Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

fIre CoAch woodsoN ThREAD

8 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

But there is still no reason they cant push back on those fans

you are right, it is huge, they would get paid the same without the select few who want to take it as far as rooting for them to fail.

Pushing back by the players and staff is never a good look. All it does is divide the fan base further. You also run the risk of alienating fans that were not part of the problem. There is literally nothing to gain for the staff or players to call out fans. 
What exactly did the players and staff gain by calling out fans? Just giving more ammunition to the haters if the staff fails in the portal or they don’t win next year. This isn’t the NBA, and Woodson hasn’t figured that out.

I just keep thinking about that Dennis Green rant on the bears. Mike Woodson is who we all thought he was. A very mediocre coach who hasn’t had much success and seemingly has no plan for the future. Which was a concern with zero prior college experience. Ok we can make do we can have him until the next up and coming coach appears. Oh wait, it’s an IU grad who was a former student manager? Nah, let’s pass on him for more years of mediocre ceiling. The most important thing a leader of a business will do is who they hire and who they fire. And if a mistake was made on the hiring - admitting it and moving on quickly. Unfortunately not the way the IU admin works. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have a big problem with people who don't take accountability. One of the main reasons you rub me the wrong way & is also how you are so alike to your head coach.You blame everyone but the person in the mirror.

He could have changed how everyone felt on Sunday if he had come out & said hey my bad on this season. We did not compete for BT championships or make the NCAA tournament like I said we would from day 1. That's on me, and I'll make sure we do better from here on out. NO accountability

But no he can't handle that, It's my fault because I point out that he's a mediocre coach in the Big Ten 31-29. He was the same with the Atlanta Hawks and the same with the Knicks. He refuses to change but he happily blames everyone else but himself. 

No, no, no. He's a coaching savant so well hidden that only two people, one being Woodson himself, realize it. Not the mediocre coach fired from the Hawks and Knicks that no one else wanted.

10 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Show me one post from last year stating this happened since it is “widely known” - not in recent weeks when people are spinning bull ****. When it happened. Should be easy since it was widely known 

I think it likely didn't leak at the time because things were still going okay and most everyone was still on Woody's side...things start to go down hill and lips start to move. 

I also think it is likely that Woodson got his name wrong, but I do find it hard to believe that he just didn't know who he was. Those are two completely different things, and if he actually didn't know who Love was, yikes. Getting his name wrong would also mirror the "rumors" about him getting Flory's name wrong. I mean hell, I can barely get my kids names right half the time, and my parents and grandparents called me everything but my name on multiple occasions growing up. Could be as innocent as that...

Do I think there is some truth to these "rumors", yes...but do I think there is some embellishment or bad telephone going on as its repeated, also yes. 

1 minute ago, Ngw7183 said:

You guys do realize Cal, Izzo, Knight etc all have done this. Push back on fans and media. 

“But Woody isn’t a winner” - so it isn’t about pushing back, it is he hasn’t won. Cool, then we solved that. Simply win. The rest is people getting up in their feelings because they got called out. 

You do realize all of those guys won national championships or several deep tourney runs before they started to push back on fans and media? They had the resume to back it up. Preposterous to compare those 3 with anything Woodson has done. 

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

I'm really having a hard time understanding why anyone thinks this portal method is going to work with this staff. Look at the excuses that were consistently used this year. How is next year going to be any different? 

How are we going to get any good shooters to come to this team when the offense doesn't do anything to help them? 

Personally, I see nothing encouraging about sticking with Woodson. All it is going to do is get us another year of irrelevance. The difference between IU and real programs is that they are able to look at the current state and assess what it means for the future and make decisions. IU admin consistently waits until they are painted into a corner and then reacts to the limited options it has left itself with. How many times do we have to see the same movie on repeat to realize the ending doesn't change?

I guess it depends on your expectations. If you think IU and staff are going to land 3-4 of the top 50 or so portal players (that everybody else is coveting) and basically start a new team, yeah, you're going to be disappointed. And if that is the plan of the staff and how they approach the portal this off-season.... they're already writing their own demise. It's just not going to work that way.

I do think when the dust settles, IU will be bringing back a solid core that they can build upon. No excuse to not get a high-level guard, but after that it should be about appropriately constructing the roster and finding roles. 

Just now, Ngw7183 said:

You guys do realize Cal, Izzo, Knight etc all have done this. Push back on fans and media. 

“But Woody isn’t a winner” - so it isn’t about pushing back, it is he hasn’t won. Cool, then we solved that. Simply win. The rest is people getting up in their feelings because they got called out. 

LOL…. Wait… LOL… are you being serious???

When this staff doesn’t get beat by 20 points in the first weekend of the NCAA, then they can start pushing back. 

Win or go home kid…. Let’s see what happens….

9 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Show me one post from last year stating this happened since it is “widely known” - not in recent weeks when people are spinning bull ****. When it happened. Should be easy since it was widely known 

As someone asked up above, you act like you have a direct line to information here, so simple question:  Did Woodson know Love's name on the visit?  Yes or No.

I don't care if it was widely known or if someone brought it up back then.  That is just brownie points on a message board that can't really be cashed for anything.  The important thing is the question itself.  Did he not know the kid's name?  Yes, No, or I don't know are the 3 acceptable answers.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Calipari has pushed back HARD at the UK fans, or, as he has called them "Basketball Bennies." lol

And the fans hate, hate, HATE him for it. Unless, of course, they are winning.

Winning cures everything, y'all.

If Woody wins big? It will all be good. If he doesn't? Bye, bye Woody.

Make March Fun Again...just win baby!

18 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Dalton Knecht was taking his visits on a compressed timeline.  He visited Oregon on April 10th, Woody had elective surgery on the 11th, he visited Tennessee along with our other target Ledlum on the 13th. Woody had some complications and was in the hospital longer than he should have been he said this at Huber’s in June. This was not a secret my dude. Deflect, gaslight, repeat. I knew you wouldn’t answer when I asked the question 

1 minute ago, Ngw7183 said:

First thing they did was call Eric - man, you are really digging. Maybe stick to first hand knowledge 

Who did Eric say was to blame the fans, who did Mike blame on Sunday the fans. Everyone knows Eric has the ear of a few on staff.