Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I don’t know how many times I can explain this.

Portal doesn’t work like this. Period. Agents are involved. If you won’t guarantee spots to certain guys, you won’t get them. Then, if you do and go back on it, that agent won’t send you another guy again.

his only option was to tell X and Trey, these guys have the spot and not you. It is easy to play Monday morning quarterback but even if you say, heck yeah he should have, how would that have played out to every other guy on team and in future? Talk about a bad locker room.

Why different now, he has one spot fully open and Trey more than willing to go to bench for the help he didn’t have this year. Trey was frustrated with lack of help. Not Woody. That is what he wanted changed. 

So Trey went to Woody last year and said absolutely no way I'll come off the bench. But this season his 5th and final year he went to Woody and said I'm fine playing less and coming off the bench? OK sure

Also @Tom White and I would like to see the facts to back up that this actually happened. TIA

1 minute ago, Ngw7183 said:

Portal doesn’t work like this. Period. Agents are involved. If you won’t guarantee spots to certain guys, you won’t get them. Then, if you do and go back on it, that agent won’t send you another guy again.

his only option was to tell X and Trey, these guys have the spot and not you. It is easy to play Monday morning quarterback but even if you say, heck yeah he should have, how would that have played out to every other guy on team and in future? Talk about a bad locker room.

Why different now, he has one spot fully open and Trey more than willing to go to bench for the help he didn’t have this year. Trey was frustrated with lack of help. Not Woody. That is what he wanted changed. 

If you've answered this, apologies, too many pages to keep up with.

Honestly asking, do you have first hand knowledge of this, or just speaking on what you have gathered, read, etc.? Your posts read as if you have intimate knowledge on the inner workings of the current college basketball landscape and what programs are dealing with, especially here at IU.

I speak only to my opinions/thoughts, etc., but your posts have a different confidence to them that implies a different level of insight. Just curious. 

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

The reports on Love is he was asking for offensive autonomy which is a big reason why IU didn’t come after him as hard.  Woody not knowing who he was when he was on campus is also s bad look.  As you have said, multiple things can be true.

you are correct about knecht.  We weren’t close to getting him.

Which Woody had knee surgery at the same time as Dalton going to UT. He then had complications with the Knee surgery and had to go back into the hospital for a second time which slowed visits down. Per Woody's own words as @OKHOOSIER pointed out earlier.

Both can be true.

Just now, Ngw7183 said:

And that is where he has changed and can’t see it. He never used to dabble in 3rd and 4th hand rumor. Now, if it makes Woody look bad, all in

Sorry, but when he said he wanted them all to transfer and stated it publicly, insinuated Trey and Leal were upset but took a payoff to stay and say they love Woody.  Wow. Never used to be this way. 

wow dude. this totally off base. me and @chris haven't always agreed but I know he wouldn't do this. need to grow up a little.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Who did Eric say was to blame the fans, who did Mike blame on Sunday the fans. Everyone knows Eric has the ear of a few on staff. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Liam and his mom tried to soften the blow to Woody by saying something like "it's not you, we picked you for our coach, it's those rotten fans."  Or something like that.   That sounds so much nicer than, "we've seen you coach and there's no way we're coming."

I don't know, but if Woodson is going to give a reason, the nasty fans sound so much better than the alternative...lol

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have to remember not to give you the time of the day. Another person on here says things you blindly follow but you question everything I say. I appreciate you though

That's OK, I have a clock. There is nobody on here that I blindly follow, and I have not questioned EVERYTHING you say. Heck, I have even quoted you to other posters who ask a question and I say "Well, according to Chris it is this or that". 

It is simply that I have learned we cannot take everything anyone says as a fact when asked to "connect the dots".  That doesn't only apply to things you say, but to most anything in general, be it from you, that "Trilly" guy, Rabjohns, the Kathy/Cathy person or whomever.

To me, all the rumors and inuendo fit in the category of fool me once/fool me twice. I will question everything not backed up by facts, period. 

2 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

So after calling me a narcissist it is really all you that know for sure what is best.

if you are that good at understanding all the issues, talent, recruiting, system, locker room, etc then why are all of you posting on a message board? We have at least 10 D1 superstar coaches who could be making millions. 

If you really believe that and others do to, that is hilarious. To say you think you know, strongly believe, fine, but 100% know the best thing is to burn it down, have all the players leave etc is what is best. Oh my 

I was the one who called you a narcissist.  And I’ll never claim that I have or know what it takes to be a D1 coach at a power 5 university university.  

But I do think there are some very valid criticisms being made about Woodson.  You may not agree with delivery of those messages but the point of those messages are certainly worth examining.  And it’s not just what’s been put on message boards that woody refused to answer.  The post game interview after the Minnesota game was a perfect example where he was being asked a very straight forward question about the portal period.  His answer was unnecessarily combative.  Even if it were the 1980s and he were Bob knight, it’s a different informational age. Whether or not those questioning him are right or wrong, the combativeness isn’t going to do anything but feed the fire of those who don’t like you.  Just a matter of reading the room.

this thread is a toxic tire fire and everyone is fighting with each other....

seinfeld-jason-alexander.gif

Feels like it needs to be locked for a bit so the temperate can cool down

On 3/10/2024 at 11:15 PM, J34 said:

These players make a helluva more money than most posters on here do. These guys aren't amateurs anymore,  they're tax paying, semi professional basketball players. Blaming fans for the teams lackluster season, and low bball iq, is a complete cop-out. This is territory the coaches and players should not be going into. 

Yeah F Leal I will not buy a house from him now.

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Which Woody had knee surgery at the same time as Dalton going to UT. He then had complications with the Knee surgery and had to go back into the hospital for a second time which slowed visits down. Per Woody's own words as @OKHOOSIER pointed out earlier.

Both can be true.

Correct.  I was just saying IU wasn’t close to getting Knecht.  Wasn’t making any proclamations as to why.

23 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Whatever.  If those are the portal "rules," and that is going to be your sandbox, then you play by those "rules."  That's his mess.    

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't believe I have attacked his character like he has mine multiple times. I've even gone as far as to say he's probably a good dude but this is a little much. I'll let him take it from here. I have unlimited likes to use and my DM's are always open.

I started this thread and it's sad that you might leave but I understand. To the moderators I classify @Ngw7183  recent post as bullying and feel a warning is necessary. Chris you and I have had our disagreements about Woodson at the beginning but you were able to have proper reflection and change your viewpoint (right or wrong time will tell for both of us).  That ability to evolve is what we should all strive for. If developments were such that you in the future you feel that Woodson is again the right guy for the job, I would take your opinion way more seriously than people who are incapable of self reflection. 

Honest to god the very fact that it's come to this with the fan base shows that we're at an impasse with IU athletics and drastic changes have to be made.