Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

18 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

If it works for Woodson and company next year, he won’t be riding off into retirement, he’ll be back for another year.  The only way recruiting heavily out of the portal, is if you have returning players that can help complement them and ease the transition 

Idk, no inside info but people who know things have suggested he was probably up for a 4-5 year commitment.

And hey, maybe it works well enough, they do some work with ‘25s, but there’s a transition he doesn’t choose.

2 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Miscalculation by Woody and him not being willing to put his guys on the bench or ask them to transfer (Crean them) 

I still don't see a world where Knecht or Love wouldn't have gotten as many minutes as they wanted this season? Even with Galloway on the roster and Xavier Johnson not being injured. 

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I think IU was a little more shiny last year than this year.  I do think with the staffs work now with TJD and Ware, getting a big with NBA aspirations becomes easier for us.  The other positions, I think we may have to pay up for and those are ones (PG especially) we really need.  I could see some of these kids being a little wary but I think if we return a strong core, finish the year strong and have playing time available we should be able to get a high end PG

We needed guards last year and got none. We literally left a scholarship open because we couldn’t land a guard or didn’t want to— reason doesn’t matter. Players aren’t dumb and they talk. And all they have to do is listen (inside-out comment). I wouldn’t be shocked at all if we land a starter level center and play with two bigs again and MM out of position if he stays. Folks saying otherwise are choosing to ignore facts to fit their narrative. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hate to say it but with our staff I think they need to pick NIT or work on the portal. There is no way they can do both

Not sure I agree. Portal is priority number one for sure, but you still just roll the ball out and play in the tournament. A meltdown is coming either way, but losing because of a lack of prep from the staff (which I also don't totally buy) brings a lot less of a s**tstorm than saying "no thanks!" imo.

6 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

For sure, but you keep ignoring the behavior that isn’t acceptable and that players have every right to push back on that. This meltdown over that is crazy to me. “What, how dare they say that. Only I am allowed to take shots at them and hope they all quit, how dare they say anything about me”  

If you want to root for a meltdown and players to all leave just so you get your way (when not a single on of us know 100% what is best), then label that whatever you want. Toxic fan, not true fan, a-hole fan and narcissistic fan. 

The IU fan base is massive. Got to take the good with the bad. Are some things inappropriate that the fans do? Yeah. But those same fans make it possible that the players get paid the way they do. Can’t handle the bad part of the IU fan base? Go to DePaul, Ball State, etc…..

I'm really having a hard time understanding why anyone thinks this portal method is going to work with this staff. Look at the excuses that were consistently used this year. How is next year going to be any different? 

How are we going to get any good shooters to come to this team when the offense doesn't do anything to help them? 

Personally, I see nothing encouraging about sticking with Woodson. All it is going to do is get us another year of irrelevance. The difference between IU and real programs is that they are able to look at the current state and assess what it means for the future and make decisions. IU admin consistently waits until they are painted into a corner and then reacts to the limited options it has left itself with. How many times do we have to see the same movie on repeat to realize the ending doesn't change?

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Cade Tyson, Belmont:

• SHOOTER, lots of all-around game. Two years left

Ryan Conwell, Indiana State:

• Stat stuffer. Shooter. Two years left. From Indianapolis

Isaiah Swope, Indiana State:

• Under-sized shooter, defensive point, not really a point on offense. Two years left. From Newburgh

Connor Hickman, Bradley - Bloomington South grad:

• SHOOTER. One year left. From Bloomington

Ben Humrichous, Evansville:

• SHOOTER SHOOTER SHOOTER. Three years left. From Tipton.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmmm.... I detect a theme. Lots of post-Vonleh/Stan Robinson 2015 comps with our current situation.

It is a year too late though.  These types were available last year as well and we had a need and left a scholarship open.  I mean great if the staff has finally figured this stuff out but it is kind of frustrating that we had to take a year like this for them to figure out things that a bunch of internet yahoos were pointing out last year at this time.

16 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

For sure, but you keep ignoring the behavior that isn’t acceptable and that players have every right to push back on that. This meltdown over that is crazy to me. “What, how dare they say that. Only I am allowed to take shots at them and hope they all quit, how dare they say anything about me”  

If you want to root for a meltdown and players to all leave just so you get your way (when not a single on of us know 100% what is best), then label that whatever you want. Toxic fan, not true fan, a-hole fan and narcissistic fan. 

