuff over the summer.  It’s a long time to kick off!  We are officially a football school.

Because Leal is personally happy because he's finally playing and getting paid, able to pay off his sisters loans.  He's happy because of woody.  A new coach might not play his one dimensional @$$ and he knows it.  So he needs woody here so he can have a good final year.   Maybe we should keep him here just for leals personal gain?

His sister might be going to graduate school soon.  Leal needs the good NIL money to pay for that.  Leal says chill on woody...hmm.
I don't get the Leal love by some. He has Woodsons back and trashes fans because he is getting the nil nobody else would ever give him. What other school would even give him an nil? Indiana state?

Mike woodson ain't playing in no darn nit it's time to golf.The scotts(happy) are going to give his assistants their ATM pin and they will have to to buy players. Woodson has no time to recruit it's vacation time.

6 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I don't get the Leal love by some. He has Woodsons back and trashes fans because he is getting the nil nobody else would ever give him. What other school would even give him an nil? Indiana state?

I thought players were supposed to get money on their Name, Image, and likeness?  I can’t see how some of these players are getting that much of a fat paycheck unless it’s not really based on Name, Image, and Likeness, just what the coach and school want to give you. Am I missing something here?

It seems like a damn free for all!

Just now, Hornsby said:

Mike woodson ain't playing in no darn nit it's time to golf.The scotts(happy) are going to give his assistants their ATM pin and they will have to ho buy players. Woodson has no time to recruit it's vacation time.

Portal shopping and golf is an easy multitask.

Almost like recruiting via Amazon Prime; spend enough and deliver to your doorstep.

35 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Those are good points.  They focus too much on the metrics.  Honestly, the true metrics that should be looked at are pretty much what you stated above.  

IUs NET could have been in the 30s and they would still been behind Sparty and Ohio st.   Results matters as well and the results said IU only beat 2 tournament quality teams all year and both of those were at home against teams 6 seed or worse.   Ohio st had wins against Bama(3 or 4) on neutral and home against Purdue (1 overall seed).  Sparty has wins against Baylor(neutral 3 seed), Illinois at home (3 or 4 seed).    People make too much about the metrics in my opinion.  At the end of the day it’s still about quality teams you beat and where they were played.   

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

I thought players were supposed to get money on their Name, Image, and likeness?  I can’t see how some of these players are getting that much of a fat paycheck unless it’s not really based on Name, Image, and Likeness, just what the coach and school want to give you. Am I missing something here?

It’s not based on Name, Image, and Likeness.

It’s a paycheck.

I know I'm probably in the minority here but why not take the NIT bid?.IU is pretty much an NIT type team the last 20 years with the exception of a season or two here and there where the basketball God's felt sorry for us and threw us a bone only to bury it in the neighbors yard where we couldn't find very easily soon thereafter.Assuming that guys like Ware,MM,Reneau and any injured players would not be available should not be an excuse not to play in it,there are several players that never got the opportunity to play this year because we did not have any of the traditional "clear the end of the bench" blowouts of the opponents that good teams have and we used to have and those players worked hard in practice all year and never got to play in front of their family and friends and the NIT would give those guys an opportunity.By turning down an NIT bid it almost makes it sound like it's beneath IU to accept it when in reality it's probably what should be expected with what the program has become.

5 minutes ago, iu-dl said:

That walk-off by Woody may have been "it" for Dolson I'd imagine. You can't bring back a coach that (1) walks out on his team and (2) can't actually coach. Where's our boy 007 with the day-after juice??

I hope your right that perhaps the tone changes after this last game...seeing him walk out.  The fans , atleast over 50% think he's a joke.  He will get boo's next year constantly.  He's a dad man walking.  He's built nothing here, total portal this year. What a joke 

5 minutes ago, iu-dl said:

That walk-off by Woody may have been "it" for Dolson I'd imagine. You can't bring back a coach that (1) walks out on his team and (2) can't actually coach. Where's our boy 007 with the day-after juice??

Yep that was pathetic. It wasn’t even like he was kicking and screaming and they were trying to get him to leave. He was getting his butt kicked and didn’t want to have to face it. Period. 

As long as the Simon's are footing the bill I would not be too confident he will be gone after next year. QB might be off the BoT in July 2025 but I have a gut feeling it is "money" speaking more than QB on this matter.

And let’s not forget, the governor could just reelect Quinn. It’s not like we know he’s even 100% gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm probably in the minority here but why not take the NIT bid?.IU is pretty much an NIT type team the last 20 years with the exception of a season or two here and there where the basketball God's felt sorry for us and threw us a bone only to bury it in the neighbors yard where we couldn't find very easily soon thereafter.Assuming that guys like Ware,MM,Reneau and any injured players would not be available should not be an excuse not to play in it,there are several players that never got the opportunity to play this year because we did not have any of the traditional "clear the end of the bench" blowouts of the opponents that good teams have and we used to have and those players worked hard in practice all year and never got to play in front of their family and friends and the NIT would give those guys an opportunity.By turning down an NIT bid it almost makes it sound like it's beneath IU to accept it when in reality it's probably what should be expected with what the program has become.
And again I am mike woodson the NIT is beneath me. I coached Carmelo man. I did my job!!

9 minutes ago, Mike Rodick said:

I don’t think we are going to have the bodies, and they know it. The next 48-72 hours are going to be interesting. I don’t personally think he leaves because I don’t think he gets the money or usage elsewhere, but even AC last night finally commented on how bad/disconnected MR has looked for the last like 10 games. He looked like he was rounding into maybe an all-B1G type player and completely fell off the wagon. It’s probably nothing but I firmly believe we get at least one extra transfer no one outside the program is expecting.

Edit: ACs student reported also stated the NIT news was making the rounds through press row several minutes before the game was even over. Osterman just waited to post it until the game was over.