News flash there are a bunch of us that know 100% what's best.  And this ain't it.  

22 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

I think for a lot of fans, we wish and hoped that Mike Woodson would be the bridge he described. Everyone knew, including MW that he wasn’t the long term answer. The issue is even though deep down we wish he was the bridge, I can see that the bridge is on fire. Can maybe the fire be put out and rebuilt? Sure. But if you hire a contractor to build or remodel you a house and it catches fire - are you trusting them to rebuild or are you going to look at other contractors? Doesn’t mean when the original contractor was hired we didn’t want them to succeed. 

Turns out Mike wasn't the bridge.  He is the hump.  

6 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Whatever man. You are taking some truth and spinning it but no arguing with you because what you say is gospel on here. Funny you characterized both of those recruitments very differently last spring. Not a single post stating what you are now. 

For someone that said I “changed” - it is you that changed. You provided insight that was unbiased before. Once you decided you were personally done with Woody and it is best to get him out, you changed. Even your reaction to Sunday was not the guy I have seen on here all these years.

I have always been abrasive, this isn’t you. 

Please, tell us what really happened. Because the knee surgery and not knowing Loves name was pretty widely known when it happened. Enlighten us as to why we either said no or they said no and we left a scholarship open. And don’t say fear of Gallo and X. Provide actual factual information of why. Not vague statements. Facts. 

16 hours ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Fun anecdote from a friend/coworker who happens to be a UNC grad that grew up an IU fan: “Only IU could have an alumnus that’s the hottest mid major coach in the country,  and stay with Mike Woodson.”

And you know the old saying about opinions and a certain body part? Everybodys got one.

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hate to say it but with our staff I think they need to pick NIT or work on the portal. There is no way they can do both

Well according to woody, he has done his job...and we have zero recruits...so therefore he will probably chose to COACH in the NIT and nor RECRUIT the portal, since you know his job is to coach. 

10 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Whatever man. You are taking some truth and spinning it but no arguing with you because what you say is gospel on here. Funny you characterized both of those recruitments very differently last spring. Not a single post stating what you are now. 

For someone that said I “changed” - it is you that changed. You provided insight that was unbiased before. Once you decided you were personally done with Woody and it is best to get him out, you changed. Even your reaction to Sunday was not the guy I have seen on here all these years.

I have always been abrasive, this isn’t you. 

Did Woodson mess up Love's name or not?  Yes or no?  

But there is still no reason they cant push back on those fans
you are right, it is huge, they would get paid the same without the select few who want to take it as far as rooting for them to fail.
Yes they can push back! But why the he'll would they! I am still trying to think of one single positive to Woody and leal trying to attack the fanbase. I can't. It probably made them even more angry and now more pressure to produce imo. I hope Woodson knows that year 4 I expect a sweet 16 or farther or they should fire is butt

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Tom White said:

And you know the old saying about opinions and a certain body part? Everybodys got one.

You missed the point. The point was pretty much every person I’ve interacted with that either has or doesn’t have IU connections thinks Woody needs to go. For example, NO ONE I talked to outside the fan base thought we should fire Crean. Most thought we were insane. We were the only ones carrying the torch, and nationally the media also thought we were insane, and maybe we were— but no one is defending Woody like that.

Just now, Ngw7183 said:

So after calling me a narcissist it is really all you that know for sure what is best.

if you are that good at understanding all the issues, talent, recruiting, system, locker room, etc then why are all of you posting on a message board? We have at least 10 D1 superstar coaches who could be making millions. 

If you really believe that and others do to, that is hilarious. To say you think you know, strongly believe, fine, but 100% know the best thing is to burn it down, have all the players leave etc is what is best. Oh m

As I said before, Yawn.  

38 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

If we were to turn down the NIT - assuming there isn't a coaching change and some mass exodus - we're a gigantic crybaby loser program and deserve every ounce of hate we get.

Yes, very much. I just saw the semifinals and finals are at Hinkle this year. If we get invited, accept and go win the damn thing.

9 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Please, tell us what really happened. Because the knee surgery and not knowing Loves name was pretty widely known when it happened. Enlighten us as to why we either said no or they said no and we left a scholarship open. And don’t say fear of Gallo and X. Provide actual factual information of why. Not vague statements. Facts. 

He can't he would rather attack me. It's been his MO since I started calling things out and not blindly following Woodson